PDA

View Full Version : Preflop decision, what do you do and why?

Zygote
04-28-2005, 08:52 PM
No reads, although, they seemed a little aggressive.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero folds, SB calls.

Chobohoya
04-28-2005, 09:06 PM
Fold. You fold because it's capped back to you.

Alobar
04-28-2005, 09:27 PM
I like folding here less because I opened on the button. But to me its still a fold, without a good read otherwise.

Your Mom
04-28-2005, 11:25 PM
This is not a fold 4 handed. You easily can be up against an ace and a pair or two underpairs or KJ or QJ or all kinds of things. Plus, you have position. I call here everytime.

Alobar
04-29-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is not a fold 4 handed. You easily can be up against an ace and a pair or two underpairs or KJ or QJ or all kinds of things. Plus, you have position. I call here everytime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless the BB is bad, he has at least TT or AK. And if you are against 2 underpairs you arent going to get any action if your broadways flop. But if you do flop a pair you could easily be dominated, so you are stuck calling down, The risk of being dominated is just to bad, you are in prime position to lose alot, or win a little.

mperich
04-29-2005, 04:25 AM
I call here getting 5-1. True BB most likely has you dominated but if I were him I probably cap AJ+ and 99+, especially 4 handed. SB could have any pair, maybe any ace in a 4handed game, and maybe qj or better, so he is not a huge risk of dominating you. You have the button, and good pot odds, plus its easy to get away if you fit or fold. This is made an even easier call if you think you have an edge postflop over your opponents.

-Mike

stigmata
04-29-2005, 05:11 AM
I think this is situational.... This has happened to me a number of times were both SB and BB have clicked there "raise any" button (i.e. "You've stolen my blind once to many times punk, I'm stealing it back"). In that case I would be more inclined to call.

Your Mom
04-29-2005, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless the BB is bad, he has at least TT or AK. And if you are against 2 underpairs you arent going to get any action if your broadways flop. But if you do flop a pair you could easily be dominated, so you are stuck calling down, The risk of being dominated is just to bad, you are in prime position to lose alot, or win a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think we can disagree more. If one of your cards flop, you will most likely still get paid off. There's no way the capper has to have at least TT or AK. 4 handed, a lot of players' standards preflop drop a lot.