PDA

View Full Version : Negreanus(sp?) new post in his blog

B Mando
04-29-2005, 01:06 AM
It looks like he wants to play someone heads up for some big bucks. His comment is the last sentence of the post...check it.

blaze666
04-29-2005, 05:40 PM
half a million? how long would it take to earn that much at mcdonalds?

Mason Malmuth
04-29-2005, 05:46 PM
Hi B Mando:

Could you put a link to this. I would like to take a look at it.

Best wishes,
Mason

Jeffage
04-29-2005, 05:51 PM
Here you go Mason.

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-journal.php?subaction=showfull&id=1114737389&archi ve=&start_from=&ucat=&

tipperdog
04-29-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It looks like he wants to play someone heads up for some big bucks. His comment is the last sentence of the post...check it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta be kidding me. The line in Dan's blog is:

[ QUOTE ]

After that, I'm going to play a little poker and then as I said earlier head to La Bete for a drink with Antonio and friends. Unless of course someone decides they want to play heads up for half a million?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad grammar aside, it's clear this isn't a specific challenge, just a general statement. If I say, "After work today, I plan to have dinner at home...unless I get hit by a truck," am I planning a car vs. ped encounter?

ZeeJustin
04-29-2005, 07:38 PM
My guess is it's an inside joke and/or an obscure reference to a HU match in the past.

Chief911
04-29-2005, 08:08 PM
Josh Ariah is who he is referring to, IMHO. And its most likely an inside joke.

Nick

B Mando
04-29-2005, 09:15 PM
Yeah...this is probably some sort of inside joke, but this is the gossip section right? lol...it just peaked my interest at the time.

Seahorse
04-30-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah...this is probably some sort of inside joke, but this is the gossip section right? lol...it just peaked my interest at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

piqued not peaked.

alf1380
05-01-2005, 02:27 PM
It is real...it looks like he is feeling froggy.

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/viewtopic.php?t=11498

AceHigh
05-01-2005, 09:00 PM
Anybody have any guesses as to why a high limit pro like Dan N. would take a job in the pokerroom at WYNN's?

Wouldn't a successful high limit pro be giving up a lot of money by taking this job?

B Mando
05-01-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody have any guesses as to why a high limit pro like Dan N. would take a job in the pokerroom at WYNN's?

Wouldn't a successful high limit pro be giving up a lot of money by taking this job?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like mr. phil hellmuth it seems dan n is definitly going down the road of 'selling out' and picked up every decent endorsment oppurtunity possible. I think this is great road for him to take and I dont think its even close. He still has plently of time to play poker and he doesnt need to worry much about grinding it out and making his money AT the poker table. He certainly wont be able to play in the bigger games anymore but I am sure the wynn will eventually get some biggish games.

RydenStoompala
05-02-2005, 08:51 AM
He's very religious, very family-oriented, a health freak and apparently he wants the world to know where to find him for a good game. That and the deal with Wynn fits well with Dan's serious-as-a-heart attack approach to everything. He's even proposing to his girlfriend in his blogs. This aint your average cat.

flair1239
05-02-2005, 09:23 AM
All that hardwork just to end up as a prop player.

magithighs
05-02-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All that hardwork just to end up as a prop player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's funny. But I must admit, I'd take the gig if given the opportunity.
Cheers
Magi