PDA

View Full Version : Am I racist?

naphinfitos
04-27-2005, 09:42 PM
Based on the following statements:

1. There is something unsettleing about Flava Flav, and it isn't related to his choice in women.

2. The yin yang twins piss me off beyond belief. They have no right to have so much money.

3. The way some black women inflect their voices makes me want to pull my hair out.

istewart
04-27-2005, 09:42 PM
We all are. Welcome to the club. Take a seat in the colored section /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tron
04-27-2005, 09:43 PM
Yes.

stankybank
04-27-2005, 09:44 PM
Do you find the same behaviors in other races annoying as well?

naphinfitos
04-27-2005, 09:46 PM
That's just the thing, I can't think of a white version of either Flava or the twins to compare with.

jon593
04-27-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's just the thing, I can't think of a white version of either Flava or the twins to compare with.

[/ QUOTE ]

you want racist? come out here to the berkshires. everyone is racist out here

Soul Daddy
04-27-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
http://photoblog.nl/carmen/images/000/568/568033.jpg

naphinfitos
04-27-2005, 10:03 PM
Im actually from Northampton, so not far away.

ibankonu
04-27-2005, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

2. The yin yang twins piss me off beyond belief. They have no right to have so much money.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be racist, but this statment doesn't prove it. Hell, after watching their episode of cribs, I don't think they deserve to be breathing oxygen that could keep a dying puppy alive, let alone to have the millions of dollars they have.

daryn
04-27-2005, 10:30 PM
i guess i am racist too /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Dead
04-27-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But you're from Massachusetts.

You get a pass. Same as the OP.

daryn
04-27-2005, 10:32 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

You get a pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't get it, please explain sir.

Voltron87
04-27-2005, 10:34 PM
A lot of black people would agree with you about all three points.

To have these sort of "pet peeves" about races do not make you a racist. Think of it this way: would you hate a white version of the ying yang twins?

Dead
04-27-2005, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You get a pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It means that Massachusetts is so full of racists that it's not like you can help it.

Talk2BigSteve
04-27-2005, 10:42 PM
I live in Mississippi and I see it all the time here but I think it is everywhere, for example:

You are the passenger in a car, and someone in another car does something stupid that almost causes an accident, The driver yells.........

In Mississippi(Where I now Live)
"F'ing N-word"

In Dallas,TX (Where I use to Live)
F'ing Mexicans"

So what do you say when you are behind the wheel...

I normally say something like "Stupid F'ing C-unt" or something along those lines.

Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Dead
04-27-2005, 10:48 PM
So you replace a black slur with a female slur. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Not that I haven't said c*nt on occasion.

Blarg
04-27-2005, 10:58 PM
It's probably more cultural than racial. Most people tend to favor or exaggerate how good their race or ethnic or social group's way of doing things is even if it doesn't really deserve it, and likewise not warm up to the way other people do things all that easily. It's just human nature, and whether you're dumb or smart, a vicious racist or a really swell guy, that will still be the norm. There's nothing wrong with it really, as long as you don't mistake personal preference or bias with any kind of unassailable absolute standard.

daryn
04-27-2005, 10:59 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

You get a pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It means that Massachusetts is so full of racists that it's not like you can help it.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? like who? i don't get it i guess. how is MA notorious for racism?

Dead
04-27-2005, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You get a pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Boston, specifically.

link (http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=boston+and+racism&amp;sm=Yahoo%21+Search&amp;fr=F P-tab-web-t&amp;toggle=1)

jakethebake
04-27-2005, 11:02 PM
i have no idea who flava flav (rapper i'm guessing?)or yin yang twins (chinese celebrities?) are, but i voted no.

daryn
04-27-2005, 11:04 PM
oh i see. so it has to do with the owner of a baseball team 45 years ago? perfectly clear, dead.

bosoxfan
04-27-2005, 11:07 PM
who are the yin yang twins?

istewart
04-27-2005, 11:08 PM
I don't think modern Boston has the same image that Boston of past years did, but I believe as far as big cities are concerned it is incredibly racist.

Dan Shaughnessy went on at length about this on ESPN last year, IIRC.

SackUp
04-27-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are being serious, then you are a lucky, lucky man.

Dead
04-27-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think modern Boston has the same image that Boston of past years did, but I believe as far as big cities are concerned it is incredibly racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.

