PDA

View Full Version : Time to Face Facts, Yankee Fans

andyfox
04-28-2005, 11:39 PM
It looks like this could be a bad year. I saw something similar to this once before: 1965. After five straight pennants, the team suddenly got old. Mantle, Howard and Maris faded and aside from Ford and Stottlemyre, the pitching collapsed and they finished sixth. When Ford was finished the next year, the team finished in tenth (last) place.

This year looks eerily similar. Posada, Martinez and Giambi look dreadful. Womack is a waste of time. Bernie is sub-par for a center-fielder now. Jeter, A-Rod, Sheffied, and Matsui are fine. But it looks like the team will be hard-pressed to score as many runs as last year.

The pitching looks disastrous. Old: Johnson, Brown, Moose, Rivera and Gordon are veterans who will have more bad stretches than they did in their younger days. It's conceivable that Moose and Brown are finished as quality starters. Pavano looks like he'll be steady, but Wright isnt right. I had my doubts last year too, but Gordon and Rivera saved their lunch; it sure doesn't look like they'll be able to do it this year.

All in all, a mediocre team. I know, they're going through a particularly rough stretch just now, losing thirteen of twenty, but does anybody honestly see this team winning a hundred games again? Ninety?

Dead
04-28-2005, 11:41 PM
I still think that they will win the AL East.

Uglyowl
04-28-2005, 11:42 PM
Eveything you say is true except I don't think the Big Unit is disastarous at least yet. Anyhow, 100 games, NO WAY... maybe 90.

Non_Comformist
04-28-2005, 11:42 PM
Please take your reality and kindly leave! There is no place for your kind in fantasy land.

jdl22
04-28-2005, 11:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many wins do you think that will take?

Dead
04-28-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many wins do you think that will take?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead
04-28-2005, 11:51 PM
Brown pitched well tonight, as I said he would.

But he got no help from the Yankee offense, which sputtered for the second consecutive night.

WHERE IS THE HITTING WITH RISP? 8 hits tonight off Angels pitching, and only ONE [censored] RUN. UNACCEPTABLE.

daryn
04-28-2005, 11:52 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.eurocosm.com/Application/images/Cuckoo-clocks/CCK-01lg.jpg

nothumb
04-28-2005, 11:55 PM
If I was handicapping this I would put their over-under around 82. But I don't do that kind of thing. Just something I was discussing with a friend the other day.

They'll make a move for a good starter, but by the time they get one it may be too late. Honestly what scares me more than them getting a good starter in July is the prospect of Steinbrenner coming back to Planet Earth and investing in some young talent and trading off some veterans for good young players later in this year. If someone actually started managing this team properly, with its resources it could take over the universe.

NT

Dead
04-28-2005, 11:56 PM
Our problem has not been pitching. How many high scoring games have the Yankees lost?

Our problem is OFFENSE. 8 hits tonight, and only 1 run.

youtalkfunny
04-28-2005, 11:59 PM
Is it crazy to consider the idea that teams other than NYY or BOS have a shot at that division? I don't know what BAL or TOR have.

nothumb
04-29-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Our problem has not been pitching. How many high scoring games have the Yankees lost?

[/ QUOTE ]

So having like the worst ERA in the league isn't a problem?

11 of the Yankees' 13 losses have come in games where 8 or more runs were scored. They are 6-11 in such games.

So yeah, pitching is a problem. So is hitting.

NT

Uglyowl
04-29-2005, 12:01 AM
Yankees are still a heavy a favorite to win the World Series. Wonder for how much longer?

daryn
04-29-2005, 12:02 AM
Is it crazy to consider the idea that teams other than NYY or BOS have a shot at that division? I don't know what BAL or TOR have.

[/ QUOTE ]

not crazy at all

Dead
04-29-2005, 12:03 AM
Our pitchers are finally giving us decent outings, and the Yanks offense cannot contribute. I agree with whoever said that our offense is not spaced out well. When our opponent only scores 3 runs, we don't need to put up 15. A lot of our wins have been blowouts.

Yeah, our pitching has been consistent. Yeah, it could be better. But I am more worried about the offense right now. Especially hitting with RISP. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

ThaSaltCracka
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]if by crazy you mean very cool, then yes I agree. Baseball is back BABY!

nothumb
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If B-more's pitching doesn't come back to Earth soon they are going to be really tough. You have to respect the young talent they have assembled. I have always rooted for B-more against anyone but Boston, I might have to change that now.

