PDA

View Full Version : Flush draws and implied odds

FreakDaddy
04-27-2005, 07:55 PM
As I'm moving up I figured I needed to get a little more precise on my flush draw calcuations. A standard four flush getting 4.1:1 I always called on the flop if I was getting 3:1 or even slightly under that considering the implied odds. Question: What's a more exact way of calculating this assuming 'typical' party poker conditions and what range of odds to you guys call with?

handsome
04-27-2005, 08:04 PM
You have to realize that implied odds is dependent on reads and stack sizes. In other words, it's the likelihood of your opponent paying you off when you hit that determines higher implied odds. So in some cases, calling a bet when you have 1:1 pot odds may be correct.

FreakDaddy
04-27-2005, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have to realize that implied odds is dependent on reads and stack sizes. In other words, it's the likelihood of your opponent paying you off when you hit that determines higher implied odds. So in some cases, calling a bet when you have 1:1 pot odds may be correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, I understand this. I guess I should edit the post and state, under 'typical' conditions.