I think Daryn missed the point entirely.

daryn
04-27-2005, 11:13 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

"incredibly racist"

i think terms like that are reserved for places with klan meetings and such.

daryn
04-27-2005, 11:14 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.

I think Daryn missed the point entirely.

[/ QUOTE ]

what was the point? that a baseball team's owner didn't allow black players onto the team until 1959? i didn't see any point because no point was made. i'm trying to understand here, not trying to defend.

tbach24
04-27-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some dudes who sang a rap song where the chorus was:

"Shake it like a salt shaka"

I think they're friends with Lil Jon

istewart
04-27-2005, 11:17 PM
Meh, fun read (http://counterpunch.org/zirin06232004.html)

bosoxfan
04-27-2005, 11:20 PM
I think sackup is right I'm lucky I don't know

daryn
04-27-2005, 11:20 PM
#1 it is well known that bonds is a complete idiot

#2 he has never been to boston and is relying solely on the word of his father, who knows how long ago his father's experiences are coming from?

istewart
04-27-2005, 11:23 PM
Bonds didn't write the article.

jon593
04-27-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Meh, fun read (http://counterpunch.org/zirin06232004.html)

[/ QUOTE ]

the part with bonds i dont really give a [censored] about im so [censored] sick of that [censored] i hope he [censored] blows out his knee the first game back and is forced to retire.

now with that said i have to say i never heard anything about bill russle being disrespected he is only 1 of the best basketball players of all time. Tommy heinsohn is very respectalbe and dont think he would make that [censored] up he is always telling stories about the celtics teams back in the day but never heard anything like this about russle

daryn
04-27-2005, 11:25 PM
btw that metco gorilla thing was funny as hell

daryn
04-27-2005, 11:26 PM
Bonds didn't write the article.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa, for real? i thought he did freelance work as a reporter.

Dead
04-27-2005, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Proving my point. Massachusetts is lily-white.

daryn
04-27-2005, 11:30 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

Proving my point. Massachusetts is lily-white.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah dead i guess you are right. i am pretty racist. i live in massachusetts too. damn, you are so right. you are so smart! everyone here likes you too. i like you.
<font color="white"> everything i have said above is the exact opposite of the truth. (except for where i live)</font>

lu_hawk
04-27-2005, 11:34 PM
appropriately racist.

Blarg
04-28-2005, 12:03 AM
Anecdote about a guy from Boston, who said so many racist things I couldn't count them all -- "I'm not a racist," he said. "I just don't like ni_ _ ers." Boston is actually fairly famous for its racism, going back to the days of the uproar there over forced bussing to integrate the schools.

JaBlue
04-28-2005, 12:06 AM
Maybe you're not a racist but you're an idiot.

black people have soul. reocgnize that.

first off, flavor flav is tight. period.

secondly, the yin yang twins are pretty cool too.

lastly Black women are very powerful. that's just the way they are, man.

Yobz
04-28-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
http://photoblog.nl/carmen/images/000/568/568033.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I have a new background...

bwana devil
04-28-2005, 12:25 AM
are you racist? i don't know. some people are annoying no matter what their skin color is.

Talk2BigSteve
04-28-2005, 12:57 AM
That is not what I mean, I mean everyone has something that makes them hate someone else, so if it is nor racism, sexism, etc. oh well it is something else.

In a philosophy class I took there was a quote by someone I forget who that said something to the effect of "If we woke up tomorrow and were all the same height, skin color, eye color, hair color, etc. we would find a reason to hate each other before lunch."

I think that is very true.

Dead
04-28-2005, 01:00 AM
Ah, ok.

Is that mouse in your picture running because it just saw you? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Talk2BigSteve
04-28-2005, 01:04 AM
I buy alot of crazy t-shirts, some of which I get for this website, I am the proud owner of this one in a 4XL...I even wore it to college one day and got a ton of looks and a few laughs.

T-Shirt Hell (http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=145)

Dead
04-28-2005, 01:08 AM
4XL?

XXXXL?

Jeeez you are huge. I wear a medium.

Talk2BigSteve
04-28-2005, 01:14 AM
LOL I have changed my avatar about a dozen times because people bitched and moaned. I am keeping this one for a while.

