PDA

View Full Version : K7o River Decision

Kailia Marie
04-28-2005, 08:03 AM
Hi guys,

What do you think about this one?

Party 15/30

The table is pretty good with three to five players seeing the flop. I have a decnet image but am running horribly. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

None of the limpers in this hand are significant except for MP2, who unfortunately I don't have a read on.

UTG, UTG+2 and MP2 limp. Heroine completes in the SB with K /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and BB checks.

Flop: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Heroine bets. BB folds. UTG folds. UTG+2 calls. MP2 calls.

Turn: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Heroine bets. UTG+2 folds. MP raises. Heroin 3-bets. MP2 calls.

River: T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Heroine bets. MP2 raises.

What does heroine do now?

Thanks,
/images/graemlins/heart.gifKailia

Pominos
04-28-2005, 08:15 AM
I would check fold the flop. And fold the river

Chris Daddy Cool
04-28-2005, 09:27 AM
i wouldn't check fold this flop but maybe i'm just a lag.

Pominos
04-28-2005, 09:40 AM
Maybe not... But I definitely don't like my hand on the river enough to bet/call. The bet might be fine, but after being raised again I think it is a clear fold

thejameser
04-28-2005, 09:48 AM
you could be beat in a lot of ways. value betting the river is a definite mistake IMO. Especially after the turn action(which i still have some reservations about). considering so many limping hands have you beat by the river (or turn for that matter: i.e. 89/any diamond/any set, kj, etc.) i guess the 3bet turn was to clean up outs? reads would be helpful, though.

Chris Daddy Cool
04-28-2005, 09:54 AM
i haven't mentioned the river at all, i just really want to know why you'd check/fold the flop.

Pominos
04-28-2005, 10:00 AM
We have a low middle pair on a board with tons of redraws against us in a small pot...
That's why I would have check/folded.

Steve S
04-28-2005, 10:03 AM
I like the bet on the river, but fold to the raise.

chief444
04-28-2005, 10:11 AM
Kailia,

I like your flop and turn play. If you think MP would bluff raise this often enough to make calling profitable then you may be better off just check/calling. Personally, I don't like betting the four flushes if I feel I need to call a raise unless I'm just sure enough I'm ahead to do both. His turn raise/call looks like the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif maybe with a pair. But just a K is a slight possibility. So I guess against an unknown I'd really prefer showing this down in a big pot but not for 2 bets. A long way of saying I don't really know what to do about the raise but that decision needs to be made before betting and with some hands in some situations I think check/calling may be better. I'm open to any arguments though.

Chief

brettbrettr
04-28-2005, 10:41 AM
Seems a pretty easy fold, no?