PDA

View Full Version : Curt Schilling

ThaSaltCracka
04-27-2005, 10:35 PM
I don't care if this has been posted today, but this muthafucka's pompous ass has gotten me to my breaking point. Yeah, we all know you and the Big Ugly beat the Yanks in Arizona. Then you switch over to Boston and immediately emerse yourself in the Yankees/Sox rivalry, one which you had little part of until last year. But that didn't stop you from getting all the press....no, nothing can stop you from getting press, you love it, you are a attention whore. But whatever, you like to be a douche, thats fine, it makes me hate you, but thats fine, its sports, this hatred was more spirited in nature. But now....now...you have the audacity to, while your on the DL no less, to go after LOU. Of course, this makes sense, the attention has been shifting away from you so you must do something drastic, bold, and uber-bitchass-ish. You call out Lou MuthaFuckinIwillthrowaBaseAtYou Piniella. You say he is the reason the D-Rays lose 100 games a year, and say he has lost touch with baseball. Well you know what Curt, [censored] YOU!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE YOUR ANKLE DEVELOPS LEPROSY AND YOUR SHOULDER FALLS OFF, YOU ASS HOLE. I TRUELY HATE YOU.
YOU ARE A [censored] DOUCHE, AND YOU WILL NEVER MAKE THE HALL.

Dead
04-27-2005, 10:37 PM
This is why you are the man, TSC.

Curt Schilling just loves to be a little radio bitch. He loves to call into sports shows and make an ass of himself. He has annointed himself King of baseball or something.

Lou Piniella is totally cooler than Schilling, and I'm not just saying that because he's a former Yankee. Lou Piniella has never taken [censored] from dumb ass Red Sox. He fought with that loser Fisk and he has no problem sparring with Schilling.

Jack of Arcades
04-27-2005, 10:37 PM
Calm your silly ass down.

kerssens
04-27-2005, 10:38 PM
I was gonna start a post about him earlier but didn't. It would have been similar.

Voltron87
tsc i've never agreed with you so much. great post.

Dead
Has Schilling pitched well against anyone this year?

Maybe he needs to inject some more sh*t into his ankle. Wouldn't hurt for him to drop some weight as well. The Sox rotation has to be one of the heaviest in the AL with both Wells and Schilling.

MEbenhoe
Stupid bitch Sportscenter anchors were going off on the Devils Ray announcer who was ripping on Curt Schilling during the "brawl" the other day. Seriously, stop sucking Schilling's cock you stupid SC anchors.

Jack of Arcades
04-27-2005, 10:40 PM
Seriously, do you have gay-man sex with Lou Piniella or something? I don't see why you'd be so upset over this.

ThaSaltCracka
04-27-2005, 10:43 PM
Dude, Schilling will become the baseball Bill Walton, seriously, he needs to be on TV. Its just in his nature to be a attention/conversation whore/dominator. But the difference between him and Walton, is that Walton is so ridiculous he is funny. Curt would most likely just talk about himself and his raggedy ass ankle.

Joe Buck: "great play by the short stop!"
Curt: "Hey Joe, remember that time my ankle was bleeding and I pitched during the ALCS"
Buck: "Yeah we remember, so what did you think of that play by the SS?"
Curt:"Well it reminded me of the play Cabrera made during the game in which my ankle was bleeding"

[censored] HIM!

Jack of Arcades
04-27-2005, 10:43 PM
Shut the [censored] up, Dead. You're out of your element.

Dead
04-27-2005, 10:45 PM
&*&* YOU then, Jack of Arcades.

Your Yankee hatred is clouding your judgement.

ThaSaltCracka
04-27-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, do you have gay-man sex with Lou Piniella or something? I don't see why you'd be so upset over this.

[/ QUOTE ]Lou is the man, every M's fan loves the guy, and basically I think Curt is way out of line in this situation. So coupled with the fact that Curt is way out of line with someone i greatly admire, equals me being furious and filled with intense Curt Hatred. I was actually warming somewhat up to the Sox, but this just rekindled the hatred 40 fold.

Dead
04-27-2005, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was actually warming somewhat up to the Sox

[/ QUOTE ]

This was your first mistake.

Jack of Arcades
04-27-2005, 10:48 PM
The fact that you think I hate the Yankees is the most laughable part of this thread.

ThaSaltCracka
04-27-2005, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was actually warming somewhat up to the Sox

[/ QUOTE ]

This was your first mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]you know who else is a huge attention whore on that team, Kevin Millar. But he is lucky that he isn't a jerk store like Curt is, so I can deal with him.

sublime
04-27-2005, 10:50 PM
you know who else is a huge attention whore on that team, Kevin Millar

they both pale in comparison to johnny damon

ps
stop your crying

Dead
04-27-2005, 10:51 PM
I actually like Johnny Damon a lot. I notice that he never says anything bad about the Yankees like that minor leaguer Kevin Millar does. I think that Damon is angling for the Yankee center fielder job in a couple of years.

ThaSaltCracka
[ QUOTE ]
stop your crying

[/ QUOTE ] How am I crying if no tears are coming out?

Jack of Arcades
Oh, right, I forgot that you're an M's fan.