ShawnHoo
04-28-2005, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be racist, but this statment doesn't prove it. Hell, after watching their episode of cribs, I don't think they deserve to be breathing oxygen that could keep a dying puppy alive, let alone to have the millions of dollars they have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who says money goes to those who particularly deserve it? Some of the smartest people I know are broke, and some of the biggest morons I know have a great deal of money.

It'll be interesting to see how much these guys have left in a few years, though.

Blarg
04-28-2005, 05:25 AM
OMG that shirt would get you killed in so many places. Funny as hell though.

mmbt0ne
04-28-2005, 05:39 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="white">Dead won't last 2 minutes before spouting off.</font>
John Kerry

Lazymeatball
04-28-2005, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You get a pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Boston, specifically.

link (http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=boston+and+racism&amp;sm=Yahoo%21+Search&amp;fr=F P-tab-web-t&amp;toggle=1)

[/ QUOTE ]

Your link means nothing compared to my link (http://www.google.com/search?q=new+york+and+racism&amp;sourceid=mozilla-search&amp;start=0&amp;start=0&amp;ie=utf-8&amp;oe=utf-8&amp;client=firefox-a&amp;rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official)

Notice the amount of hits, and then when you come back to argue why certain hits are more important than other hits you will realize why your original post proved absolutely nothing.

I don't understand the point that you are trying to make. You are trying to say that people from massachusetts are racist. racist compared to what, the rest of the country? Is mass the most racist state of them all, more racist than texas, or alabama, or idaho. And then to prove your point you offer up anecdotal evidence about a sports team from 50 years ago.

I'm not even opposed to your argument that massachusetts is more racist than the rest of the country, it could be true, I dunno, but your arguments supporting your claims are, to quote Daryn, "piss poor."

asofel
04-28-2005, 09:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i have no idea who flava flav (rapper i'm guessing?)or yin yang twins (chinese celebrities?) are, but i voted no.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is hilariously off the mark...

KaneKungFu123
04-28-2005, 10:04 AM
i guess youre over paying $25 for a cotton t-shirt for the words printed on the front, right?

[ QUOTE ]
I buy alot of crazy t-shirts, some of which I get for this website, I am the proud owner of this one in a 4XL...I even wore it to college one day and got a ton of looks and a few laughs.

T-Shirt Hell (http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=145)

[/ QUOTE ]

daryn
04-28-2005, 10:19 AM
I'm not even opposed to your argument that massachusetts is more racist than the rest of the country, it could be true, I dunno, but your arguments supporting your claims are, to quote Daryn, "piss poor."

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that's what i was trying to say. it's not like i am offended because i live here and i am trying desparately to defend my city. i just want to hear some facts.

orange
04-28-2005, 11:42 AM
Flava Flav is dumb as hell. And I don't think the yin yang twins could speak a sensible sentence if they tried.

They're both highly ignorant.

Gary Stevenson
04-28-2005, 01:42 PM
Hi mr. Fitos, are you at all related to bobbofitos???
I do not think you are a racist, however I do think you are a huge 4F...
Keep up the good posting streak and you just might catch up to your idols...*sigh* tbach24 and Bobbofitos
ps. Dubness1 is the greatest NLH player of all time, far superior to Zelijostocko.
good day

jakethebake
04-28-2005, 01:45 PM
This ranting gibberish was your first post? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hi mr. Fitos, are you at all related to bobbofitos???
I do not think you are a racist, however I do think you are a huge 4F...
Keep up the good posting streak and you just might catch up to your idols...*sigh* tbach24 and Bobbofitos
ps. Dubness1 is the greatest NLH player of all time, far superior to Zelijostocko.
good day

[/ QUOTE ]

Duke
04-28-2005, 01:56 PM
The neat thing is that I can say similar things about every race, including my own. Hell, I can say it about every nationality. Including my own.

I'm Humanist, I guess. I hate them.

~D

Wes ManTooth
04-28-2005, 02:20 PM
what place is more racist? NY or Boston? is this REALLY being discussed? has OOT hit an all time low?

New topic... Road Island... neither a road nor and island... discuss

drewjustdrew
04-28-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what place is more racist? NY or Boston? is this REALLY being discussed? has OOT hit an all time low?

New topic... Road Island... neither a road nor and island... discuss

[/ QUOTE ]

Wes ManTooth... neither witty nor funny