PDA

View Full Version : Prayers of the Week

Clarkmeister
11-15-2002, 12:14 PM
YTD: 7-8

Last Week: 1-1

This Week:

Den -4.5@ Sea.

Short week, but Devner has bounced back from short week bad MNF losses already this year. This one is as simple as Seattle can't stop the run, and Denver can run. Arizona is a team in disarray and is decimated by injuries, so don't be fooled by Seattle's win last week. Sea's blowout win and Den's ugly loss on MNF have this line way lower than it should be.

Hou +6 vs Jax

One of my favorite plays is against the "revenge" team when they are favored and the second game is on the road. Houston dominated that game and I just don't think Jax is that good. Look for Houston to bounce back after their abysmal home loss against the Bungles two weeks ago with a big effort here. I think they cover and maybe win outright.

Good luck and say 10 Our Fathers this week.

Clarkmeister
11-22-2002, 02:59 PM
Now that threads go to the top, I'll just keep all the prayers in this thread

YTD: 9-8, Last week, 2-0.

This week:

In the NFL, I don't have any strong opinions, just several medium leans. But for the first time, the prayer this week is a college game:

OSU -4.5:

Ohio State is simply a much better team than the Wolverines. Some recent road struggles have moved this line artificially low, so we get some great value here. I see no way that MU can score on this Defense. Once OSU gets a lead, then Navarre will be forced to throw and then its ballgame. He was abysmal last year against OSU and has big problems in high profile games. Mich was lucky to beat PSU at home and got rolled by Iowa. Going on the road here isn't good for a team with no defence and a one dimensional offense. This game means everything to them and OSU wins big, with or without Claret.

Clarkmeister
11-26-2002, 06:19 PM
YTD 10-8

Last week 1-0

This week is another College game:

Notre Dame +11.5@ USC.

This line is ridiculous. No team with a D as good as ND's should be getting this many points, just ask FSU. And they come into this game much better than the FSU game. There they were coming off back to back tough games vs Michigan and on the road vs Air Force then travelled to FSU to see a totally different system than that of the Falcons. This time they come into the game with weeks of preparation while pointing for this game. Willingham's experience coaching against USC while at Stanford will play into this as well.

USC is playing well, but they looked just as good going into the K-State game. After a big showing against a very poor UCLA team in the rivalry game, I think the public is overreacting. This line is way too high. Take ND and the points.

11-26-2002, 07:14 PM
good handicapping indicators - I like this play alot laying that many points

Clarkmeister
11-28-2002, 07:28 AM
Wow, the Knish and I agree. How can we lose?

Clarkmeister
12-06-2002, 01:06 PM
YTD 10-9

Last Week: 0-1

This Week:

SD +3 vs OAK.

My favorite angle in recent years has been teams playing at home as dogs vs a divisional rival they beat on the road earlier in the same season. Its worked well so far this year, and I am sticking with it. The Raiders figure to have trouble containing LT and Brees is getting better every game. 2nd week in a row at home for SD while the Raiders have to travel on the short week. Simply a good spot for a very live home dog.

NE - 4.5 vs BUF.

Buffalo (a winner last week at home vs a team they had already beat on the road) figures to have big trouble here. NE really slowed Bledsoe down in their last meeting and no reason to think they won't again here. Buffalo hasn't run the ball well at all, and since that is NE's weakness, they have to go strength on strength. I'll take the NE D in that matchup. On top of that, Belichek (sp?) has a long week to prepare for this one after playing on Thanksgiving. Meanwhile NE's O continues to look very good. Winning by a touch shouldn't be an issue.

gl

Clarkmeister
12-13-2002, 10:41 PM
YTD: 11-10

Last Week: 1-1

This Week:

Denver/KC UN 47

I love this one. KC has played stellar D lately. Denver's D isn't too shabby either, and Denvers O has been decidedly mediocre. In a game with a playoff atmosphere and two bitter rivals, expect a close struggle with both teams running the ball a lot. This one goes under handily.