PDA

View Full Version : fake death notices to milatry families

trippin bily
04-28-2005, 12:10 PM
a recent news story running on all the networks is about people who are calling families of soldiers and telling them they are dead. one story told of one person dressed up as a priest who went to a home and told them their son was killed.
i find this to be just absolutely sick.
any guesses as to these sick peoples motives??

trippin bily
04-28-2005, 12:11 PM
man i gotta start spell checkin myself

Broken Glass Can
04-28-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
any guesses as to these sick peoples motives??

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Promoting the anti-war cause.

2) Selling bibles (like in The Paper Moon) /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Cyrus
04-28-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a recent news story running on all the networks is about people who are calling families of soldiers and telling them they are dead. one story told of one person dressed up as a priest who went to a home and told them their son was killed.

<font color="white"> . </font>
any guesses as to these sick people's motives??

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Psychopathy.
2. Moronic anti-war activism.
3. Desire to be as diabolical as Karl Rove.
4. It's a fake news story.

trippin bily
04-28-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

<font color="white"> . </font>
any guesses as to these sick people's motives??

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Psychopathy.
2. Moronic anti-war activism.
3. Desire to be as diabolical as Karl Rove.
4. It's a fake news story.

[/ QUOTE ]
cyrus definately not a fake news story
but why did you chose to attack karl rove?
no matter what the subject you figure out a way to take a shot at the winners.
the motivation is bitterness and i'd be willing to bet theses folks dont come from the winning party.

MelchyBeau
04-28-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

but why did you chose to attack karl rove?
no matter what the subject you figure out a way to take a shot at the winners.
the motivation is bitterness and i'd be willing to bet theses folks dont come from the winning party.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was going on back in January as well. I think the people who did this should be in the same cell as that wierdo in Germany.

Don't blame the democrats on this one, that is silly. People who do these things lack any sense of moral judgement.

I hope they get caught and get the maximum punishment, served in a federal pound me in the ass prison.

Melch

sirio11
04-28-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope they get caught and get the maximum punishment, served in a federal pound me in the ass prison.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully.

These are really sick people, they belong to a jail or a mental institution.

I don't understand also how anybody can accuse the Democrats of doing this, or the anti-war movement. It's like accusing conservatives for the bombing of the OK building, or the killing of Doctors from abortion clinics.

fimbulwinter
04-28-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the killing of Doctors from abortion clinics.

[/ QUOTE ]

it is always conservatives that do this. in their minds (and ironically in the strictly scientific mind as well) what goes on in those places is cold-blooded wholesale murder of innocent children for the purposes of vanity and convenience. given that viewpoint, they would be doing much worse if they did not take action.

also, doctors need not be capitalized.

fim

ThaSaltCracka
04-28-2005, 10:42 PM
this is horrible.

bisonbison
04-29-2005, 01:08 PM

Then can we get a link?

BCPVP
04-29-2005, 01:49 PM
http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/1518197.html

Felix_Nietsche
04-29-2005, 03:36 PM
....turnip truck?

The first of the cruel hoaxes started during the presidential campaign. My local news channels aired these stories. Perhaps these stories were not considered 'news worthy' by the TV media in your area. One nice thing about getting your news from the internet is local media outlets have lost control of what stories they allow the viewing public to see...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3068399/site/newsweek/
http://www.smh.com.au/news/World/Fake-soldiers-cruel-hoax-on-Iraq-widow/2005/02/23/1109046955917.html?oneclick=true
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/02/22/national/main675631.shtml

bisonbison
04-29-2005, 06:07 PM
....turnip truck?

I didn't say I didn't believe him. I asked if I could get a link.

The first of the cruel hoaxes started during the presidential campaign. My local news channels aired these stories. Perhaps these stories were not considered 'news worthy' by the TV media in your area.

I don't watch TV news, and I didn't catch these stories on A) Google News, B) Drudge, C) nytimes.com.

One nice thing about getting your news from the internet is local media outlets have lost control of what stories they allow the viewing public to see

Yeah, those bastards at the penny saver were really chapping my hide before Family News In Focus came along.

-------

Is there a reason why asking for a source is considered confrontational in this forum? Apart from the presence of knee-jerk partisan idiots?

BCPVP
04-29-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there a reason why asking for a source is considered confrontational in this forum?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sign of laziness...?

Felix_Nietsche
04-29-2005, 09:48 PM
"Is there a reason why asking for a source is considered confrontational.........knee-jerk partisan idiots?
Knee-jerk partisan idiots.....Mmmmmm.......
I hate to be on the receiving end when YOU DO decide to be CONFRONTATIONAL. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cyrus
04-29-2005, 10:40 PM
Some people are way too bored, it seems. Maybe they should take up online poker and put their money to better use than sending it to the phone company. Here's the lead from one of your links:

[ QUOTE ]
Cruel April Fool's
<font color="white">. </font>
April 5 - The phone rang last Tuesday at the Michigan home of a military family. When a loved one is deployed overseas, fighting in a war with flashes of sheer brutality, every ring can be torture. In this case, the worst seemed to have happened. With only rudimentary English skills, the mother struggled to understand what the Red Cross representative on the other end of the line was telling her—it sounded like her baby boy had been killed.
<font color="white">. </font>

Frantic, she handed the phone off to another one of her sons with stronger English. When he demanded to know who was on the line, the caller hung up. The phone rang again minutes later, but this time the caller said he would let the family talk to their soldier. He then handed the phone to someone who said, essentially, “hey, I’m okay,” before the line went dead again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Felix_Nietsche
04-29-2005, 11:20 PM
Translation?