PDA

View Full Version : QQ With an Ace on the Flop (2/4 UB)

robokop
04-28-2005, 04:30 PM
This is a pretty common situation, and I'm not very confident that I've been handling it corrctly. Is my line ok here, or is it too weak?

No real reads on opponents, I just sat down. All seem fairly typical for the UB game.

Ultimate Bet 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO folds, Button folds.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, Hero folds.

River: (8.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2 (All-In)</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

RunDownHouse
04-28-2005, 04:53 PM
Oh boy. With BB donkbetting and almost all-in, I raise and then either bet at MP again or check behind, depending on my read of him.

The donkbet is practically never trustworthy in the first place; when it comes from a shortstack, I give it just about zero credibility. MP's flat call looks weak as well, but value betting the river would be pretty player dependent.

imported_CaseClosed326
04-28-2005, 05:03 PM
This is no donk bet. Hero check folded. That is extremly weak tight. Bet the turn 100% of the time.

RunDownHouse
04-28-2005, 05:21 PM
Oh wow, I missed that. That makes it much worse.

Link for you! (http://www.esteelauder.com/index.tmpl?ngextredir=1)

Grisgra
04-28-2005, 05:27 PM
If BB wasn't almost all-in, I wouldn't have much problem with this, to be honest. When I raise pf and get two callers postflop after an ace hits, I'm behind 75%+ of the time. BB is probably just calling with nothing because, well, he's running low, so I'd keep up the pressure, but I've been surprised lately at how often I'll raise pf, get callers, check/fold the turn like a little girl, and then see that not just one but two of the callers had (weak) aces.

More applicable to when you raise UTG or UTG+1 and you get coldcallers than to open-limpers and BB's calling you, of course -- so folding here does kind of suck -- but I think that learning to check/fold those big pockets on the turn in situations *similar* to this can be +EV.