PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with those last few chips?

jacks321
04-28-2005, 06:56 PM
After taking a bad beat early in a 20+2 SNG, I found myself with 40 chips with 10 players remaining, blinds at 15/30. When you find yourself in this situation is it worth it to try to fight your way back or is it more EV+ just to let it go and bleed off the last your chips to start a new SNG?

mlee
04-28-2005, 07:00 PM
I have seen people comeback from this before. I would just start another game and keep folding until I either get a hand to push with or get blinded out.

zaphod
04-28-2005, 07:08 PM
I panic.
Usually i double up a few times, and then loose anyway when i start thinking there is hope...

Tilt
04-28-2005, 07:44 PM
I try and stick them in with the first suited connector, AXs, or pp i see. If you spike a hand in a multiway pot you can come back. I made it back from 60 chips in a 10 last weekend when I hit a miracle straight in 7 way pot and then came back from there.

raptor517
04-28-2005, 07:52 PM
i have come back and monied from less that 50 chips 3 times now. dont give up. holla

johnnybeef
04-28-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i have come back and monied from less that 50 chips 3 times now. dont give up. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, so have i, buuuuuut, it is a rarity. is it rare enough that it trying hurts your hourly rate?

microbet
04-28-2005, 08:18 PM
So fun though. I often start talking sh*t at the table.

Tilt
04-28-2005, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, so have i, buuuuuut, it is a rarity. is it rare enough that it trying hurts your hourly rate?

[/ QUOTE ]

I takes no thought time or energy to play the last 40 chips. Just load up a new SNG while you wait for the hand that makes you feel lucky.

ewing55
04-28-2005, 10:53 PM
I always feel I am so far behind and I need a lot of chips fast to have a prayer that I push as soon as I see at least 4 players in the pot. I don't care what I have, I only look at pot size. I mean, if I'm looking for a miracle I might as well look for a big miracle!

But then... I'm just a rookie, I could be wrong.

--------------Jeff

ripped
04-28-2005, 11:20 PM
I took a badbeat 1 tournament and had 25 chips left. I ended up winning the whole thing. Never give up and try and get in to a multiway pot so you get max if you win.

dfscott
04-29-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I takes no thought time or energy to play the last 40 chips. Just load up a new SNG while you wait for the hand that makes you feel lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

My problem with this strategy is that already play 4 tables (on one site). I guess I could crank up Party and open up a table there, but it seems like a pain to try and run 5 tables, 2 sites, and one monitor. I'd rather just push any two and move on (I guess I'm impatient).

John Hurst
04-29-2005, 01:12 AM
I think this is a good opportunity to practice short stack poker and try to win. I see the merits in moving on but I think the learning experience is valuable.