I really don't care about the comments either way.

pryor15
04-27-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that Damon is angling for the Yankee center fielder job in a couple of years.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've heard that rumor, but wouldn't he have to cut his hair? if i had cool hair like that, i don't know that i'd cut it. doesn't damon seem a bit, i don't know, crazy to fit in w/ the yankees' uber-professional clubhouse?

i mean uber-professional in a good way.

Jack of Arcades
04-27-2005, 10:56 PM
BTW, one of the smartest M's fan I know really doesn't care about Lou. Lou rubbed a lot of players and fans the wrong way.

Let's face it, the guy's a hard-ass. Sometimes it seems he's more concerned with being tough than winning.

istewart
04-27-2005, 10:56 PM
Bill Walton PWNS.

sublime
04-27-2005, 10:57 PM
I think that Damon is angling for the Yankee center fielder job in a couple of years.

right up cashmans alley. replace one old outfielder with no arm for another.

Dead
04-27-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Joe Buck: "great play by the short stop!"
Curt: "Hey Joe, remember that time my ankle was bleeding and I pitched during the ALCS"
Buck: "Yeah we remember, so what did you think of that play by the SS?"
Curt:"Well it reminded me of the play Cabrera made during the game in which my ankle was bleeding"

[/ QUOTE ]

Lmao.

ThaSaltCracka
04-27-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lou rubbed a lot of players and fans the wrong way.

[/ QUOTE ] the first part may be true, but I have my strong doubts. As for the second part, completely wrong. Your friend represents a small minority.

Jack of Arcades
04-27-2005, 11:09 PM
I'm sure he'd be a minority, must fans are idiots that can't think for themselves.

tbach24
04-27-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I actually like Johnny Damon a lot. I notice that he never says anything bad about the Yankees like that minor leaguer Kevin Millar does. I think that Damon is angling for the Yankee center fielder job in a couple of years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do minor leaguer's really have a career .854 OPS? Millar does. STFU DEAD YOU KNOW NOTHING!!!

Dead
04-27-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do minor leaguer's really have a career .854 OPS? Millar does. STFU DEAD YOU KNOW NOTHING!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Gray Ink: Batting - 2 (1996) (Average HOFer ~ 144)
HOF Standards: Batting - 18.0 (793) (Average HOFer ~ 50)
HOF Monitor: Batting - 8.0 (1159) (Likely HOFer > 100)

tbach24
04-27-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gray Ink: Batting - 2 (1996) (Average HOFer ~ 144)
HOF Standards: Batting - 18.0 (793) (Average HOFer ~ 50)
HOF Monitor: Batting - 8.0 (1159) (Likely HOFer > 100)

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to admit, I have no idea what you are talking about. All I was doing was commenting on that you said Millar should be a minor leaguer by giving you his nasty OPS. Then you bring up the HOF and these confusing numbers and I'm all like "whoa, wtf?"

Jack of Arcades
04-27-2005, 11:24 PM
Uh, okay, so Millar isn't a Hall of Famer.

Players Millar was better than in 2004:
Shawn Green, Derrek Lee, Tino Martinez, Jeff Bagwell, Mike Sweeney...

Millar is an above-average player.

PhatTBoll
04-27-2005, 11:36 PM
I dislike both the Yanks and the Red Sox, and I love Piniella because of his days with the Reds. That said I think Schilling is great. A lot of the problems in pro sports would go away if everyone had the same attitude he does.

Salty, if Schilling had gone to the Yankees or Mariners last year and done what he did with Boston, you'd be waiting in line to lick the dingleberries off his ass. Settle down.

imported_stealthcow
04-27-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Salty, if Schilling had gone to the Yankees or Mariners last year and done what he did with Boston, you'd be waiting in line to lick the dingleberries off his ass. Settle down.

[/ QUOTE ]

the 2nd best thing to the red sox winning is the yankees losing and the responses you get out of poeple like dead and tsc.

stealthcow-

ThaSaltCracka
04-28-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]no, you are in fact quite wrong. I am a Yankees fan and I hate Clemens, A-Rod, Sheffield, and Brown. It doesn't matter who they play for.

Dead
04-28-2005, 12:35 AM
Brown and Clemens I understand, but how can you hate Sheffield and A-Rod? They both give 100% out there every day.

Who would you root for in a Yanks/Mariners ALDS matchup?

andyfox
04-28-2005, 12:44 AM
I thought it was funny when, responding to the accusation that he's forgotten how to play the game, Lou said that he's forgotten more than Schilling ever knew.

Lou should run his responses by a spokesman.

jesusarenque
04-28-2005, 12:46 AM
Curt Schilling is an [censored] for many more reasons than just saying something about Lou.

PhatTBoll
04-28-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]no, you are in fact quite wrong. I am a Yankees fan and I hate Clemens, A-Rod, Sheffield, and Brown. It doesn't matter who they play for.

[/ QUOTE ]

To my knowledge, none of those guys risked his career to win a championship, or quite clearly identified himself with the fans of the team he played for. All the guys you listed are me-first jerkoffs, except possibly Brown, who may be the worst good pitcher ever.

andyfox
04-28-2005, 12:47 AM
He comes up for his first at bat of the game. Strike one. He wheels around and yelps at the umpire, "Where was that pitch at?"

