PDA

View Full Version : biggest pot i've played yet...river play

balkii
04-27-2005, 08:49 PM
10/20 6 ahnded

villian is on tilt because i rivered a flush against him 2 hands ago with T8s against his AA. he checked behind the river HU when the flush card hit.

A /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif UTG, I raise, Villian CCs,unknown CCs OTB, 3 handed

flop A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet , villian raises, button calls, I 3-bet, villian caps, BTN calls, I call.

I am putting villian on a flush draw most likely right now.

turn Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, villian bets, BTN calls, I checkraise, villian 3-bets, BTN calls, I cap.

I start thinking maybe he has a set?

river 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

[censored]

I lead, villian raises, BTN calls, can I 3-bet here or what?

he might have flush. but 3-betting the turn with the flus draw, they usually slow down by then. with the combo of the button padding the pot and a chance of me misreading, can I 3-bet here?

foldem
04-27-2005, 08:57 PM
I don't think you can three bet with the button still in there.

JohnnyHumongous
04-27-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you can three bet with the button still in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my thought too... button would likely play a club draw this way (passively while you two guys go at it).

The more I think about it though, I would 3-bet. Button coldcalling with Ax of some sort and then clutching it for dear life is not an unusual sight at 10/20, ditto for 2 pair or lower set... and you have a lot of ways you can be beating the maniac, who would have to be on super-mega tilt to coldcall and cap the flop and turn with a flush draw lower than A high.

Results: hero 3-bets, villain caps and all call, villain tables 57 clubs to beat AA and AQ /images/graemlins/grin.gif