PDA

View Full Version : Day of the Tentacle

pshreck
04-28-2005, 10:24 PM
Who here played this game back in the day?

It honestly feels like they just don't make adventure games like this anymore.

Eihli
04-28-2005, 10:34 PM
man i didn't play that, but i played maniac mansion. that was /is one of my favorite games of all time. never did beat it though. got to the garage and found the meteor in trunk, didn't know what to do past that though. anyone want to tell me how the story ends?

Dr. Strangelove
04-28-2005, 10:37 PM
Oh man, this game rocks, it came with my computer in the early '90s, I beat it, then beat two of the three paths on Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis. I love these kind of games.

daryn
04-28-2005, 11:06 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
man i didn't play that, but i played maniac mansion. that was /is one of my favorite games of all time. never did beat it though. got to the garage and found the meteor in trunk, didn't know what to do past that though. anyone want to tell me how the story ends?

[/ QUOTE ]

i know i beat this. i vaguely remember sending the meteor into outer space in the edsel. hmm... think man think... something about weird ed also.

astroglide
04-29-2005, 12:32 AM
ridiculously good game. runaway was supposed to be a good adventure game of recent years and it should be cheap by now.

http://people.freenet.de/lucasfangames/maniac/games_eng.htm

there are freeware maniac mansion/zak games

zak mckracken and the alien mindbenders is INSANELY good, i liked it better than maniac mansion

monkey island 1 &amp; 2 are true classics as well

Lawrence Ng
04-29-2005, 02:29 AM
DOTT sucked a lot of my time and is one of my favorite LucasArts adventure games.

I also liked Sam &amp; Max, Maniac Mansion, Full Throttle, the Monkey Island series, Grim Fandango...

Lawrence

PoBoy321
04-29-2005, 02:34 AM
The LucasArts adventure games are probably the best video games ever made.

I've played the entire Monkey Island series, DOTT, maniac mansion, The Dig, Indiana Jones and the fate of atlantis, I'm sure I've played a lot more, I just can't think of any off the top of my head.

Lawrence Ng
04-29-2005, 05:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

http://people.freenet.de/lucasfangames/maniac/games_eng.htm

there are freeware maniac mansion/zak games

[/ QUOTE ]

Glide,

Thank you very much for this link.

Lawrence

shant
04-29-2005, 05:37 AM
[censored] excellent game. Wish I could play it right now.