PDA

View Full Version : Too Aggresive???

Kyle
04-28-2005, 01:03 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (6.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

KDawgCometh
04-28-2005, 01:08 AM
I'm torn about raising w/55 from the Hijack. Obviously I wouldn't donk limp there, but I might be more inclined to fold PF. That being said, I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to make the semi-bluff on the river with the ten scare card. The pot is small enough to fold to a CR and I'm not sure that your winning this UI

damaniac
04-28-2005, 01:26 AM
You have no read on the sb, and while this is a blind stealing situation, I don't think there is very much he will play this way that you beat. He could bet into you with A high or just about anything, but after calling you on the flop and turn, I think he has an 8, a pp (most likely higher than 5), or the only real draw I see would be J9. He almost certainly doesn't check the straight or trip tens to you on the river, so by the that point he's either folding overcards (maybe calling with A high) or calling with an 8 or pp, most of which beat you. Since the range of calling hands that beat you is greater than the hands you beat, and since I don't think you have much of a chance of folding a better hand, I'd check behind.

I like raising the flop since he could bet almost anything into you to test you. I'm more inclined to check behind on the turn, although he may fold overs often enough to make it profitable.

Isura
04-28-2005, 03:05 AM
I think this line is okay against a reasonably aggressive player. When such a player checks the turn you are either getting check-raised or he is folding, both of which are okay.
I'd call the flop and fold the turn against a passive player rather than raise the flop.