04-28-2005, 12:52 PM
1/2$, the river raiser in this is kinda agressive
hero has K J in the button

fold,fold,co limps, i raise,BB calls, Co calls

FLOP: A ,7 J
check to me,i bet they call

TURN:5
checked to me,i bet ,BB calls,MP crs (allin for 3),i call ,BB calls

ok i dont think much of what allins do,so should i have reraised him here to try to knock out the BB?

RIVER:K
BB bets, i raise,he reraises,i fold

should i have just called his river bet? would an average agressive bet a lone k here? would he call with a lone k after i reraise on trhis board?

i think the river raise was a waste here,not many hands he makes that will call my raise but plenty that beat me,

krishanleong
04-28-2005, 12:58 PM
Can we not fold two pair on the river in a big pot for 1 bet? I don't care what line you use to do it.

Krishan

Noodles
04-28-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can we not fold two pair on the river in a big pot for 1 bet? I don't care what line you use to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont get "ca nwe not" ,you mean "we can not " fold 2 pair " in this pot,

so you say i should have seen his river 3 bet?

Cleveland Guy
04-28-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - wether or not to raise is kinda player dependent. But calling here is automatic.

You will lose your fair share - but you will see K7, J7, AQ often enough to merit calling.

RunDownHouse
04-28-2005, 01:11 PM
Good lord, if you never fold this, ever, you'll be doing ok.

Girchuck
04-28-2005, 01:22 PM
On what hands do you put BB after he re-raises you on the river?
On the turn, you had an option to re-raise the all-in and you didn't do it. To the BB it screams weakness. You are weak on the turn, ofcourse, because you cannot beat any ace.
Now lets say BB has a small ace and you just broadcasted to him that you do not have an ace. What is he supposed to do?

Noodles
04-28-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Against these players, I think you can make a play based on the board and your hand. I'd be more inclined to do it (when you hit a piece obviously) when you have an A, or when there's a board you think may have missed the other guy, either raggy, or with one high rank card--if he doesn't have that one high rank card, he'll fear you do and be more inclined to give up.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea makes sense,bad fold allright,
so raising the turn may have stopped all this right?

krishanleong
04-28-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a ? mark at the end. That's why the words were phrased the way they were. No you can't see river 3-bets. But if calling a 3-bet makes you sick, just call the river. Raising the river and calling a 3-bet I think is pretty clearly the best line.

Krishan

Girchuck
04-28-2005, 01:31 PM
Well, if BB really does have a small A, raising the turn gains you nothing. He will call and he will win.
But on the river you have improved. Probably enough to beat an aggressor with a small A or a KQ