PDA

View Full Version : Finishing in the bubble often

jzpiano14
04-28-2005, 02:43 AM
Is there anything I can do to improve my bubble play or something that I'm missing, because I'm finishing 4th 30% of the time ITM 37% of the time and my average finish is 3.7. I just feel that I can lower that 30% # some but I don't know how. I feel like I get to the bubble either super high stacked or fighting with the others usually short stacked. I don't play a lot of hands until the blinds hit 25/50 to 50/100 depending on the tourney. What should I be pushing with OTB besides PP's AK and AQ. I've lost several tourney's pushing with A10 and be called by 33 or 55. Same goes with Ax suited. Any ideas, suggestions?

jzpiano14
04-28-2005, 02:47 AM
Oh I should add I think my 4 handed play is the worst of all my heads up-full table play which is probably the main factor to my bubble finishing. Anything I can do about this besides play the 6 max because I have 50k hands logged at 1/2max and have played enough at the 5/10max lvls to understand SH play.

Benholio
04-28-2005, 03:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What should I be pushing with OTB besides PP's AK and AQ. I've lost several tourney's pushing with A10 and be called by 33 or 55. Same goes with Ax suited. Any ideas, suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean with high blinds (level 5+) and on the bubble (or near it)?

In the late game/bubble you should be pushing just about any ace, pair, 2 face cards, etc from the button. You should be pushing a larger range than that from the SB. There are exceptions, of course, but in general you should be stealing with any sort of decent hand, not just AQ+ and pairs.