PDA

View Full Version : stud 8 hand...howd I do?

Aicirt
04-29-2005, 02:08 AM
How did I play this? Ill give my thoughts on some of the streets, comments on any street are welcome.

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High-Low - Level V (100/200), Ante 15, Bring-In 25 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

Seat 1: 2,065
Seat 3: 2,568
Seat 4: 1,789
Seat 6: 2,152
Hero: 3,426

3rd Street - (0.75 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___raises
Seat 3: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Hero: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in___calls

I want action on this so I just bring in. Looking back, I probably shouldve reraised here.

4th Street - (2.75 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets___calls
Hero: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises

Raise is good here right? If I brick on 5th I might get a free card, if I catch another low then I have a freeroll to draw to my straight.

5th Street - (3.38 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets

Im pretty sure he has Ks up now...should I have just checked behind?

6th Street - (5.38 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Hero: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls

Jacks full?

River - (7.38 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___bets
Hero: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls

Total pot: (9.38 BB)

Im pretty sure Im beat here, but I cant be so sure to fold this river for one bet.

So what do you do differently?

Aicirt

Andy B
04-29-2005, 03:03 AM
I probably bring it in for a full bet. You would like action if it is of the multi-way variety, and that isn't likely given your opponents' door cards. I would prefer to buy the antes rather than play heads-up with a high hand. Having brought it in for the minimum, I wouldn't re-raise on third street. He raised from early position, so he's likely to have a hand. If he had gotten a couple of callers, you might raise for value, but your hand is only around even money heads-up on third against a likely big pair.

On fourth, you have an edge, assuming he has one pair, but it's pretty small. In a cash game, I think you jam. In a tournament, you should probably just call unless you think you're outclassed, in which case you need to gamble. Here, you have a big stack, so I think you can sit back a bit. I don't think that a raise will get you a free card on fifth very often. If you catch a banana, he will bet into you on fifth unless he is completely hopeless.

On fifth, I check behind. He's not going anywhere. Your board may look scary, but he's not folding Kings-up. Take the free card and be thankful for it.

Sixth is a call. The river is tough. He only has to be out of line 10% of the time for a call to be profitable. He could have started with pocket Aces or Queens, but he should know that there is very little value in betting into you with two pair, as you'll only call if you've made a low or a hand that beats two pair. Still, I'm never more than 90% sure about anything, so I always pay it off, if only for the good of society.