PDA

View Full Version : Weird happenings, what should I make of it?

iMsoLucky0
04-27-2005, 06:50 PM
So this afternoon I was sleeping on the couch of me and my fiance's home. My laptop is sitting at my feet open. She gets home from school about 1:00 and I wake up for a few minutes and talk to her, then I proceed to go back to sleep.

Then, I wake up at 4:30 and she is gone. I open up my computer, and several of my logs from AIM are open. (I use trillian and it logs every conversation I have). They have some 'incriminating' parts of conversations highlited. By incriminating I mean about me smoking marijuana, or going to a strip club, or talking about meeting this other girl (that I didn't do anything with). She would be extremely pissed at me, and could take extreme measures if she knew about any of these things.

So, at first glance it would seem as though she opened these up, highlited them, and then left. So, the first thing I do is call her to see where she is and assess how bad the damage is. When I call her she is working out at the gym, and seems perfectly fine. I ask her if anything is wrong, and she says no, and means it. (I can tell).

So now things get a little more complicated. She would definitely sound pissed if she had read this stuff. Also, the files that were open (and most of my logs) are extremely huge and would take anywhere from 30-45 minutes to read individually. So, there would have to have ben a lot of searching going on to find this incriminating stuff. Also, my fiance isn't extremely computer savvy, and it is rather complicated to open these logs. I really don't think she would know how to open them, or be tenacious enough to read through the huge files.

There is a small outside chance that I could have manipulated the mouse with my foot while I was sleeping, but I don't know.

Well, she just walked in the door..... anyone have any thoughts on how I should handle this situation?

spamuell
04-27-2005, 06:55 PM
Oh come on, what's more likely, she read them and you can't tell she's pissed or you manipulated the mouse with your foot to highlight specific incrimating parts of several conversations in logs which are "extremely huge"?

Due Schpague
04-27-2005, 06:58 PM
Obviously if she went to this extent, rather than wake you up and start screaming at you, she would be VERY careful not to sound upset. But that's besides the point that I don't believe this really happened.

FishNChips
04-27-2005, 07:13 PM
This didn't really happen, but you are afraid of getting married, feel guilty about meeting up with another girl even if you didn't do anything, feel guilty about going to strip clubs while engaged, feel guilty about smoking pot, and are trying to find an excuse to break up with this chick (perhaps so that you can bang the one that you met up with but didnt' do anything with).

Either that or she did do it, does know, is pissed, and is a MUCH better poker player than you?

FishNChips

iMsoLucky0
04-27-2005, 07:18 PM
Well it turns out it was her. And BTW, that other girl was a friend of mine's girlfriend that I never had any intentions of doing anything with. Oh, and I don't feel guilty at all about anything I've done (strip clubs or pot). I have no conscious, I promise.

Well things went relatively well.... at least when compared to other fights we've had. Nothing I did was that bad. I convinced her that the pot messages were from my brother on my account (he is a big pothead), and I didn't actually go to the strip club the time that was mentioned in the message and she knows this for sure. The only thing is my comments about this other girl that I found attractive and said a few ummm things about. But she knows that I didn't do anything besides talk about her. That just hurt her feelings.

And no, I am not looking for a reason to break up with her. We are getting married in June. I am a horrible human being with no conscious.

Due Schpague
04-27-2005, 07:20 PM
PHEEEEEWWWWW!!!!!! That was close /images/graemlins/wink.gif

bball233
04-27-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have no conscious, I promise.

I am a horrible human being with no conscious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you probably are conscious since you wrote that... but might have no conscience.

FishNChips
04-27-2005, 07:29 PM
Does anyone else think that this marriage is going to have less than 2 years shelf life?

Ulysses
04-27-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
then I proceed to go back to sleep.
Then, I wake up at 4:30 and she is gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I open up my computer, and several of my logs from AIM are open. (I use trillian and it logs every conversation I have). They have some 'incriminating' parts of conversations highlited.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
There is a small outside chance that I could have manipulated the mouse with my foot while I was sleeping, but I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post was a joke, right? Please tell me it was a joke. Please.

MLG
04-27-2005, 07:30 PM
Dude, didn't you like just turn 21? Engaged? Jeez.

Jman28
04-27-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else think that this marriage is going to have less than 2 years shelf life?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I do. think that.

shant
04-27-2005, 07:34 PM
Why do you log your conversations? These type of situations are why I turn off chat logging in every messaging program I use.

RunDownHouse
04-27-2005, 07:38 PM
The only thing better than having to justify your chosen lifestyle to your fiance is to escape the conversation entirely by lying.

iMsoLucky0
04-27-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the portion about my foot manipulating the mouse was a joke. The point of the post was really to ask advice on how to handle the situation (that she had obviously read the stuff).

My bad on the conscious/consience thing, I was in a hurry /images/graemlins/wink.gif

And would anyone like to make a bet with me and take the Under 2 years on my marriage? I would let you wager a large sum. I may be horrible, but this relationship works /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Eurotrash
04-27-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
several of my logs from AIM are open.

[/ QUOTE ]

it starts with your AIM logs open.

next thing you know, you walk into the garage, and all the freaking doors and windows and gloveboxes and gas tank covers etc. are open.

proceed with extreme caution.

Los Feliz Slim
04-27-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well it turns out it was her. And BTW, that other girl was a friend of mine's girlfriend that I never had any intentions of doing anything with. Oh, and I don't feel guilty at all about anything I've done (strip clubs or pot). I have no conscious, I promise.

