PDA

View Full Version : Steal or for real?

MJL
04-27-2005, 10:00 PM
The opponent is slightly loose and aggressive. Figured him for a steal.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: MJL is SB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MJL calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MJL checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MJL raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MJL bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, MJL calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MJL bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, MJL calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

I'm thinking I should have check called the river. Your thoughts on the hand?

Harv72b
04-27-2005, 10:08 PM
If you figure him for a steal (and you're often right in this situation), 3-bet preflop. You don't want the BB coming along for cheap with a crap A or small pockets, especially if you do have a better hand than CO. You also want to send the message that you don't give away your blinds cheaply.

As far as postflop, I don't know. I'm not willing to give CO credit for a turned flush, and it's pretty unlikely that he's holding the case J with a better kicker. So it basically comes down to TT or 44 that you're worried about. Without a great read on villian I like your line...good compromise between win the max &amp; lose the minimum.

toss
04-27-2005, 10:21 PM
You should usually 3-bet PF since you probably have a better hand and it'll slow him down in his blind steal attempts.

The way you played it I like the flop CR. I wouldn't put villain on a flush unless he caps my 3-bet on the turn. And even then he might have a weaker J.