PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION! NETELLER WANTS YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER

11-15-2002, 05:43 AM
it didnt affect me since i signed up 2 weeks ago. heard it got change few days back to comply with 'THE PATRIOTS ACT'wtf is that???? does anyone know? whats does online gaming have to do with that. i am afraid we are slowly losing our privacy and freedom. things that make this country great.

Jim Kuhn
11-15-2002, 11:53 AM
As Netteller is based in Canada I would not think they have to comply with the US Patriot Act. Maybe someone will clarify but I will supply my limited knowledge of the Patriot's Act.

The Patriot's Act or 'anti-terrorism act' was created to prevent money laundering via financial institutions. There are two parts that will be enacted. One is by the US Justice Department and the other is by the Securities and Exchange Commission. These acts will require additional information from customers to aid in the detection of money laundering and tranfers to promote terrorism.

There was an October 25th 2002 deadline? This deadline to comply was extended but a new date has not been announced. I think the deadline will be sometime in February. These statements are true to the best of my knowledge. Hopefully someone else may clarify further.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4U

yct
11-15-2002, 06:56 PM
I'm glad I registered earlier so I did not have to give them my SSN. However, I don't see why they need such personal info in order for you to open an account there?

If they had to require SSN, then I proably would not bother to sign up with them.