PDA

View Full Version : Fold AK here?

Scuba Chuck
04-27-2005, 08:22 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP1 (t1285)
MP2 (t540)
CO (t1240)
Button (t715)
Hero (t1835)
BB (t1535)
UTG (t850)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls t100, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t715 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t665, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t1330</font>, MP2 calls t440 (All-In), Hero .......

<font color="blue"> If I call, essentially, we have a 4 way allin. If I fold, I leave myself with a little over 1K in chips. There's ~ t3300 in the pot. I'm getting like 5.36:1 to call this pot</font>

Patriarch
04-27-2005, 08:44 PM
I think you should call for the odds. I am drunk atm though.

The Yugoslavian
04-27-2005, 08:46 PM
I don't see why you don't just push over the initial allin.

I also don't see how folding is an option when the action comes back around to you.

Yugoslav

raptor517
04-28-2005, 07:17 AM
umm, why did you just call the 665 instead of pushing?? poooooooooooosh. holla

Sykes
04-28-2005, 07:40 AM
This is the worst play ever. Either Push or Fold when it first gets to you. And seeing as how you have only 18BB, I can't see you folding. It's just tough luck that you probably ran into AA/KK.

Sluss
04-28-2005, 08:24 AM
I'm not even sure your worried about AA or KK here. It's more that most of your outs are probably killed by everyone elses hand and AK is terrible four way. You really should have pushed over the first raiser.

You will still be an average stack if you fold. But I would probably call.

Van Strummer
04-28-2005, 09:01 AM
Using pokerstove I get about 20% chance of winning when putting the other players on the following range:
(Didn`t put much time in the ranges, but probably not to far of.)
EP limper: AA-TT, AKs-ATs, KQs-KTs, QJs-QTs, JTs, AKo-ATo, KQo
Button pusher: AA-66, AKs-ATs, KQs-KTs, QJs-QTs, JTs, AKo-AJo
BB pusher: AA-QQ, AKs, AKo

I would probably take the safe route and fold.

Ryendal
04-28-2005, 09:09 AM
Fold, or I should play LOTO

GtrHtr
04-28-2005, 09:20 AM
I agree with the previous posters on pushing the first time around although MP2 probably played this hand even worse. I am in this pot.

pho75
04-28-2005, 02:03 PM
Of all three options when the action first comes to you, fold, call, or push, I think that calling was by far the worst.

MP2 is NOT folding so at best you are going to play your AKo 3-way, not good. Also, the BB has yet to be heard from which add to the possibility of a 4-way pot.

If for some reason you think that you must play this pot then I believe you should have pushed. That would greatly reduce the possibilty of a 4-way pot and slightly add to the remote possibilty of MP2 folding. However, even by pushing you are most likley going to play 3-way.

I think the best way to play your AKo would have been to fold. Someone would have busted out or been left in a hopeless chip position which would have brought you one step closer to winning.

If I had played the hand as you did and was faced with that call, I would probably fold. I wouln't be thinking about the 5-1 odds on my call. I would reason that a call here would be for the whole tournament. If I lose I'm out, and it I win I would have enough chips that I would most likely win the whole thing.

If I fold, then one, two or perhaps three player will be eliminated and I will still be left with just enough chips to play with.

gumpzilla
04-28-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If I had played the hand as you did and was faced with that call, I would probably fold. I wouln't be thinking about the 5-1 odds on my call. I would reason that a call here would be for the whole tournament. If I lose I'm out, and it I win I would have enough chips that I would most likely win the whole thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scuba's the big stack and will still have 2.5 BBs or so if he calls and loses. It's not a lot but it's substantially better than nothing and makes a pretty big difference to my mind as to whether to call here or not.

Scuba, I doubt you're going to be dominated all that often. What is more likely is that you're going to be up against a lower pair but missing outs, as others will be holding various As and Ks. I agree with the masses that pushing when it got to you to discourage this kind of action made more sense, but I don't think you can fold this here. Even if you're up against KK and missing an A you're probably still getting good enough odds to call and hit a two outer at this point.