NT

Uglyowl
04-29-2005, 12:04 AM
Yankees are ranked 24th of 30th in pitching

Yankees are ranked 3rd of 30th in runs scored

I would guess the problem is pitching, but what the hell do I know.

daryn
04-29-2005, 12:07 AM
Yankees are ranked 24th of 30th in pitching

I would guess the problem is pitching, but what the hell do I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've found that you can basically extract the truth from dead by taking the opposite of what he says.

Dead
04-29-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This statistic is useless to apply to the situation, because the Yankees offense has been incredibly inconsistent. When it's ON, it's REALLY on, but when it's OFF, it's just DEAD.

It doesn't matter if the Yankees beat an opponent by 10. It just matters that they beat them.

Dead
04-29-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

i've found that you can basically extract the truth from dead by taking the opposite of what he says.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, you're a cool guy, daryn.

istewart
04-29-2005, 12:14 AM
Dead, the possibility exists that you have jinxed the Yankees /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Non_Comformist
04-29-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dead, the possibility exists that you have jinxed the Yankees /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If so "The Yankees will out in April" did it. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Dead
04-29-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, I hope Boston wins the AL East and the World Series again. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

daryn
04-29-2005, 12:17 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, you're a cool guy, daryn.

[/ QUOTE ]

OH $HIT I GET IT! "LOL"

contentless
04-29-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This statistic is useless to apply to the situation, because the Yankees offense has been incredibly inconsistent. When it's ON, it's REALLY on, but when it's OFF, it's just DEAD.

It doesn't matter if the Yankees beat an opponent by 10. It just matters that they beat them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead, you're the only person that thinks a consistently bad pitching staff is less of a problem than an inconsistently good (or bad) lineup.

In case you're wondering, 'consistently bad' means BAD ALL THE TIME.

Dead
04-29-2005, 12:53 AM
Newsflash:
Giving up 3 earned runs in 9 innings is not bad, especially against a potent Angels lineup. The Yankees should have been able to score at least 3 runs on 9 hits.

contentless
04-29-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Newsflash:
Giving up 3 earned runs in 9 innings is not bad, especially against a potent Angels lineup. The Yankees should have been able to score at least 3 runs on 9 hits.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you don't think the problem lies in the Yanks giving up 5.6 runs a game?

Note: 1 game is not a sample.

pryor15
04-29-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When our opponent only scores 3 runs, we don't need to put up 15. A lot of our wins have been blowouts.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't have any of the info, maybe jack does, but i remember reading somewhere that the yanks had been out-performing their pythagorean (i didn't even get close on that spelling) for a couple of years, basically winning more games than a team w/ their runs scored v. allowed is expected to. a drop in wins is not unlikely in those situations, similar to someone who's BB/100 is unsustainable. don't know if this applies here, but it's something to consider.

they need to win 64% of their remaining games to win 100 and 57% to win 90. i'm thinking they end up somewhere around 92-94, assuming they don't lose another starter.

xadrez
04-29-2005, 09:02 AM
When Steinbrenner started managing the team and excluding Cashman from making the personnel decisions the Yankees were doomed. He proved throughtout the 80's into the beginning of the 90's that he is a complete moron in this department and as a Yankee fan I absolutely hate the moves hes made or pushed through.

I always disliked Clemens, for the most part, hes never pitched well in the playoffs when it counted. Yes, he had 1 or 2 big games in pinstripes but I always felt better when El Duque was on the mound during the 4 in 6 year run.

Sheffield over Guerrero was absolutely retarded as well. Not going after Beltran was a mistake.

Signing Jared Wright over John Lieber (same price) was stupid IMO.

And of course the aqusition of A-Rod, who is simply put a giant vagina and the typical superstar who will never win when it matters.

Randy Johnson, my feeling is hes done but the book is still out on that one.

The Farm System is a total mess. The days of developing guys like Jeter, Rivera, Pettite, Soriano are over due to a frantic gutting to get guys like Esteban Loaiza at the deadline.

etc etc etc

Phat Mack
04-29-2005, 12:08 PM
If this turns into another 1965, will Torre last the season?

tbach24
04-29-2005, 12:26 PM
Randy is old, but still doing well. About a K/IP and the WHIP is about the same. Kevin Brown sucks tho. Mussina too. Pavano isn't that good either. Wright = gross too. So basically they're like RJ's last staff.

The hitting, however, is very good.

Jeter, Sheff, Gay-Rod, Matsui all playing like all-stars.
Giambi hasn't been that bad. Obviously he's not doing as well as in Oakland, but OPS of .8 isn't awful. I suspect he'll bring it up.
The bench has been okay too. Sierra and Sanchez both look good.

