PDA

View Full Version : I am the worst/greatest player ever...you choose.

PokerBob
04-27-2005, 07:46 PM
Hijack here is a TAG who IMO was trying to steal. Button is a massive retarded.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6.66 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, MP3 folds.

River: (8.66 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 9.66 BB

GET SOMEONE OUT HERE WHO CAN GUARD ME!!!!!

Argus
04-27-2005, 07:49 PM
nh

Just so you know, I consider betting that river as standard as Clarkmeister's theorem. You can name it after me if I'm the first to think of it.

SmileyEH
04-27-2005, 07:51 PM
fold preflop. after that is fine. There is no way to know whether the TAG is stealing or not, all you know is that he has a range of hands-and 55 doesn't do too well against them.

-SmileyEH

JinX11
04-27-2005, 07:56 PM
nh

Did you show??? Had almost the same situation occur with pocket dueces. Of course, I showed. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 5.75 BB

SmileyEH
04-27-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nh

Did you show??? Had almost the same situation occur with pocket dueces. Of course, I showed. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 5.75 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

You better have a damn good read on your opponent for being a straightforward TAG, otherwise that is a clear checkfold on the turn.

-SmileyEH

Harv72b
04-27-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You better have a damn good read on your opponent for being a straightforward TAG, otherwise that is a clear checkfold on the turn.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

That hand is as standard as they come, IMO. The PFR is more often going to be overcards than a higher PP, and Hero's c/r on the flop is representing either a paired (or tripped) card or an overpair. When the turn doublepairs the board a bet is mandatory, especially since Hero now has zero chance of winning the pot at showdown.

SmileyEH
04-27-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

That hand is as standard as they come, IMO. The PFR is more often going to be overcards than a higher PP, and Hero's c/r on the flop is representing either a paired (or tripped) card or an overpair. When the turn doublepairs the board a bet is mandatory, especially since Hero now has zero chance of winning the pot at showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think opp. is calling with unpaired overcards a very high percentage of the time on that board, meaning you have to spend 2BB to win 6BB. Hell, I wouldn't feel t0o bad about calling down with ace high on a board like that if I'm opp. If we get to the river, yes its an auto bet.

-SmileyEH

TripleH68
04-27-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think opp. is calling with unpaired overcards a very high percentage of the time on that board, meaning you have to spend 2BB to win 6BB. Hell, I wouldn't feel t0o bad about calling down with ace high on a board like that if I'm opp. If we get to the river, yes its an auto bet.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

If you hold unpaired overcards, you would also be "spending 2BB to win 6BB" by calling down.

stillbr
04-27-2005, 11:09 PM
fold preflop... 3 betting 55 is too lagish..i think your overdoing the loosening up thing ..

after the flop looks good

rmarotti
04-27-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif PokerPob. I think you used your read well here. Nice hand.

SmileyEH
04-27-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

If you hold unpaired overcards, you would also be "spending 2BB to win 6BB" by calling down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chance to win unimproved + chance to improve to better hand makes it a different situation.

-SmileyEH

PokerBob
04-27-2005, 11:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif PokerPob. I think you used your read well here. Nice hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can identify the above quote, I will /images/graemlins/heart.gif you too.

rmarotti
04-27-2005, 11:47 PM
I thought some Penn State basketball player said it (my pops was a Nittany Lion)

PokerBob
04-28-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought some Penn State basketball player said it (my pops was a Nittany Lion)

[/ QUOTE ]

Gary Payton when he was at Oregon State, as he ran by the Stanford bench. That is still my 2nd favorite quote of all time behind, of course, Elden Campbell's quote after being drafted by the Lakers in the early 90's.

Reporter: "Elden, did you earn a degree from Clemson?"
Elden: "No, but they gave me one anyway."