The umpire responds, "Why Lou, I'm surprised at you, you know your shouldn't end a sentence with a preposition."

Piniella says, "I'm sorry. Where was that pitch at, [censored]?"

Ump kicked him out Fisk was the opposition catcher, said he couldn't catch right the rest of the game, giggling when he thought about it.

Dead
04-28-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Brown, who may be the worst good pitcher ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brown is not that bad. He had a decent last outing, and was fine after the first inning.

My predictions probably don't mean [censored] to you, but I think that Brownie will get his first win of the season tonight, and shut down the Anaheim offense in the process. This is assuming that the Yankee offense doesn't stall out like it did last night.

ThaSaltCracka
04-28-2005, 12:54 AM
Lou is awesome.

Dead
04-28-2005, 12:57 AM
What was the censored word?

andyfox
04-28-2005, 01:09 AM
A**hole.

Sorry, didn't realize that word was on the verboten list.

Dead
04-28-2005, 01:12 AM
Umps are too touchy about that stuff. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

What made me smile was two nights ago, when Carlos Zambrano drilled a Reds player after he had given up a homer. The ump threw him out, and he walked off with no bitching. He knew he was busted.

Boris
04-28-2005, 01:13 AM
That is priceless. thanks for the story.

ThaSaltCracka
04-28-2005, 01:15 AM
didn't Lou and Fisk get at it once too?

Jack of Arcades
04-28-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was funny when, responding to the accusation that he's forgotten how to play the game, Lou said that he's forgotten more than Schilling ever knew.

Lou should run his responses by a spokesman.

[/ QUOTE ]

andyfox can always be counted on to bring sense into these threads.

Dead
04-28-2005, 01:17 AM
Because he bends over backwards to appear as an unbiased Yankee fan?

Jack of Arcades
04-28-2005, 01:21 AM
It's funny, weren't you the one accusing me of letting my yankee-hating cloud my judgment?

You're the one with clouded judgment. You're the one that gets bent out of shape. Anytime anyone says something negative about the Yankees or a Yankee player, no matter how true, you take it personally and attack the person.

Furthermore, you usually respond with some non-sequitur about the poster's favorite team when it has nothing to do with the subject.

Dead
04-28-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anytime anyone says something negative about the Yankees or a Yankee player, no matter how true, you take it personally and attack the person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true.

For example, I admit that our pitching has major issues right now. I agree with other posters who have said as much. I agree that Bernie is probably washed up.

Jack of Arcades
04-28-2005, 01:29 AM
Well, sure, but it's fashionable for Yankee fans to bash Bernie and the pitching now /images/graemlins/grin.gif

You'll never hear a peep from the mass of Yankee fans about Golden Boy Tino, though.

Lazymeatball
04-28-2005, 10:24 AM
To all those in New York who ever said that Yankees vs Red Sox was a one sided rivalry, I present to you this thread. Winning a Championship will do that.

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/pg2/2005/0412/photo/bs_yanks2_hi.jpg

mostsmooth
04-28-2005, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
To all those in New York who ever said that Yankees vs Red Sox was a one sided rivalry, I present to you this thread. Winning a Championship will do that.

[/ QUOTE ]
wow, whats the tally now? 26-6? definitely not onesided any more.
(i counted a pilgrims win for you)

daryn
04-28-2005, 10:30 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

damn!

i really wish we had won a ton of championships 50+ years ago so i could really talk smack!

DRAT!!!

mostsmooth
04-28-2005, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

damn!

i really wish we had won a ton of championships 50+ years ago so i could really talk smack!

DRAT!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
how far back can we go?

Lazymeatball
04-28-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was discussing rivalry in terms of how competetive the fans of opposing teams get about their teams rival. Your discussion of World Series results has no bearing on that point.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0002SCZPI.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Bulldog
04-28-2005, 10:38 AM
I agree with the whole rant, except for the statement about Schilling and the HoF. The writers love him, and he has already locked up a spot, if he retired tomorrow. It'd take steroids or gambling to keep him out now.

sublime
04-28-2005, 10:41 AM
Lou is awesome.

lou is crazy. has been since he was a minor leauge player.

i finanly heard a lot of the stuff that went down. i mean, cmon man wtf? the sox were getting hit by pitches left and right then finally retailiate and then the next inning some jerk off throws at one of our studs HEAD. whats wrong with schilling saying what the enitre orginaization feels?

apparently lou held a team metting asking all of his players who bad mouthed him during the scuffle. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

mostsmooth
04-28-2005, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was discussing rivalry in terms of how competetive the fans of opposing teams get about their teams rival. Your discussion of World Series results has no bearing on that point.

[/ QUOTE ]
oh, i see,world series results have no bearing. you tricked me into thinking they were by posting a pic of the series banner in your post, very clever.

Lazymeatball
04-28-2005, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
oh, i see,world series results have no bearing. you tricked me into thinking they were by posting a pic of the series banner in your post, very clever.

