PDA

View Full Version : The Seattle Supersonics

ripdog
04-28-2005, 01:37 PM
Suck. They might get by the Kings, but better teams will be able to overcome any big lead that the Sonics manage to build.
I could see it coming when the Sonics started playing stall ball with 10.5 minutes left in the 4th quarter versus the Kings on Tuesday and didn't start playing basketball again until the Kings chopped the lead to single digits. The Sonics lose to any second round opponent due to lack of killer instinct and a coach who puts up with this deficiency.

bernie
04-28-2005, 05:34 PM
What Seattle team doesn't suck?

b

ThaSaltCracka
04-28-2005, 05:52 PM
yeah, they suck so much that they were only able to win 52 games this year. Your whole analysis of them is based upon your ridiculous opinion that they lack a "killer instinct", which is completely silly. Use some stats please. Such as, during the 4 regular season games against Sacramento, the sonics scored (on average) 11 more PPG than they did against the rest of the league. Against San Antonio, Seattle averaged three points less than they did against the rest of the league. The reason, well San Antonio is just such a sick team, its that simple. But the Sonics are a pretty good team.

wayabvpar
04-28-2005, 06:44 PM
Cracka, you would do better to be bangin' Kris Benson's wife...

The Soops have a shot against any team on any given night. The only team that I think they really have a problem with in the West is San Antonio (and maybe Denver, just because they have been so hot).

Eurotrash
04-28-2005, 06:49 PM
I had the brew she had the chronic, the Lakers beat the Supersonics /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Phoenix1010
04-28-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Suck. They might get by the Kings, but better teams will be able to overcome any big lead that the Sonics manage to build.
I could see it coming when the Sonics started playing stall ball with 10.5 minutes left in the 4th quarter versus the Kings on Tuesday and didn't start playing basketball again until the Kings chopped the lead to single digits. The Sonics lose to any second round opponent due to lack of killer instinct and a coach who puts up with this deficiency.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the sentiments of this post. Winning basketball is about more than just talent. Discipline and heart are the two factors that will get you as far as you can go, and it starts with the coach and the team captain. That's why teams like Indiana and Houston are overachieving right now, they've got players and coaches who are instilling that sense of urgency and lighting a fire under their teammates. Ray Allen has always been criticized as not having the competetive spirit to match his enormous talent, and I really don't think that has changed much over the years. The Sonics have enough skill to coast by the Kings, but they don't have the heart (or talent) to hang with the Spurs or Suns. If the Nuggets win round 1 though, the Sonics could give them a run for their money if they heat up from outside.

The Yugoslavian
04-28-2005, 07:03 PM
Yeah...it's not that Seattle is all that great. The Kings just are playing that badly right now.

Without Radmonovic (for *obvious* reasons) and the fact I look like Peja, I wouldn't even want to watch any of this series...neither team inspires....well, anything - and they're not very entertaining (comparatively).

Yugoslav

GrekeHaus
04-28-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Without Radmonovic (for *obvious* reasons) and the fact I look like Peja, I wouldn't even want to watch any of this series.

[/ QUOTE ]

This needs to be posted.
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/WAKA11004270433.jpeg

Edit: I have no idea why the image tag isn't working. link (http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/WAKA11004270433.jpeg)

kerssens
04-28-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Without Radmonovic (for *obvious* reasons) and the fact I look like Peja, I wouldn't even want to watch any of this series.

[/ QUOTE ]

This needs to be posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't see it but I'm guess its Radman and his new hair??

GrekeHaus
04-28-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This needs to be posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't see it but I'm guess its Radman and his new hair??

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is that the image tag doesn't like images ending with .jpeg. I just added a link.

ThaSaltCracka
04-28-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cracka, you would do better to be bangin' Kris Benson's wife...

The Soops have a shot against any team on any given night. The only team that I think they really have a problem with in the West is San Antonio (and maybe Denver, just because they have been so hot).

[/ QUOTE ]I think they fare better against San Antonio then Denver