PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Oil in Iraq???

KaneKungFu123
04-28-2005, 12:49 PM
Im jsut curious. There is alot of oil in Iraq. The USA is now in control of that country. Arent we in control of that oil? Who owns that oil? Whose property is it? how much oil is pumped? who is it sold to? who gets the money? why isnt oil in USA half price after we spent billions and billions of dollars obtaining it? why do we have such a huge debt when we own all that oil?

wtf is going on here? are just the guys on top gonna keep the oil for themselves?

KaneKungFu123
04-28-2005, 12:51 PM
i also want to say that i am not being sarcastic. i think the us should be reimbursed for war time costs. i think that oil is now our oil and while it should be used to rebuild iraq, it is not just the iraqi people's oil: they have a "we freed you and spent billions doing it" bill to pay.

ps: i thought conservatives were against massive government spending... is bush just the biggest dumb [censored] to walk the planet?

[ QUOTE ]
Im jsut curious. There is alot of oil in Iraq. The USA is now in control of that country. Arent we in control of that oil? Who owns that oil? Whose property is it? how much oil is pumped? who is it sold to? who gets the money? why isnt oil in USA half price after we spent billions and billions of dollars obtaining it? why do we have such a huge debt when we own all that oil?

wtf is going on here? are just the guys on top gonna keep the oil for themselves?

[/ QUOTE ]

Misfire
04-28-2005, 01:08 PM
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=politics

eastbay
04-28-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im jsut curious. There is alot of oil in Iraq. The USA is now in control of that country. Arent we in control of that oil?

[/ QUOTE ]

We aren't in control of the country nor the oil. Evidence: regular, effective attacks on the oil infrastructure.

eastbay

inishowen
04-29-2005, 01:56 AM
This is the $100 Billion dollar question isn't it? The "War on Terror" camp would scoff at your statement, the "No blood for oil" camp would have an Itoldyouso response. The way I understand it is right now the infrastructure is not in place to extract the oil efficiently. Secondly, if we get the pumps going and take the oil, the whole arab world would go ballistic. It is a tough situation over there.

montechristo
05-09-2005, 05:57 AM
yes bush and his cronies are stupid, but tricky evil stupid which is the worst kind. they thought that the iraqi's would be freed and they would love us and oil would rise out of the sand like magic. instead they rightfully view the u.s. as occupiers not liberators. yeah everyone hates the u.s. and this has set back our foreign policy 50 years.

parttimepro
05-09-2005, 09:45 AM
Even if there weren't constant attacks on the oil infrastructure, Iraq doesn't produce all that much oil. I believe pre-war it was something like 10% of the world's total. From a supply-demand perspective, the war hasn't increased supply at all. I suppose we could appropriate (steal) the oil and give it away to US companies, but that would make them hate us even more, and would be a huge magnet for corruption.

This war wasn't about securing oil supplies. The Bushies either really believed in the threat from WMDs or used that as a cover because they really wanted to democratize the region.

imported_bingobazza
05-11-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ofcourse Bush will line his own pockets, he always has, right back to the days when he did deals with the Bin Laden family in the 70s and 80s. Mr Bush will do a deal with the Suadis for it in some way that makes him richer. They are his familys' best friends after all, and have been for 30 years the biggest contributors to the private fortune of the Bush family, in exchange for political influence.

Bingo