PDA

View Full Version : PP WSOP Steps 4-6 Strategy Questions

Vee Quiva
04-28-2005, 10:56 AM
I have made it through the first 3 steps in the 6 steps to the WSOP on Party Poker.

In steps 4 and 5 you only need to make the top 3 to advance to the next level. In step 6, you need to win the thing to go to the WSOP.

When I played last night I noticed with 4 left, 3 of us were around 2300 to 2600 in chips and the short stack had approx 1000. There was definitely a herd mentality as every blind the short stack had was raised and if he folded but someone else had called, that the hand was usually checked down to the end. This seems like the correct strategy, has anyone else noticed this?

If I make it to the final step and there are 3 or 4 left. It would seem the best strategy would be to play super aggressive. My reasoning is that the blinds are probably very high due to everyone being super tight in the beginning, plus no one wants to come so close to getting into the WSOP and then get sucked out on at the end. They will sit and wait for the group one hands.

There probably aren't too many posters here yet that have made it to step 6 since they are relatively new. For those of you that have, I would love to hear how you think it plays differently than the earlier steps.

Vee Quiva
04-28-2005, 11:37 AM
bump