PDA

View Full Version : Here's Some Protesters In Need Of Pepper Spray

HDPM
11-15-2002, 11:07 AM
These protesters have gone way overboard here. LGPG Picture (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/021115/168/2oxdj.html)

IrishHand
11-15-2002, 11:51 AM
By encouraging the dissemination of their message, you're only furthering their aims. Linking their site is akin to a newspaper reporting a KKK rally.

Ignore them and they'll disappear...

andyfox
11-15-2002, 01:28 PM
Please post more pictures of Gisele, avec PETA or sans (but preferably sans).

Ray Zee
11-15-2002, 11:24 PM
so you think its okay to kill animals just to wear their fur to look glamorous.

MMMMMM
11-16-2002, 02:41 AM
The protesters might have gone somewhat overboard in their chosen actions and venue (I don't know), but the fur industry happens to be a barbaric, cruel and needless business.

If you go out and shoot a deer and eat it and wear its skin, that's fine all the way I guess, but to catch animals in cruel leg-hold traps just for their fur is disgusting IMO. Growing them for fur on farms is more perverse perhaps but possibly less cruel. By the way, veal is among the most disgusting of foods. The calves are kept in little crates so they can't really stand up or stretch or grow their muscles (this to keep the meat soft, which is why they are fed only milk, too). They may be allowed to lie in their own feces for extended periods of time in these small crates.

If you want to go ahead and have a steak every now and then that's one thing--sometimes I do too, although I feel it's not ideal--but fur from today's fur industry, and veal, are stretching the limits pretty much IMO as to how much cruelty we are willing to inflict in order to obtain a needless pleasure. After all, today there are lots of other fabrics that are warm and comfortable, and lots of other tasty foods--even meats--than veal.

HDPM
11-16-2002, 03:47 AM
Er, I kind of meant they were going overboard by interfering with that scenery. Ease up. The post was not meant to be about the fur issue per se.
I am against wanton cruelty to animals. But I eat meat, wear leather, and have a pet (a big no-no to PETA people even as much as we spoil our dog). So I am OK with using animals. Don't own or desire any fur, but I am not going to support PETA or ALF or anything. ALF'ers are really something. Where to draw the line on using animals can be difficult. The fur industry is an easy target, but the animal rights people would ban using animals even to make medicine to save humans. (Not just testing) They would ban guide dogs. That is going way too far.

11-16-2002, 10:56 PM
Q: Why are animal rights activists more violently opposed to fur than leather??

A: B/C it's easier to harass rich women that it is to harass motorcycle gangs!!

Gavin

beernutz
11-17-2002, 11:58 PM
When I first saw that picture in the paper I assumed the signed were written in German.