[/ QUOTE ]

By winning the World Series, the Red Sox have incensed the Yankees fans enough to even out what used to be a one sided rivalry. Following your logic, the rivalry is still very one sided based upon a whole bunch of Yankees World Series victories from a long time ago.

Voltron87
04-28-2005, 10:48 AM
right now it is obviously not a one sided rivalry. when nyy won all those ws's in the 90s it was one sided.

mostsmooth
04-28-2005, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
right now it is obviously not a one sided rivalry. when nyy won all those ws's in the 90s it was one sided.

[/ QUOTE ]
every now and then some donk hits a one outer,the sox finally hit a miracle. if they do it again, i would think theres some merit to the nononesidedness discussion.

Voltron87
04-28-2005, 11:03 AM
the last two alcs's have gone 7. how can you not say it is a good rivalry right now?

daryn
04-28-2005, 11:06 AM
the last two alcs's have gone 7. how can you not say it is a good rivalry right now?

[/ QUOTE ]

easy, he's an idiot.

sounds like a new jersey yankees fan, clearly the worst breed.

JeffO
04-28-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't care if this has been posted today, but this muthafucka's pompous ass has gotten me to my breaking point. Yeah, we all know you and the Big Ugly beat the Yanks in Arizona. Then you switch over to Boston and immediately emerse yourself in the Yankees/Sox rivalry, one which you had little part of until last year. But that didn't stop you from getting all the press....no, nothing can stop you from getting press, you love it, you are a attention whore. But whatever, you like to be a douche, thats fine, it makes me hate you, but thats fine, its sports, this hatred was more spirited in nature. But now....now...you have the audacity to, while your on the DL no less, to go after LOU. Of course, this makes sense, the attention has been shifting away from you so you must do something drastic, bold, and uber-bitchass-ish. You call out Lou MuthaFuckinIwillthrowaBaseAtYou Piniella. You say he is the reason the D-Rays lose 100 games a year, and say he has lost touch with baseball. Well you know what Curt, [censored] YOU!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE YOUR ANKLE DEVELOPS LEPROSY AND YOUR SHOULDER FALLS OFF, YOU ASS HOLE. I TRUELY HATE YOU.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. I hate that pr*ck

mostsmooth
04-28-2005, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont hate the sox any more than i have for the past 27 years or so. them winning a title doesnt make me hate them more. rivalry and onesidedness are two different things in my book.

mostsmooth
04-28-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
and i never said the rivalry wasnt good

mostsmooth
04-28-2005, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

easy, he's an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]
HEY!!!

VBM
04-28-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Lou is awesome.

whats wrong with schilling saying what the enitre orginaization feels?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lou is awesome and i miss him dearly as the M's manager. I have no problem with Schilling saying what Boston's feelings are as an organization. But he took the liberty to speak for Tampa and say that Tampa's players were saying their own manager was an idiot.

Just to be clear, I think Schilling the player is a war horse and I'd love to have him in the front of a rotation. But the more I hear him speak, the more I think Schilling (the man) is a self-righteous egotistical blowhard...

SomethingClever
04-28-2005, 11:20 AM
Conclusions:

-Lou is crazy, but still the man.

-Schilling is a moran. Mostly because of his political views.

-Yankees suck.

-Red Sox suck.

-A-Rod is a moran. Mostly because of his purple lips.

-I /images/graemlins/heart.gif Barry Bonds (just kidding)

daryn
04-28-2005, 11:21 AM
do people really care about things like ego and being a blowhard? who cares about how you are off the field.

just to show i'm not just saying this to stick up for schill, i said the same thing when people were bashing barry bonds for the same reasons... and i hate barry bonds! not because of some dumb thing like ego, i just hate the juice baby.

but seriously, who cares if you are an [censored] off the field. just play the game and win.

SomethingClever
04-28-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i said the same thing when people were bashing barry bonds for the same reasons... and i hate barry bonds!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill Brasky hated Mexicans. And he was part Mexican! And he hated irony!

To Bill Brasky!

Lazymeatball
04-28-2005, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct, and coincidentally, the point I was making.

andyfox
04-28-2005, 11:33 AM
Maybe, don't remember. I do know Ted Williams once told Lou that for a guy who knows absolutely nothing about hitting, you're a pretty good hitter.

sublime
04-28-2005, 11:36 AM
But he took the liberty to speak for Tampa and say that Tampa's players were saying their own manager was an idiot.

do you think a tampa player said that?

one thing i know is the sox have had probelms (as in bean balls, especially head hunting) with tampa since lou has been there.

Shajen
04-28-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bill Brasky hated Mexicans. And he was part Mexican! And he hated irony!

To Bill Brasky!

[/ QUOTE ]

"Bill Brasky is a son of a bitch!"

"Bill Brasky is the father of every kid in this town!"

"Bill Brasky once showed me a video of him making love to my wife, and it was the most beautiful thing I ever saw!"

"One time I was with Brasky in the back of a pickup truck, along with a live deer. Brasky goes up to the deer and says, 'I'm Bill Brasky! SAY IT!' Then he manipulates the deer's lips in such a way as to make it say, 'Billbrasky' ... It wasn't exactly like it, but it was pretty good for a deer!'"

"He'd eat a homeless person if you dared him!"