The bullpen has been a huge problem too. Gordon is turning it around and if Mariano continues to struggle, should be the closer. Stanton is good too. Everyone else sucks.

That said, I don't think they'll make the playoffs. The staff is atrocious. The bullpen has 2 good arms. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Baltimore win it, but I still would say the Sox because Miller will be back soon and we have a legit offense.

TheJunkyardGod
04-29-2005, 12:37 PM
I'm not incredibly worried about this year. Johnson is showing signs of improvement, Pavano is allright, Moose, well he's either on or off, He just needs to make sure he's on more nights than he's off.

Face it, Browns done. We kinda realized that last year though.

Who knows what's Wrights deal. Maybe he'll come back with a healthy arm and have a great year. But for right now we have to see what this Wang guy can do.

As for our bullpen...yeah. Tom Gordon is a waste of time, the rest are decent, at best. Rivera will be fine this year.

I'm not worried about our hitting too much either. Matsui has been slumping, but he'll get out of that and be amazing. Alex Rodriguez needs to get his head out of his ass and become A-rod again. I'm really liking this Andy Phillips kid as well too. We just need to work on our consistency and we'll be fine.

Also, don't forget about the trade deadline, i'm sure we'll make a season saving move there. (Clemens??)

And screw it, I grew up with an awful yankees team. I can deal with it again if it happens.

tbach24
04-29-2005, 12:43 PM
Calling Gordon a waste of time is stupid. He's definetly on the rebound. Stanton is the only one who's been very good, but I am positive that Gordon is turning it around.

Jack of Arcades
04-29-2005, 12:52 PM
New York's outperformed their Pythag ever year since 1997, to the tune of 5.29 runs/year... including 12 games last year! That's the largest differential I've seen and probably indicates that the Yanks lost a lot of 10-0 games but won a lot of 3-2 ones.

An Explanation of Pythagorean Record (http://www.baseball-reference.com/about/faq.shtml#pyth)

Pocket Trips
04-29-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Randy is old, but still doing well. About a K/IP and the WHIP is about the same. Kevin Brown sucks tho. Mussina too. Pavano isn't that good either. Wright = gross too. So basically they're like RJ's last staff.

The hitting, however, is very good.

Jeter, Sheff, Gay-Rod, Matsui all playing like all-stars.
Giambi hasn't been that bad. Obviously he's not doing as well as in Oakland, but OPS of .8 isn't awful. I suspect he'll bring it up.
The bench has been okay too. Sierra and Sanchez both look good.

The bullpen has been a huge problem too. Gordon is turning it around and if Mariano continues to struggle, should be the closer. Stanton is good too. Everyone else sucks.

That said, I don't think they'll make the playoffs. The staff is atrocious. The bullpen has 2 good arms. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Baltimore win it, but I still would say the Sox because Miller will be back soon and we have a legit offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

In case you guys don't own a calendar

ITS APRIL FRIGGEN 29TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

before you go around declaring the yankees dead don't you think you should wait till they go through the league at least once?

Except for 2 games against TB they have played all quality teams that can expect to finish within 5-10 games of .500

In May they have 20 games against .500 or worse teams like TB, Detroit, Oakland and seattle which they should dominate.

Yes the yanks are off to a bad start. Yes they should be playing better, but its only April people.

The yankee Schedule is incredibly front-loaded with good teams. By the all-star break things will be back to normal. The yanks and red sox will battle it out for the tirle but the jays and orioles also improved this year so it will not be a run-away like past seasons.. It will not take 100 games to win this division.. it may not even take 95...

mostsmooth
04-29-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Brown pitched well tonight, as I said he would.

[/ QUOTE ]
ive said it before and ill say it again, if brown wins 5 games this season it will be a miracle

Jack of Arcades
04-29-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I always disliked Clemens, for the most part, hes never pitched well in the playoffs when it counted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rocket pitched 100 post-season innings with the Yankees for a 3.24 ERA.

Rocket pitched 36 World Series innings with the Yankees for a 1.5 ERA.

[ QUOTE ]
And of course the aqusition of A-Rod, who is simply put a giant vagina and the typical superstar who will never win when it matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

2004 ALCS, A-Rod: .258/.378/.516; Derek Jeter: .200/.333/.233. Go, Captain Clutch.

[ QUOTE ]
The Farm System is a total mess. The days of developing guys like Jeter, Rivera, Pettite, Soriano are over due to a frantic gutting to get guys like Esteban Loaiza at the deadline.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, all those great prospects you guys traded away have come to bite you in the ass. Guys like Juan Rivera, D'Angelo Jimenez, and Erick Almonte have become true superstars.

