PDA

View Full Version : Sufjan Stevens...

Senor Cardgage
04-28-2005, 03:05 AM
is my god. His upcoming album, Illinois, is wonderful.

It's not a reach to say it's on par with Greetings From Michigan... That should pretty much sum it up.

I love you, illegal downloads.

Tracklisting:

01 Concerning the UFO Sighting Near Highland, IL
02 The Black Hawk War, or, How to Demolish an Entire Civilization and Still Feel Good About Yourself in the Morning, or, We Apologize for the Inconvenience But You're Going to Have to Leave Now, or, "I have fought the Big Knives and will continue to fight them until they are off our lands!"
03 Come on! Feel the Illinoise!
04 John Wayne Gacy, Jr.
05 Jacksonville
06 A Short Reprise for Mary Todd, Who Went Insane, But for Very Good Reasons
07 Decatur, or, Round of Applause for Your Step Mother!
08 One Last "Woo-hoo!" for the Pullman
09 Chicago
10 Casimir Pulaski Day
11 To the Workers of the Rockford River Valley Region, I have an Idea Concerning Your Predicament, and it involves shoe string, a lavender garland, and twelve strong women
12 The Man of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts
13 Prairie Fire That Wanders About
14 A Conjunction of Drones Simulating the Way in Which Sufjan Stevens Has an Existential Crisis in the Great Godfrey Maze
15 The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades Is Out to Get Us!
16 They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back From the Dead!! Ahhhhh!
17 Let's Hear That String Part Again, Because I Don't Think They Heard It All the Way Out in Bushnell
18 In This Temple, as in the Hearts of Man, for Whom He Saved the Earth
19 The Seer's Tower
20 The Tallest Man, the Broadest Shoulders
21 Riffs and Variations on a Single Note for Jelly Roll, Earl Hines, Louis Armstrong, Baby Dodds, and the King of Swing, to Name a Few
22 Out of Egypt, into the Great Laugh of Mankind, and I shake the dirt from my sandals as I run

Release Date: July 5.

Jack of Arcades
04-28-2005, 03:08 AM
Looks like I got some downloading to do.

pryor15
04-28-2005, 03:08 AM
where did you find it???? i spent 3 hours looking for "chicago" about a week ago.

i have an unhealthy addiction to the "seven swans" album

Popinjay
04-28-2005, 03:09 AM
what kind of music is this?

Jack of Arcades
04-28-2005, 03:11 AM
Greetings from Michigan... is minimalistic piano-driven aural heaven.

pryor15
04-28-2005, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Greetings from Michigan... is minimalistic piano-driven aural heaven.

[/ QUOTE ]

Senor Cardgage
04-28-2005, 03:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
where did you find it???? i spent 3 hours looking for "chicago" about a week ago.

i have an unhealthy addiction to the "seven swans" album

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm on campus right now and the network is making it a bitch to download anything with Soulseek, so I got it directly from a friend.

I'm not sure if it's as good as Michigan (that's be some damn high praise), but it's very, very good. I'm on my third consecutive listen.

EDIT: I would suggest looking for it on Soulseek or trying to find a torrent of the full album.

pryor15
04-28-2005, 03:37 AM
thanks. i don't think soulseek is compatible w/ my mac, but i found 3 songs elsewhere (titled, by someone, "decatur", "casimir pulaski day", and "john wayne gacy, jr."). DAMN.

according to one of the webpages, wyoming is supposedly next.

theredwave
04-28-2005, 04:14 AM
I downloaded it yesterday, used torrentspy.com and had to join some website, thecellar.com or something like that. I think I'm liking this album a little better than Greetings from Michigan which is pretty amazing cause I loved their first album. I listened to All The Trees of The Field Will Clap Their Hands for about four months straight. Decatur is my favorite of the album so far, but I've only gone a couple times through so far.

Senor Cardgage
04-28-2005, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I downloaded it yesterday, used torrentspy.com and had to join some website, thecellar.com or something like that. I think I'm liking this album a little better than Greetings from Michigan which is pretty amazing cause I loved their first album. I listened to All The Trees of The Field Will Clap Their Hands for about four months straight. Decatur is my favorite of the album so far, but I've only gone a couple times through so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's pretty impossible to pick a favorite. After three listens I'd say I'm wavering between "John Wayne Gacy, Jr." and "The Predatory Wasp...". I think I like Wasp better right now. Damn good album.

Ulysses
04-28-2005, 01:56 PM
If you guys like this music so much, maybe you should consider paying some money for it.

Jack of Arcades
04-28-2005, 02:04 PM
The last CD I bought was Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights. I've listened to it once, a year and a half ago.

pryor15
04-28-2005, 02:10 PM
i will when it comes out in july. until then i want to see what it sounds like.

MarkL444
04-28-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you guys like this music so much, maybe you should consider paying some money for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

But who would he really be paying?