"His poop is used as currency in Argentina."

"He sweats Gatorade"

"He once breast-fed a flamingo back to health."

"I once saw him scissor kick Angela Landsbury."

"He sheds his skin once a year."

"He makes brooms somewhere in Georgia."

"He did 3 tours in 'Nam...... I was in Corpus Christi on business a month ago. I had this eight foot tall Asian waiter, which made me curious. I asked him his name. Sure enough it's Ho Tran Brasky!"

To Bill Brasky!

mostsmooth
04-28-2005, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
it must be onesided now, over the past 1 year, the sox have won a world series, yanks havent

Pocket Trips
04-28-2005, 11:57 AM
Gotta love the yankee-haters... its part of what makes being a yankee fan so great. The fact that the yankees win and have done so consistently for decades has made every other fan so jealous that they have to start blaming it on every off the field issue they can think of.

My favorite is when fans bitch about how much money the yankees have to spend on players. The Yankees have won for decades because they have consistantly had better personel both on the field and in scouting and general managers not because of any curse or because they were granted more money. They have won because they have played better and made smarter personel decisions not because they have more money. In the 40's and 50's when there was no such thing as free agents the yankees were consistently winning because they were a better organization with better scouts which led to better winning records which in turn led to better attendance and world series appearances.

The Dodgers and Giants could not compete and left town not because Stienbrenner was spending millions on free agents but because they didn't have the organizational ability to compete in the same city so they left for areas where there was no competition.

In the late 70's Steinbrenner was one of the 1st to see the era of free agency for what it was, a players market, and enticed the better players to come to NY. Most other owners were slow to react to the changing landscape of baseball and their teams' results reflected that. Just like every other business in baseball you have to spend money to make money.

Theo Epstein was the 1st Boston GM to realize that he had to beat the Yankees at their own game by competing for Free Agents and trading future prospects for short term results. All you Boston fans bitching about the money the yankees have spent better look at you own payroll. It is smaller than ours but wil not be for long.

I am actually almost glad the sox won last year. It actually makes it seem like the rivalry can live up to the hype now. It was hard to get excited about a rivalry with a team you have beaten like a dog for 86 years.

Red sox fans win one world series and think they own the yankees. Now THAT is funny.

It is still 26 to 1 since the babe was traded.

The best part of this whole thead is the whole "all those world series decades ago don't matter" Talk to your grandparents and see if they mattered to them. Face the facts. Your team has been beaten consistantly by a better team. The fact that the red sox are now able to compete with the yankees is great for baseball, but it does not erase 86 years of dominance.

So red sox fans congratulations on your world series win. It was hard-earned and well played, and very satisfying since you had to go through your most hated rival to get to it, but don't for a second even think you are a better franchise than the yankees.

Maybe when you make the score 26-20 we can start comparing the 2 franchises.

Lazymeatball
04-28-2005, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
it must be onesided now, over the past 1 year, the sox have won a world series, yanks havent

[/ QUOTE ]

you would base a rivalry over a single season? now that is absurd.

mostsmooth
04-28-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you would base a rivalry over a single season? now that is absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]
of course not
you, however, seem to be claiming the onesidedness is now gone because the sox won one.

kyro
04-28-2005, 01:12 PM
I'm amazed Dead isn't a huge Schilling fan. Let's see, we have a loudmouthed egotistical jackass who never shuts the hell up, and a guy who pitches for the Red Sox.

FWIW, I'm a Red Sox fan and I wish Schilling would just shut it and start pitching like a future HOFer.

kyro
04-28-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure he'd be a minority, must fans are idiots that can't think for themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything I know about the Red Sox Peter Gammons told me.

Dead
04-28-2005, 01:24 PM
Schilling should not make the hall. He's not even going to get to 200 wins, and his other stats certainly don't merit induction.

Soul Daddy
04-28-2005, 01:27 PM
I'm a huge Schilling mark, but this (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=page2/schilling/050428&amp;num=0) is pretty funny.

Jack of Arcades
04-28-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Schilling should not make the hall. He's not even going to get to 200 wins, and his other stats certainly don't merit induction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? You don't think Schilling will win 15 more games?

His Hall of Fame case rests on what he does for the rest of his career. He's just outside the Hall now, he doesn't have the career length to get in.

EDIT: Since you're such a fan of BB-ref's HOF monitor...

Black Ink: Pitching - 40 (35) (Average HOFer ~ 40)
Gray Ink: Pitching - 195 (41) (Average HOFer ~ 185)
HOF Standards: Pitching - 42.0 (59) (Average HOFer ~ 50)
HOF Monitor: Pitching - 151.0 (40) (Likely HOFer &gt; 100)

Soul Daddy
04-28-2005, 01:33 PM
His numbers are borderline, but he has to get bonus points for being a media darling. He'll get in.

sublime
04-28-2005, 01:37 PM
let me guess, mussina should?

Dead
04-28-2005, 01:38 PM
If he gets close to 300 wins then I don't know how you can keep him out.

Assuming he rebounds this season and has 1 or 2 more good ones.