Jack of Arcades
04-29-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Except for 2 games against TB they have played all quality teams that can expect to finish within 5-10 games of .500

In May they have 20 games against .500 or worse teams like TB, Detroit, Oakland and seattle which they should dominate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Err... Oakland and Seattle can be reasonably expected to finish within 5-10 games of .500, too ya know.

mostsmooth
04-29-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

2004 ALCS, A-Rod: .258/.378/.516; Derek Jeter: .200/.333/.233. Go, Captain Clutch.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is overall stats or just late innings? or risp? im assuming these arent stats during clutch situations?
wait a second, i thought there was no such thing as clutch ?

Bulldog
04-29-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I was handicapping this I would put their over-under around 82.

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost never bet on sports and I hate the Yankees.

I'll put $1,000 on the over. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jack of Arcades
04-29-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this is overall stats or just late innings? or risp? im assuming these arent stats during clutch situations?

[/ QUOTE ]

once again, you argue about what "clutch" is and eventually gets down to about 3 or 4 at bats per season.

Dead
04-29-2005, 04:09 PM
Jeter is clutch, and I'm not looking at the stats.

When it's game 7 of the World Series at Yankee Stadium, bottom of the ninth, 2 outs, runners at second and third, with the NL champs leading by 1, there is no one I would rather have at the plate than Jeter.

Pocket Trips
04-29-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

When it's game 7 of the World Series at Yankee Stadium, bottom of the ninth, 2 outs, runners at second and third, with the NL champs leading by 1, there is no one I would rather have at the plate than Jeter.

[/ QUOTE ]

please just stop before it's too late and this turns into another "clutch" arguement

kem
04-29-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about David Ortiz?

Or, as Senator Kerry calls him, Manny Ortez.

tbach24
04-29-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about David Ortiz?

Or, as Senator Kerry calls him, Manny Ortez.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I don't see why people aren't parading all around calling Ortiz clutch when he clutchgitimized the Yankees last playoff sesaon.

asb165
04-29-2005, 05:28 PM
Read this (http://www.aarongleeman.com/2003_10_26_baseballblog_archive.html#1067320995863 22001) and tell me that Jeter's clutch.

Jake (The Snake)
04-29-2005, 06:05 PM
I can't wait for 2 months from now when the yankees are scorching and everyone's like "Of course the yankees are winning!"

Yes, we're old.

But this team is simply too good not to make the playoffs, sorry.

Anybody who thinks Randy, Pavano, or Moose is done or not good is crazy. Moose was on fire the 2nd half of last season and in the playoffs. Did he get old in 5 months? Randy is pitching fine and so is Pavano.

Brown sucks, I'll admit that. He could be done. If Wright stays healthy he should be ok.

Take a look at the Yanks runs for and against so far this season... they are doing fine they just need to be consistent every night, which will come with time.

Uston
04-29-2005, 06:10 PM
Congratulations. You make Dead look like a rational Yankee fan.

tbach24
04-29-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations. You make Dead look like a rational Yankee fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

James282
04-29-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather have Barry Bonds.
-James

mostsmooth
04-29-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

once again, you argue about what "clutch" is and eventually gets down to about 3 or 4 at bats per season.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, so i was wondering why you used the term

tbach24
04-29-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, so i was wondering why you used the term

[/ QUOTE ]

A joke I would bet

Jack of Arcades
04-29-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Take a look at the Yanks runs for and against so far this season...

[/ QUOTE ]

119-124. So they're allowing more runs than they're scoring. That's not a formula for being okay.

masse75
04-29-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

When it's game 7 of the World Series at Yankee Stadium, bottom of the ninth, 2 outs, runners at second and third, with the NL champs leading by 1, there is no one I would rather have at the plate than Reggie Jackson.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Dead
04-29-2005, 06:45 PM
Sorry, I was discounting juiced players.

mmbt0ne
04-29-2005, 06:48 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me you're posting this as a joke. A Yankee's fan with an aversion to steroids?!

tbach24
04-29-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you = st00pid, do you see why?

Dead
04-29-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me you're posting this as a joke. A Yankee's fan with an aversion to steroids?!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can't see that this was a joke then you need your head examined.

Dead
04-29-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And you = f*** up. Your point?

tbach24
04-29-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And you = f*** up. Your point?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead, you are an irrational fan, who is probably not good at anything besides being a GBF. Oh and excessive posting on forums. Oh and pissing people off. Probably other not-good things too.

DeezNuts
04-29-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Read this and tell me that Jeter's clutch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't bring facts into his emotional, irrational arguments!

