PDA

View Full Version : I hate everything about this

shant
04-28-2005, 03:03 AM
Button is a TAG. Other guy is a passive fish. How many mistakes did I make?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (9.16 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (12.16 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 14.16 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 14.16 BB, between Button and BB.</font>

Yobz
04-28-2005, 03:06 AM
I like the PF raise
The flop raise isn't bad and you have to call getting 7.5:1. The turn call is correct as well and you can't call the river...

Edit: overall, I like it

Argus
04-28-2005, 03:12 AM
The flop raise is the only questionable play in my opinion. Considering Button behind you is a TAG I like to raise hoping to push him out and maybe even get a free card on the turn. It didn't work out that way, but I think it was still the right plan. Folding button could increase your chances of winning if you hit a King, and it may set up a steal on the turn. Everything is standard; you aren't going away with the OESD until you miss the river.

Yobz
04-28-2005, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is BB the passive fish? If so, isn't this an easy flop fold? What am I missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if BB's first bet shows QT for the flopped nuts, you have 3 outs to the nuts (not enough to call). But his first bet could mean he has JQ in which case we have 10 outs...I think the raise hoping to fold the button and get a free turn/bluff at turn isn't all that bad, plus we likely have lots of outs until the cap, but then we are getting almost 8:1 to call, which I think is enough

Yobz
04-28-2005, 03:13 AM
You beat me by a second...someone deleted their post and I felt like posting my response anyway, slowed me down long enough for you to get in there /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Spicymoose
04-28-2005, 03:13 AM
I really don't get what you hate. The only thing I would hate if I were you would be the fact that you lost.

The only possible change you could have made would be to simply call the flop, but I feel raising is better.

Spicymoose

shant
04-28-2005, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The only possible change you could have made would be to simply call the flop, but I feel raising is better.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, bad session and I'm taking frustration out on subject lines. The only thing I wasn't sure of was the flop raise, but so far you guys agree with it.