Do you think that Johnny "I banged 9 women while my wife was in labor" Damon should make the HOF? I just heard this story a few minutes ago, for the first time. Forget what I said about wanting him to be our CF.

sublime
04-28-2005, 01:39 PM
Do you think that Johnny "I banged 9 women while my wife was in labor" Damon should make the HOF? I just heard this story a few minutes ago, for the first time. Forget what I said about wanting him to be our CF.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Soul Daddy
04-28-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Johnny "I banged 9 women while my wife was in labor" Damon

[/ QUOTE ]
In labor? That's a nice rush. Was it at the same time?

Dead
04-28-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

What, it's not true? My friend had his book that he wrote and showed me chapter 3.

Jack of Arcades
04-28-2005, 01:42 PM
Funny you should mention Moose, they're roughly equal in value over their careers... Curt's got the advantage, but, of course, he's older by a small bit.

Uston
04-28-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...says the douchebag who thinks Mike Mussina will get in.

Jack of Arcades
04-28-2005, 01:47 PM
Tommy John - 288 wins,
Bert Blyleven - 287 wins, and
Jim Kaat - 283 wins

all say "Hi!"

Voltron87
04-28-2005, 01:50 PM
mussina is going to have to have one hell of a finish to make it in the HOF.

Bulldog
04-28-2005, 01:52 PM
He made himself the face of the first Red Sox team in 80+ years to win a championship. This, combined with his part in breaking up the Yankees' run of four titles in five years, and his media accessibility, got him in the Hall last October. It's a done deal. If it is not, getting the last few wins to get to 200 career will clinch it.

sublime
04-28-2005, 01:54 PM
no i believe it. i find it funny that you affix a moral cluase all of a sudden whrn the team you root for has two players under fedearl investigation. not to mention the amount of players who have reputations for being prima donna douchebags.

Soul Daddy
04-28-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no i believe it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't. Please clarify. Labor is a relatively short length of time for one to sleep with 9 women.

BigD226
04-28-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't care if this has been posted today, but this muthafucka's pompous ass has gotten me to my breaking point. Yeah, we all know you and the Big Ugly beat the Yanks in Arizona. Then you switch over to Boston and immediately emerse yourself in the Yankees/Sox rivalry, one which you had little part of until last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point? Boston got him specifically to get over the hump and win a championship, and a huge part of that was beating the Yanks. And by doing just that, he's forever entrenched in Boston sports lore, even if he never takes the mound again. Not just because he helped do it, but the WAY he did it. I'd say it worked out OK...sorry if it's still a bitter pill for you to swallow.

[ QUOTE ]
But that didn't stop you from getting all the press....no, nothing can stop you from getting press, you love it, you are a attention whore.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. Let's just completely gloss over the REASONS he got all that attention. Love him or hate him, the fact is the man put on a couple of the most memorable performances in baseball history and whether Yankee fans like it or not, it will be talked about LONG after he's gone from the game. Again, sorry if you can't handle it.

[ QUOTE ]
But whatever, you like to be a douche, thats fine, it makes me hate you, but thats fine, its sports, this hatred was more spirited in nature.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he says what he means and isn't afraid to call people out? A-holes like A-Rod, and more recently, Kruk, Magrane and Piniella? Whether you're a Boston fan or not, that actually makes a lot of people like Schilling even more.

If you want to see someone who makes a "douche" of himself every time he opens his big mouth, I'd suggest you look Sheffield's way before Schilling's. But somehow I doubt you will.

[ QUOTE ]
But now....now...you have the audacity to, while your on the DL no less, to go after LOU.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. What f'ing difference does it make if he's on the DL?

2. Fact: Lou escalated this Sox-DRays situation much higher than it would have gone on it's own.

3. Lou Piniella is a douche. Always has been. Frankly, I think it's about time that somebody called a spade a spade.

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, this makes sense, the attention has been shifting away from you so you must do something drastic, bold, and uber-bitchass-ish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like order your pitchers to throw at the head and knees of the stars on the opposing team because they hit home runs? No wait...that was Lou.

Call me crazy, but I think the simple fact of Schilling going on the DL gets him plenty of attention without having to do anything else. In fact, he already has plenty of attention wherever he goes and whatever he does, because of what he's accomplished.

Your arguments smack of childish jealousy and seething frustration and hatred over the way Schilling OWNS your team. Please, grow up and get over it.

[ QUOTE ]
You call out Lou MuthaFuckinIwillthrowaBaseAtYou Piniella.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...if that's your cute little pet name for Piniella...explain to me again how he's not an @$$hole?

[ QUOTE ]
You say he is the reason the D-Rays lose 100 games a year, and say he has lost touch with baseball. Well you know what Curt, [censored] YOU!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE YOUR ANKLE DEVELOPS LEPROSY AND YOUR SHOULDER FALLS OFF, YOU ASS HOLE. I TRUELY HATE YOU.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...this just says it all. The Yankees (and their fans).... Class. Pride. Tradition. /images/graemlins/cool.gif ROTFLMAO!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, he WILL make the Hall, just like his sock did. And he'll make it precisely because of what he did to YOUR team.

