PDA

View Full Version : KJs, checkraised river and folded to 3-bet

balkii
04-28-2005, 09:33 PM
10/20 6 handed

LAGish UTG limps, I raise K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif from the SB, he calls HU.

flop 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet he call

turn 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet he raise, I call

river K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check without really thinking (i think i should bet here), he bets, I now think and checkraise, he 3-bets, I think for a second and fold.

1) does anything think the cehckraise is superior to just leading the river?
2) fold to 3-bet look okay? i dont htink i've ever done taht.

Lmn55d
04-28-2005, 09:38 PM
I think you should definitely lead the river. A lot of players will put you squarely on AK and check through on the river with hands that they would call a bet with. Considering you checkraised, I think folding to the 3bet is the right play, though I can imagine me calling in the heat of battle. I'm pretty sure it should be a fold against an unknown.

SomethingClever
04-28-2005, 09:39 PM
Dave, this is an unusual hand for you.

Easy river bet and call a raise. I wouldn't checkraise, because even though he's a LAG, he'll check behind sometimes when you're ahead, and he'll 3-bet when he's crushing you.

balkii
04-28-2005, 09:40 PM
yes i just acted without really thinking at first on the river, normally i just bet/call. however once i checked, I decided i could gain some value by cehckraising. once he 3-bet, i just kinda figured, that sucks.

imitation
04-28-2005, 10:04 PM
Heh call this is a common bluff at 10/20 the CR A/K on the river, the LAG will 3-bet with mid pairs or A-high himself. Big lay downs on the river seem the new trend in posting here, I am generally disgusted by them.

Nikla
04-28-2005, 10:18 PM
I get in line after all the people who say lead river and call a raise. When you checkraise I'd call. I want to see that K9 or lone 3. Board looks extremely good for a king.

Alobar
04-29-2005, 01:28 AM
lead the river, but you already know this. If raised, call.
The line you took, I prolly call his c/r, just cuz hes LAGish.