PDA

View Full Version : tourneys in Toronto area

sngplayer
04-28-2005, 10:59 PM
Hello

Recently I found out that a restaurant near Hamilton runs a weekly hold-em tournament. Is there anyone out there who knows of other regular tourneys in the Toronto area?

Thanks

Handsome Rags
04-29-2005, 02:15 AM
Check out pokerpoker.ca for info about canadian events. it's mostly about content from the ottawa area but you might find more games in your area by looking here.

sngplayer
05-04-2005, 02:01 AM
Thanks Rags

Found one this weekend, $60 buy in, $30 rebuys for first hour, unlimited, $30 add - on. First place took $4760 and... I finished 2nd!! Am I bit by the bug? Maybe...

Anyway, I wonder of the 20% rake is too much - one other respondent said it is. Anyone else who cares to weigh in on Toronto area tourneys, it would be welcome.

One more thing - the organizer was sitting next to our table when her pager went off.... someone said something to her and she repleid 'No, it's not a raid'.

Anyone know how often these Canadian tourney get raided and what happens when they do?

TruePoker CEO
05-04-2005, 02:19 AM
Thanks. (I would be VERY interested in learning more about tournaments in Toronto.)

Truepoker CEO

Gamblor
05-04-2005, 03:54 AM
congrats on your Training Room 2nd place finish, i suggest a serious poker player stay away from them. the rake is far too high, the stacks are far too short, and the skill level is similar to a 20ish sng on stars.

that is, not worth your time.

20% rake is absolutely ridiculous, and given that the prize pools are so top-heavy (50ish% to first, 50-80 runners), it's a total crapshoot.

that said, i can let you know of a half dozen or so, ranging from $500 buyins to %200+$100+$100 to $60+30+30 buyins)

i'd much rather you pm me.