PDA

View Full Version : Citizen's Arrest - what do you think of this?

El Barto
04-28-2005, 11:49 AM
'The red man was flashing, you idiot!' (http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=29&art_id=iol111286808 6760A551)

Berlin - A 77-year-old grandmother made a citizen's arrest in Germany when she rugby-tackled a 25-year-old jaywalker.

The pensioner sat on him until police arrived - because he had walked across a road before the light was green.

The woman, from Freital, near Dresden, shouted at the man as he crossed the road before the little green man flashed.

The old lady said she became even angrier when he hit her with his rucksack as he pushed past her when he reached the other side of the road.

She grabbed his hair and managed to wrestle him to the ground where she sat on him until police, who had been called by a passer-by, came.

He was taken to a local police station where he was fined for jaywalking. - Ananova.com

jakethebake
04-28-2005, 11:51 AM
Wow! That sucks. No win situation for that guy.

swede123
04-28-2005, 11:52 AM
If a 77 year old lady could successfully take me down and keep me down until cops arrived I deserve a long stint at the federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison.

Swede

miajag81
04-28-2005, 11:52 AM
That's either one weak 25-year-old or one fat-ass 77-year-old. How could he not get out from under her? Also, who wants to bet she was a Nazi sympathizer back in the day?

Shajen
04-28-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If a 77 year old lady could successfully take me down and keep me down until cops arrived I deserve a long stint at the federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. It's a no win situation. What's he gonna do? Beat the hell out of her? I don't think so. If someone driving by saw you beating up a grandma they'd try to kick your ass.

She had no right to do this however. Not her place. She'd of never gotten me to the ground though.

jakethebake
04-28-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
She'd of never gotten me to the ground though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured she tackled him from behind. If you don't see it comeing, you're going down. And you're right; what can you then? You're better off not fighting an old woman.

ethan
04-28-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She'd of never gotten me to the ground though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured she tackled him from behind. If you don't see it comeing, you're going down. And you're right; what can you then? You're better off not fighting an old woman.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone tackles me from behind, I'm pretty sure I'm fighting before I get a good look at them. But yea, you have a point.

maldini
04-28-2005, 04:03 PM
what's he doing with a rucksack? what is a rucksack?

Voltron87
04-28-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what's he doing with a rucksack? what is a rucksack?

[/ QUOTE ]

a backpack.