Have fun stewing over that one for the next couple of decades. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

xadrez
04-28-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am a Yankees fan and I hate Clemens, A-Rod, Sheffield, and Brown. It doesn't matter who they play for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Toro
04-28-2005, 03:39 PM
Late to the discussion and all of a sudden it's busy around here so I'm not going to read all the other responses but you got it wrong, my Yankee loving friend. Schilling didn't call LOU an idiot and the reason they lose 100 games, he only related how LOU'S players were saying that. Of course LOU held a team meeting and they all denied it. I guess Schilling was lying.

ThaSaltCracka
04-28-2005, 03:48 PM
BigD, you are a huge tool. Its clear you are a gigantic Sox fan, and really the only reason you like Schilling is because he helped Boston win a WS. If he had never came to Boston, you probably would dislike him or be indifferent torwards him. You are the one who needs to open your eyes. All you Boston guys love making heroes and goats out of all your current and former players. Its always one thing that causes it too.
[ QUOTE ]
OK. Let's just completely gloss over the REASONS he got all that attention. Love him or hate him, the fact is the man put on a couple of the most memorable performances in baseball history and whether Yankee fans like it or not, it will be talked about LONG after he's gone from the game. Again, sorry if you can't handle it.

[/ QUOTE ]
well no [censored], this is what you putz's do, Buckner for example, half you dipshits hate him, and after Boston won, there was plenty of press about how Buckner is forgiven. Forgiven for what??? Well [censored] off you bitch ass Boston dick riders. There are more than a few true fans on here, who what I said doesn't apply, but I can't say the same about you.

As for Sheff, I hate the fucker, and I hate A-Rod. I think both are greedy ass holes, and hopefully NY doesn't win with them. They don't deserve it.

[ QUOTE ]

Like order your pitchers to throw at the head and knees of the stars on the opposing team because they hit home runs? No wait...that was Lou.

[/ QUOTE ] And you have proof of this how? Do you think this because your golden faggot Schilling said so??? I am guessing you listen to everything he says and eat it up with the same spoon you eat his ass out with. Lou does not do this, no manager in the entire MLB does this. Managers do tell their players to throw at players, but never to the head or knee. That is part of that game, so you need to deal with it. Also, Tampa is an incredibly young team with young pitchers that are wild. Did Curt hit a lot of people early in his career? How about RJ? Answe is yes.

[ QUOTE ]
Have fun stewing over that one for the next couple of decades.

[/ QUOTE ] okay, cool, NY will probably win 5 or 6 over that span, Boston, maybe 1.

ThaSaltCracka
04-28-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Late to the discussion and all of a sudden it's busy around here so I'm not going to read all the other responses but you got it wrong, my Yankee loving friend. Schilling didn't call LOU an idiot and the reason they lose 100 games, he only related how LOU'S players were saying that. Of course LOU held a team meeting and they all denied it. I guess Schilling was lying.

[/ QUOTE ]Dude, let me put it this way, I don't know if he was lying or not(me thinks he was exaggerating), but regardless, you don't go on radio and make a comment like that under any circumstances. Its a total bush league move and makes him look like he wants the PR.

Voltron87
04-28-2005, 03:51 PM
I liked it how Schilling was all like "Oh yeah one of Tampa Bay's players told me on the field that they didn't like Pinella" and the reporter was like "Who?" and Schilling was like "ummm... next question.".

Toro
04-28-2005, 03:54 PM
I would tend to agree with you except for one thing. The pitch that missed David Ortiz's head by inches. That's where LOU crossed the line.

ThaSaltCracka
04-28-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would tend to agree with you except for one thing. The pitch that missed David Ortiz's head by inches. That's where LOU crossed the line.

[/ QUOTE ]How so? You honestly think Lou told his pitcher to throw at his head?

Dead
04-28-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and hopefully NY doesn't win with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

You don't want NY to win another World Series for the next 5 years?

ThaSaltCracka
04-28-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a huge Schilling mark, but this (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=page2/schilling/050428&amp;num=0) is pretty funny.

[/ QUOTE ]I found this hilarious as well, simply because I could picture him actually saying these things.

ThaSaltCracka
04-28-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and hopefully NY doesn't win with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

You don't want NY to win another World Series for the next 5 years?

[/ QUOTE ]I hate those two fuckers a lot, but mostly its because of A-Rod.

Toro
04-28-2005, 03:57 PM
Absolutely and you're naive if you think he didn't.

Dead
04-28-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I found this hilarious as well, simply because I could picture him actually saying these things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Writes Schilling, "When one begins balding, it's best to try to hide it by still spiking up your hair '80s-style."

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2planka
04-28-2005, 03:59 PM
Haven't waded through all the posts.

I am a Red Sox fan.

I am also a Lou Pinella fan (he's of the Earl Weaver, Billy Martin, Casey school of quotesmithing).

I wish Schilling would STFU.

He has been ubiquitous here in MA. Worse than Pedro was with all his whining. From day one when he started posting on SOSH, he only opens his yap to massage his own ego. It was barely tolerable when he was performing. Now I'm afraid that he'll share his opinions with us even more since he's on the shelf.

ThaSaltCracka
04-28-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Absolutely and you're naive if you think he didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]no I am not.

ThaSaltCracka
04-28-2005, 04:03 PM
you sir, are the proper type of fan.

