PDA

View Full Version : Did I play any street right?

lastcoyote
04-28-2005, 11:14 PM
Very loose, passive table. BB and MP3 are both 65/5 types and neither is overly aggressive post. SB is 39/7/1. I'm watching the Apprentice while playing so my reads are virtually non-existant.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Raise to open OK here? Should I have capped?

Flop: (12 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Should I be betting or raising with all of these outs (dirty as some of them may be).

Turn: (8 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

I was thinking of leading out here now that I caught a 4-flush but BB's unexpected bet threw me for a loop.

River: (14 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

OK, now I've caught one of my outs but I don't feel spectacular about it. I was planning on folding if it was 2 back to me.

Final Pot: 17 BB

mr pink
04-28-2005, 11:39 PM
i don't think i'd do anything different

CallMeIshmael
04-28-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

brettbrettr
04-28-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tytygoodnuts
04-28-2005, 11:48 PM
As awkward as you must have felt, I think you played it well. I would limp preflop, but that is no biggie.

CallMeIshmael
04-28-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would limp preflop, but that is no biggie.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the limits we play, this seems to be the exact hand (KJs UTG) that has a lot of players on both sides of the raising/calling coin.

Which probably means there is about 0 EV difference between the two.

lastcoyote
04-28-2005, 11:55 PM
Yeah it was a weird one. I'm glad to hear I played it right.

BTW:

BB has 6d 6s (two pair, nines and sixes).
Hero has Jc Kc (two pair, kings and nines).
MP3 has Tc Js (two pair, tens and nines).
Outcome: Hero wins 17 BB.

oreogod
04-29-2005, 12:06 AM
I find a lot of ppl (like the BB) will call the flop and bet the turn with smaller pocket pairs, it almost seems like they are afraid to give any sort of free card that could beat them.

With MP3 type player I think all u are looking at is top pair as far as outs I think u at least have 7.5-8.5 outs. Sometimes I raise a flop like this, as I think u have equity, depends on my read of MP3 though.

As far as his turn raise, doesnt change much in my eyes. Usually against a typical opponent if they raise or re-raise the turn Im usually worried as it means they can beat quite a few hands (the only times Im worried is if they cold call or called my PF raise, call the flop then check raise the field on the turn...then u are usually beat), but against players like this, folding is wrong, especially since u picked up a flush draw as well.

mr pink
04-29-2005, 12:07 AM
nice hand.