Well things went relatively well.... at least when compared to other fights we've had. Nothing I did was that bad. I convinced her that the pot messages were from my brother on my account (he is a big pothead), and I didn't actually go to the strip club the time that was mentioned in the message and she knows this for sure. The only thing is my comments about this other girl that I found attractive and said a few ummm things about. But she knows that I didn't do anything besides talk about her. That just hurt her feelings.

And no, I am not looking for a reason to break up with her. We are getting married in June. I am a horrible human being with no conscious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your problems, of course, revolve around trust. She obviously doesn't trust you, and it remains unclear whether you are in fact trustworthy (although the fact that you need to lie to her is disturbing).

But, since this is OOT and a serious response doesn't belong here: After you made up did you put it in her pooper?

spamuell
04-27-2005, 07:44 PM
Yes, the portion about my foot manipulating the mouse was a joke. The point of the post was really to ask advice on how to handle the situation (that she had obviously read the stuff).

I don't believe this at all, with all your "I'd be able to tell by her voice if she'd read it" comments. Whatever though, it doesn't matter. Good luck in the WSOP.

gumpzilla
04-27-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

And would anyone like to make a bet with me and take the Under 2 years on my marriage? I would let you wager a large sum. I may be horrible, but this relationship works /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So your fiancee searches your IM logs when you're sleeping to spy on you? And gets freaked out because you know a girl who you find sort of attractive but aren't going to do anything with? And you make up chains of fairly transparent bullshit to distract from the things in the log that you actually did that you think she wouldn't approve of? And you want to wager on the length of your marriage?

Yep, this sounds like an A-1 relationship to me!

TimM
04-27-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, my fiance isn't extremely computer savvy, and it is rather complicated to open these logs. I really don't think she would know how to open them, or be tenacious enough to read through the huge files.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently she knows more than you. All you have to do is open a chat window, and click the message history on top to see the log. CTRL-F will allow her to search it.

Plus you grossly underestimate the tenacity of a woman determined to snoop on her fiance. (You should be pissed at her for this too).

This is why I used to put passwords on my machines at work, and hit Win-L whenever I left my desk.

FishNChips
04-27-2005, 07:46 PM
how long have u lived with her?

as for the relationship, perhaps it works, but it isn't good. Commenting on other chicks hotness, especially specifics, and getting caught is not a good thing. Lying about pot use is going to get you in trouble eventually, going to strip clubs may be cool with some chicks, but clearly not with yours and it doesn't sound like you're going to stop... you just will do better at not getting caught.

My 2 year shelf life statement stands. I won't place a wager on it because for the right sum of money people will stay married forever. I just think that you aren't really ready for a marriage yet.

good luck though, hope it works out!
FishNChips

mostsmooth
04-27-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
then I proceed to go back to sleep.
Then, I wake up at 4:30 and she is gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I open up my computer, and several of my logs from AIM are open. (I use trillian and it logs every conversation I have). They have some 'incriminating' parts of conversations highlited.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
hes saying while hes sleeping, his foot is smarter than his future wife

SuitedSixes
04-27-2005, 08:03 PM
The situation has since resolved itself, but two things,

"It wasn't me."
-Shaggy

And tell her the first rule of snooping is that you are going to find something, so just don't do it.

Bluffoon
04-27-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey she violated your privacy. She had no right to snoop on your pc.

RUN

nothumb
04-27-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Weird happenings, what should I make of it?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should make her give you some dome, say a few Hail Mary's and go do the damn dishes.

NT

iMsoLucky0
04-28-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
She obviously doesn't trust you, and it remains unclear whether you are in fact trustworthy (although the fact that you need to lie to her is disturbing).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, she only trusts me so much, and she definitely has no reason to even trust me that much. I don't think the fact that I lie to her is disturbing. I would lie to any woman I was with extensively, and that's just the way I am. Also, many many men lie to their women constantly and it works out fine.

[ QUOTE ]
how long have u lived with her?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've lived with her off and on for 3 years, and exclusively for about a year and a half.

[ QUOTE ]
Hey she violated your privacy. She had no right to snoop on your pc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I did try and turn it back on her and it worked to some extent.

[ QUOTE ]
You should make her give you some dome, say a few Hail Mary's and go do the damn dishes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, we did have makeup sex. No hail maries though, and she did cook me dinner /images/graemlins/smile.gif She'll do the dishes tomorrow.

FishNChips
04-28-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, she only trusts me so much, and she definitely has no reason to even trust me that much. I don't think the fact that I lie to her is disturbing. I would lie to any woman I was with extensively, and that's just the way I am. Also, many many men lie to their women constantly and it works out fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

and many many many men get divorces. I'm just saying that if heads is stay together and tails is get divorced, i'm taking tails.

hope it works out though!
FishNChips

lu_hawk
04-28-2005, 09:40 AM
one of the worst experiences i've ever gone through was when my gf read about 2 years worth of my IM logs that i forgot i had on my computer.

what happened here is that your fiance read these logs, was kind of pissed when she read them, but then thought to herself "well if this is the worst i can find then he must not be so bad after all." remember that she is a woman so in the back of her mind she had some fears that you might have cheated on her at some point. but these logs proved you are faithful and she is happier now.

mostsmooth
04-28-2005, 10:03 AM
not for nothing, but yahoo messenger doesnt automatically archive im conversations, does it? /images/graemlins/confused.gif