DN

TeeJayORTj
04-29-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Take a look at the Yanks runs for and against so far this season...

[/ QUOTE ]

119-124. So they're allowing more runs than they're scoring. That's not a formula for being okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah if they keep up that rate there expected record would be 78 and 84. So I do not think the RS and RA looks all too good right now.

They need pitching BAD once again.

Dead
04-29-2005, 07:19 PM
The Yankees will win 100 games this season. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

pshreck
04-29-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Yankees will win 100 games this season. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm... wanna do another avatar bet?

Dead
04-29-2005, 07:24 PM
No.

I forgot what the first one was for already.

I hope it's for something good.

pshreck
04-29-2005, 07:28 PM
Hahahahhaha....

Randy Johnson getting 20 wins...

Its about as likely as the Yankees winning 100 games. I cant wait to make your avatar for 2 weeks.

tbach24
04-29-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hahahahhaha....

Randy Johnson getting 20 wins...

Its about as likely as the Yankees winning 100 games. I cant wait to make your avatar for 2 weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

since you love tourneys so much, you should have one to decide /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pshreck
04-29-2005, 07:40 PM
I really dont know how this has anything to do with a tournament.

You mean a poll?

No way a majority would say RJ wins 20 or the Yankees win 100, so it would be just another waste of time.

tbach24
04-29-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You mean a poll?

No way a majority would say RJ wins 20 or the Yankees win 100, so it would be just another waste of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a joke because you hate tourneys. My suggestion is that you gather a bunch of ideas for Dead's avatar once RJ doesnt win 20, and then make a tourney out of it. Just a joke though and I agree about RJ and the Yankees.

pshreck
04-29-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You mean a poll?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a joke because you hate tourneys. My suggestion is that you gather a bunch of ideas for Dead's avatar once RJ doesnt win 20, and then make a tourney out of it. Just a joke though and I agree about RJ and the Yankees.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see what your saying, but I am way ahead of you.

Towards the end of the season when its more official RJ aint winning 20, I will do some sort of fun thing for OOT where people nominate avatars and location, then there will be a vote on it. Should be fun.

sublime
04-29-2005, 07:46 PM

boston is the favorite. and will be. betetr team that has more ammo to reload with. dont let these injuries fool you.

DougOzzzz
04-30-2005, 08:29 AM
If one were to assume that the Yankees were "supposed" to be a .600 team this year (a reasonable assumption, given their recent W-L records), given a 9-14 starting record their "expected" final W-L record goes from 97.2-64.8 to 88.3-73.7.

In other words, they've "dropped" 4.8 games simply by not winning 60% so far, and another 4 games or so from expected future performance.

That said things haven't been so bad so far. They've only been outscored by a few runs, so their pythagorean record is better than their actual record. Early in the season, after the 4-8 start, their pythagorean record was worse than their actual record. With 4 of their next 5 wins coming by margins of 8 or more runs it's easy to see how they've "improved". I believe the huge standard deviation in runs scored is mostly bad luck and eventually we'll see them win more games by scores of 7-5, 6-3, etc.

But I do agree with the statement that Yankees fans should probably start worrying. From the few I know, they aren't - but they should be.

andyfox
05-01-2005, 11:14 PM
To me, it's silly to think of the Yankees winning the AL east. It's time to fact facts. Even though they've scored a reasonable number of runs, they're doing it with just af ew people contributing. They don't have a first baseman or a center fielder who can hit. With Matsui slumping, and Posada apparently not the hitter he was, who do they have? Jeter, Sheffield and A-Rod. Period. The line-up is cluttered with too many losers: Bernie, Giambi, Womack, Posada, Phillips, Martinez.

The pitching is simply atrocious.

The team has lost 15 of their last 23. So they haven't been mediocre, they've been terrible.

34TheTruth34
05-02-2005, 01:15 AM
Watching all these Yankees fans going crazy is funny. Settle down, guys. They're doing their early season thing where they don't look so good and don't win so many games just like they do every year. That 20-game stretch where they go 17-3 and take over the division is right around the corner.

Normally I think Dead is a retard, but he's right that there's just too much talent on this team to not make the playoffs. Just like the Red Sox, right now they're not getting both pitching and hitting at the same time. But when they do, and they will, it's their division for the taking.

And to the people who think Baltimore can win the division, PLEASE_STOP.

HesseJam
05-02-2005, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

And to the people who think Baltimore can win the division, PLEASE_STOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will keep that in my archives and repost it 9/30/2005. Probably it will already be good for a laugh on 9/15/2005.