PDA

View Full Version : How dare you call me (low content)

Phil Van Sexton
04-27-2005, 10:44 PM
Something just reminded me that I forgot to post this hand.

Isn't this guy aware that I patented this push?

IC5 had just come over to observe this game, and I felt obligated to make the pointless level 3 move that I've become almost famous for.

I can only imagine what the villian must've been thinking when the cards turned over....and then what happened when he saw the flop.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t650)
BB (t950)
UTG (t2890)
MP1 (t2005)
MP2 (t1400)
CO (t960)
Button (t1145)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls t50, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t650 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t950 (All-In)</font>, MP1 folds.

Flop: (t1650) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t1650) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: (t1650) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t1650

Results:
Hero has 3s 2c (straight, six high).
BB has 9s 9d (two pair, nines and sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins t1350. BB wins t300.

wuwei
04-27-2005, 10:45 PM
/me rubs nipples

I love play pokah. pokah is nice.

The Yugoslavian
04-27-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
/me rubs nipples

[/ QUOTE ]

This post pretty much says all that needs to be said.

Thread over.

Yugoslav

ilya
04-27-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
/me rubs nipples

[/ QUOTE ]

i keep hearing this crap lately. what piece of cultural detritus spawned this?

wuwei
04-27-2005, 11:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
/me rubs nipples

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In last years PLO final table at the WSOP, Chiau Gang (sp?) stood up from the table at some point (I can't remember the details of the hand, but I believe he was all in on a huge draw against Williamson's made hand). He massaged both nipples and uttered the very insightful statement in question after hitting his draw.

I finally managed to catch a rerun of this episode yesterday afternoon, and it's a pretty damn funny sight.

SuitedSixes
04-27-2005, 11:59 PM
If I could teach the masses one thing that would make my life as a poker player much easier it is that 99, 77, A4, A2s, KT, AJ, etc. are NOT trapping hands. If you think they are that great, raise them, go all-in with them late, it will make my life easier when I pull a Van Sexton, or any other fancy move I know to make people lay down hands that they don't really like.

FE is everything people. If it's that good, protect it!

1C5
04-28-2005, 12:02 AM
Almost famous?

After I pull of that move and double up when I get called I type "You've been PVSed bitch"

curtains
04-28-2005, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I could teach the masses one thing that would make my life as a poker player much easier it is that 99, 77, A4, A2s, KT, AJ, etc. are NOT trapping hands. If you think they are that great, raise them, go all-in with them late, it will make my life easier when I pull a Van Sexton, or any other fancy move I know to make people lay down hands that they don't really like.

[/ QUOTE ]

The big blind had yet to act and thus can hardly be accused of slowplaying with 99.

Phoenix1010
04-28-2005, 12:12 AM
That'll learn 'im.

ilya
04-28-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
/me rubs nipples

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In last years PLO final table at the WSOP, Chiau Gang (sp?) stood up from the table at some point (I can't remember the details of the hand, but I believe he was all in on a huge draw against Williamson's made hand). He massaged both nipples and uttered the very insightful statement in question after hitting his draw.

I finally managed to catch a rerun of this episode yesterday afternoon, and it's a pretty damn funny sight.

[/ QUOTE ]

well why didn't you say so. i gotta see this.

elonkra
04-28-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The big blind had yet to act and thus can hardly be accused of slowplaying with 99.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm interested in finding out who's right here. Fold the 99 or call?

SuitedSixes
04-28-2005, 12:55 AM
You are right (as always). I didn't read the OP closely enough.

The Student
04-28-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
/me rubs nipples

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this on my tivo for about four months until we had a f-ing blackout and my tivo shorted out, erasing everything that was on it. losing this, along with the last 2 minutes of a lakers championship game, almost made me cry. your recap of the episode almost made me feel complete again.

ty,

ts-

Phil Van Sexton
04-28-2005, 09:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm interested in finding out who's right here. Fold the 99 or call?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that question can be answered. It's often a fold, but a good read can turn this into a call.

It's a call if he knew my reputation. I don't remember how I'd been playing up until this point, though I had managed to blast off 35% of my chips.

He did use almost his whole time bank thinking about this, so it was a tough decision for him. This made it even more amusing to me for some reason.

Irieguy
04-28-2005, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Isn't this guy aware that I patented this push?

IC5 had just come over to observe this game, and I felt obligated to make the pointless level 3 move that I've become almost famous for.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, nh. I have yet to win with a PVS when I get called, so it's nice to see that it can happen. Fortunately, I rarely get called.

Secondly, what do you mean "almost famous?" When I teach students about SNGs, I use certain "Key Concepts." I had to go back and name one of them after you following your level 3 thread. I haven't even named one of them after myself yet... so you're totally famous as far as I'm concerned. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

So, Phil, since i'm doing my part to make you famous around these parts, maybe you can help me out. From now on, I would like you to refer to a 40+ buy-in drop as an "Irieguy."

Irieguy

J-Lo
04-28-2005, 10:56 AM
irie, did u drop 40 at the $50's or $100's?

asofel
04-28-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
/me rubs nipples

[/ QUOTE ]

This is backwards. The correct version flows better:

*rubbing nipples*

"Pokah's nice...I love play pokah"

His tone makes it even more enjoyable...

Irieguy
04-28-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
irie, did u drop 40 at the $50's or $100's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fortunately, I was just kidding. But I got close to 40 in my current batch at the $109's. I'm still doing better in $/SNG than at the $33's... but it's closer than I was hoping it would be (though I haven't even played 500 yet... so who knows.)

Irieguy

Shanemex
04-28-2005, 11:25 AM
I have the clip. PM me your email address and I can send it to you.

Phil Van Sexton
04-28-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

So, Phil, since i'm doing my part to make you famous around these parts, maybe you can help me out. From now on, I would like you to refer to a 40+ buy-in drop as an "Irieguy."

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

I had been referring to it as "That which we shall not speak of (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1765434&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;s b=5&amp;o=&amp;vc=1)", but I've made a note of the name change.

I did have about a 40 buyin drop in bankroll about 2 weeks ago, but I refer to that as the "IRS (http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc419.html)."