PDA

View Full Version : Analysis Help for QQ

LordBP
04-28-2005, 07:18 PM
Hello all this is my first post here at 2+2.

This was played at Pacific and I don't know how to get hand history written out from them so I wrote it myself.

Pacific Poker 10 Max 10 Seated $.50 Big Blind

UTG Folds
UTG+1 Folds
Hero holds Qs Qc raises to $4 <font color="blue"> ($30.30) </font>
MP Fold
MP Fold
LP Calls <font color="blue"> ($8.85) </font>
CO Folds
Button Folds
SB Calls <font color="blue"> ($55.33) <font color="white"> </font> </font>
BB Folds

So 3 to the flop.

Flop Comes - Pot size $12

Ks 6s 2h
SB Checks, Hero Bets $3, LP Folds, SB Calls.

Turn - Pot size $17 something
2s
SB Checks, Hero Checks.

River
5s
SB bets $5.50, Hero Calls.

Results in White Below

<font color="white"> SB Shows Js,Jd (K High Flush) - J Kicker
Hero shows QsQc (K High Flush) - Q Kicker </font>

This was one of my first few hands at the table so I didn't have any reads.
How was PF Raise too much or too little? Should I have bet more on the flop? Bet the turn? Reraise the River?

DrPublo
04-28-2005, 07:21 PM
Did you raise to 8x the BB? If the blind is $0.50 you should raise to $2 or $2.5, $4 is too much unless you are routinely getting 5-6 callers at 5x the BB.

Also you MUST bet more on the flop, or check. $3 is pathetic. If you don't want to get bluff raised on the turn, I prefer checking the flop through but that requires a trickier, aggressive opponent. Bet $10 on the flop instead.

The Doc

LordBP
04-28-2005, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the reply. I only bet 8x BB because from my experience on Pacific 4-5 people might/probably would call 4x BB.

hukilai
04-28-2005, 08:21 PM
I would read AA/KK or a good King here and fold to a river bet. But I do not know how bad Pacific players.

I would not raise 8x in first place, but it is just me.

TrailofTears
04-28-2005, 08:33 PM
I agree with what Doc said, but I just wanted to point out that this is a very nice home-made hand post. Thanks for taking the time to make it look nice.

-Trail

theben
04-28-2005, 10:45 PM
under general conditions: your preflop raise was way to big with no limpers in the pot.

under pacific poker conditions: its probably a fine bet. i have played at pacific poker and people there are terrible. they'll call 10xbb opening bets with any 2 cards. pacific poker NL tables arent real poker. if you play there too long, you'll forget how to actually play the game

flop play: against normal players, such a weak flop bet will probably get you raised off your hand regardless of the cards your opponents hold. thats a very weak bet. if you raise preflop, you should frequently bet between 2/3 to 1x the pot if you plan on making a bet. (not all cases tho, but often)

at pacific poker, i am not sure. those players really stink so i do not know what to say. i probably would have checked the flop or bet about 8-9 bucks