2planka
04-28-2005, 04:06 PM
Oh, and drilling players and getting drilled is part of the game. Sorry, but that's how it is.

For the record, I still play baseball (hardball, not softball), and have been drilled intentionally quite often. Shake yourself off, trot down to 1B, and don't let the pitcher know it hurts. Don't even let him know it bothered you at all. Then give a nod to your team's pitcher and it will all work itself out.

I had 3 hits in one game off one of the better pitchers in my league. Next time I faced him this is where his first pitch ended up.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/wormtowne/drilled.jpg

He got one to match. Nuff said.

Voltron87
04-28-2005, 04:08 PM
ow.

i agree. throwing at the head is uncalled for though.

Toro
04-28-2005, 04:28 PM
Agree completely as long as they drill you where you got drilled. But headhunting is just wrong for obvious reasons.

ThaSaltCracka
04-28-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Agree completely as long as they drill you where you got drilled. But headhunting is just wrong for obvious reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]of course head hunting is wrong. IMO, the one that got close to Ortiz's head wasn't as bad as people think. Ortiz is usually right on top of the plate so any inside pitch is close to hitting him. Its like Carl Everett getting pissed whenever someone hits him. I mean, dude, you are basically on the plate.

Voltron87
04-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Reminds me of Manny starting the big fight over the high pitch over the plate in the 2003 ALCS.

Toro
04-28-2005, 04:43 PM
Maybe you're looking at it with yankee colored glasses and I'm looking at it with red sox colored glasses but that pitch looked like it was right at his head to me. Nothing at all like the Manny one cited by volture.

Voltron87
04-28-2005, 04:47 PM
I haven't seen the video of Ortiz getting thrown at so I can't comment. TSC saying it wasn't close reminded me of Manny.

Schilling has been so bush league about this, especially with saying TB players told him they hated Pinella and then not answering when asked who.

ThaSaltCracka
04-28-2005, 04:48 PM
bah, maybe we are. Who knows, maybe the pitcher decided to throw at his dome, but to accuse Lou of calling that, wow, thats ridiculous.

Toro
04-28-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bah, maybe we are. Who knows, maybe the pitcher decided to throw at his dome, but to accuse Lou of calling that, wow, thats ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get me wrong, I like Lou. He's Italian, fiery and colorful. But the guy has a bad temper and if you think he's not capable of doing that, you are naive.

BigD226
04-28-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its clear you are a gigantic Sox fan

[/ QUOTE ]

And proudly so.

[ QUOTE ]
and really the only reason you like Schilling is because he helped Boston win a WS. If he had never came to Boston, you probably would dislike him or be indifferent torwards him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I've liked him for several years which made it all the better when he came to Boston.

Did you have such pathetic, juvenile revulsion for him before the 2001 WS? Before he was traded to Boston?

Doubt it.

[ QUOTE ]
You are the one who needs to open your eyes. All you Boston guys love making heroes and goats out of all your current and former players. Its always one thing that causes it too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Truly, I am blown away by your ability to make sweeping statements followed by mindless gibberish to back it up.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
well no [censored], this is what you putz's do, Buckner for example, half you dipshits hate him, and after Boston won, there was plenty of press about how Buckner is forgiven. Forgiven for what???

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you got me here. If anyone can decipher this, please do share...

[ QUOTE ]
Well [censored] off you bitch ass Boston dick riders.

[/ QUOTE ]

There it is! I knew it was coming.

Class (excuse me... world class). Pride. Tradition. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
There are more than a few true fans on here, who what I said doesn't apply, but I can't say the same about you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most "true fans" I know would be insulted to have someone like you telling them they are a true fan. But, whatever...

[ QUOTE ]
As for Sheff, I hate the fucker, and I hate A-Rod. I think both are greedy ass holes, and hopefully NY doesn't win with them. They don't deserve it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to see we can agree on one thing, at least.

[ QUOTE ]
And you have proof of this how? Do you think this because your golden faggot Schilling said so??? I am guessing you listen to everything he says and eat it up with the same spoon you eat his ass out with. Lou does not do this, no manager in the entire MLB does this.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I was gonna loan you that "spoon" because you obviously need something to help dislodge your head out from up your ass, but now you're on your own.

[ QUOTE ]
okay, cool, NY will probably win 5 or 6 over that span, Boston, maybe 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, with your raped farm system and albatross contracts to cheaters, head cases, and washed up dinosaurs.

Keep drinking that George kool-aid...everything will be all right.

BigD226
04-28-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't get me wrong, I like Lou. He's Italian, fiery and colorful. But the guy has a bad temper and if you think he's not capable of doing that, you are naive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beyond naive.

I know Lou has his fans, but he's a punk. He reminds me of that stereotypical estranged, drunken old man that nobody likes because he's an a$$hole to everyone and bitter about life.

ThaSaltCracka
04-28-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Beyond naive.

I know Lou has his fans, but he's a punk. He reminds me of that stereotypical estranged, drunken old man that nobody likes because he's an a$$hole to everyone and bitter about life.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Truly, I am blown away by your ability to make sweeping statements followed by mindless gibberish to back it up.

[/ QUOTE ]