PDA

View Full Version : Fear the Monster?

MJL
04-27-2005, 10:28 PM
Pacific Poker $3/$6
Hero A/images/graemlins/heart.gifA/images/graemlins/club.gif raise and all fold to CO (VIP 56%, prflp 21% agg factor 4.2). CO 3bet its heads up I call. I know he is agg so I will call and allow him to throw bets at me.
Flop: 7.3sb
Q/images/graemlins/club.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet he raised I 3bet he capped. I have seen him bluff a lot so I know I'm going to the river. My 3bet was to shut him down if he had a J or KK etc. His cap got me real nervous.
Turn:7.5BB
Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Heres the big question(s). I was going to check call but whats the odds he has the other Q now? How aggressive would you get? Would it be a mistake to go full steam and hope for a big pair?

jluker7
04-27-2005, 10:31 PM
umm, your thinking backwards, a lag wouldn't cap this flop.
they wait till the turn.
ur ahead

Harv72b
04-27-2005, 10:33 PM
This is a case of outsmarting yourself preflop, I think--he isn't at all out of line if he's betting up a paired J or underpair on the flop, not putting you on an overpair & finding it unlikely that you hit the Q.

When the 3rd Q hits on the turn, I'm going full bore until it's capped. If he caps the turn and raises my river bet, I'll just call.

Pokey
04-27-2005, 11:03 PM
AK plays this way.
KK plays this way.
AJ plays this way.

Chances are you're way ahead. There's a slim chance he's got the Q, but this guy's mega-aggro, anyways; you can't give him credit. Raise it up every chance you get.

Yobz
04-28-2005, 12:09 AM
That flop call to the 3-bet is a little too tricky...this is pacfic, you can show him your AA and he will most likely cap with his 72o

MJL
04-28-2005, 08:23 AM
Thanks for your thoughts. He had KQ but I capped every street. I got it back soon enough but wanted to evaluate my play.