PDA

View Full Version : Pocket tens and no one wants to fold

NLSoldier
04-28-2005, 05:38 AM
Nothing too out of the ordinary from these guys up to this point.

I don't think there is really anything debatable until the river, what do you guys think is the best plan for the river?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (9 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, SB calls.

River: (20.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero's plan is?

Macdaddy Warsaw
04-28-2005, 05:47 AM
I don't expect to win these hands but I play it the same and continuing with a bet on the river. Calling or folding after that depends on who raises if it comes to that.

NLSoldier
04-28-2005, 09:05 PM
Bump.

I want to hear a few more opinions.

Alobar
04-28-2005, 09:25 PM
I like callng the flop c/r to raise the turn. Your hand is weak, and a turn raise offers you a better chance to protect it. The turn is also going to have a huge impact on your equity, I like putting the money in there better as well. Unless you think the 2 will fold to a 3 bet, but usually that isnt the case.

The river, you might as well bet, you can obviously fold to a raise, and if you check its usualyl doubtful it gets checked through, so you are going to have to call a bet anyway. That and it protects you from any shennanigan raises if you check.

Surfbullet
04-28-2005, 09:29 PM
I bet...the pot is huge and you'll get callers with all sorts of weak hands. I'd call a raise too b/c the pots so huge that these guys do weird stuff. I don't think c/c is a bad option though.

Surf

DrGutshot
04-28-2005, 09:54 PM
I don't like betting this river. Often a better hand will check behind you because they are scared of all the action previously. I doubt you have the best hand here.

I might call a bet, depending on where it came from and if it got called.

-DrG

NLSoldier
04-28-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like betting this river. Often a better hand will check behind you because they are scared of all the action previously. I doubt you have the best hand here.

I might call a bet, depending on where it came from and if it got called.

-DrG

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much where I was at. I checked an hadn't even really decided what I was going to do if someone behind me bet.

Fortunately it got checked around and MHIG. I would have been pretty sick if the river would have gone check,check, bet, call, call, fold. Maybe thats a good reason for betting.

fyodor
04-28-2005, 10:46 PM
Looks like you can bet and fold to a raise. Most likely the guys behind you have some kind of a straight draw with or without a small pair. Maybe something like A2 or 65.

etizzle
04-28-2005, 11:09 PM
i think you need to grit your teeth and bet this. There are definitely some worse hands that will pay off a bet, but more importanly you need to make sure your hand sees a showdown.

I think its unlikely that YOUR bet will get raised here, but if someone behind you bets the SB may try to steal the pot with a raise.

BottlesOf
04-29-2005, 12:05 AM
Is this an example of how the 10/20 is different from the 5/10, b/c I cannot fathom a river bet, and that turn raise isn't my first instinct either. Perhaps, I'm just bad?

emonrad87
04-29-2005, 12:12 AM
FWIW, I think this is how I would play it at 5/10. I'd probabaly puss out on the river and check it tho...