PDA

View Full Version : movin on up... some 3/6 hands... a checkup and a contest.

bholdr
04-27-2005, 06:32 PM
7 Card Stud High ($3/$6), Ante $0.5, Bring-In $1 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Hero: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls

4th Street

Hero: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

thought about raising, but didn't want to bet into a four-flush... does anyone fold here? i have him on jacks.

5th Street

Hero: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

Should i cut and run, or continue to draw? i don't like the way this hand is developing... but now i'm getting pretty sure that he's NOT on a flush draw... pot's still pretty small, i could make arguments for folding, calling, or raising...

6th Street

Hero: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___raises
Seat 8: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets___calls

i was a little worried that i'm dead to a higher straight here, but i didn't think so. i'm thinking he's on two pair.

River

Hero: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 8: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___checks___calls

too passive early on? risky play on 6th and 7th? looking at the hand now, a raise on 4th would've given me control of the hand and made it clear where he was at, but i thought that if i hit, i want those three weak looking hands to stay in. what do you think about a raise on fourth?

Okay, since i'm at 3/6 now... time to steal some antes...

7 Card Stud High ($3/$6), Ante $0.5, Bring-In $1 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___folds
Hero: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___completes
Seat 4: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___folds
Seat 7: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds

good spot to try?

...and here is the most bizzare hi-lo hand that i've ever played. i royally screwed this one up. i was so confused by the river that i made a crying call.... I have 20$ left on Full tilt that i will give to anyone that can guess seat5's starting hand by the end of the day... (stupid horse tourneys) Seat 5 is a bit of a mainiac...

7 Card Stud High-Low ($3/$6), Ante $0.5, Bring-In $1 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___brings-in___folds
Seat 2: xx xx A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx A/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___completes
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds

4th Street

Seat 3: xx xx A/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___raises___calls
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___raises___raises

5th Street

Seat 3: xx xx A/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls

6th Street

Seat 3: xx xx A/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks

???

River

Seat 3: xx xx A/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___checks___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___bets
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls

geez. (i'll post the results before i go to sleep tonight)

BeerMoney
04-27-2005, 08:45 PM
I like the first two hands.. I play both hands the exact same way.

I don't play hi-lo.

What's the contest?

Andy B
04-27-2005, 08:53 PM
You played the first hand correctly, in my opinion. No sense in getting out of line out of position with a straight draw, especially with two of your cards out. If you can't raise with a straight, you shouldn't draw to it in the first place. You sound like you're overly fearful of monsters under the bed.

On the second hand, I think it is overly optimistic to think that you are going to steal after someone has limped. You might want to raise anyway to represent a hand, and getting it heads-up will probably be beneficial in this case. Most players aren't going to fold after limping very often.

On the third hand, I would strongly consider raising right away on third street. It is fairly likely that you will be able to get it heads-up against a much weaker high hand, which will give you an excellent scoop chance. If other players come along for the ride, that's great too. Jamming fourth is good. I would raise fifth. I can't put the guy on a flush. I'm confused by sixth as well. I assume that the guy with the hearts doesn't have a flush yet. I wouldn't put a flush near the top of the other guy's list of likely hands. I would grit my teeth and bet this one. Just calling on the river is probably prudent, though. I'll say that seat 5 had J5 in the hole, making two pair on fourth and filling on the river.

bholdr
04-27-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't play hi-lo.

What's the contest?

[/ QUOTE ]

guess the villan's starting hole cards in the hi-lo hand...

Aicirt
04-27-2005, 11:17 PM
I dont know a whole lot about stud hi. The hi/lo hand is definately strange to say the least. Im not really sure what to put seat 5 on. Im going to guess that he had rolled up 5s though, however this probably isnt correct since you made the comment about him being a maniac. I would guess that he thought that you gammed on 4th with a 4 flush so he checked on 6th because he thought you made your flush. I would then guess that he filled up on the river. I think I like Andy's guess better though.

Aicirt

TheShootah
04-27-2005, 11:29 PM
How about pocket J's? Fills up on the end maybe? All I know is I want the 20$..hehehe....

bholdr
04-27-2005, 11:50 PM
What's your full tilt SN, alcirt? you've got 20$ coming to you.

rolled fives... who knew? of course, he filled on the end and scooped..

this is the first time that i've run into trips v trips... wonder what the odds on that are... anyone?

i was a 72% fav to scoop this pot, BTW... *sighs*

Aicirt
04-28-2005, 02:02 AM
Yeah thats a tough beat. Ive never seen two people have rolled up trips in one hand.

My name on full tilt is Aicirt...note that the second letter is is an 'i' and not an 'l'.

Hope you get dealt an overset to someone some other hand to pay off for this one.

Aicirt

jon_1van
04-28-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, since i'm at 3/6 now... time to steal some antes...

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe

MRBAA
04-28-2005, 09:51 AM
I like how you played both hands. Just be aware that the first one is very marginal. You don't want to call a completion, you don't want more than 2 dead cards on the immediate ends or 4 on the one gap ends. You don't want to play it at all early in a very aggressive game. But in this spot, well done.

bholdr
04-28-2005, 01:26 PM
I've been playing my three straights the same way i usually play three flushes, if they're live, i limp and try to pick up a good draw, then see it through unless it's clear that i won't win even if i hit. i don't even like two dead cards on the open ends unless my cards are a little higher than 678... i hadn't been considering the dead gap cards enough, thanks for pointing that out.

I'll call a completion with the flush draws, though... good/bad? also, if it's a multiway pot, sometimes i'll call a completion with the 3 straights, too- no?

thanks

bholdr
04-28-2005, 01:29 PM
done. nice guess, man.

MRBAA
04-28-2005, 01:32 PM
Well, flushes are better than str8s -- obviously. And high cards in either one make them worth much more. With 567, pairing one of your cards on fourth is good but may well not give you top pair. With JQK, pairing a card is much better. And dead cards are huge with these low str8s, since the only hand you really want to make with them is the str8. A good rule (from Roy West) is that if more than 2 points are showing, you fold. One point for a touching card, 1/2 point for a one gap (So in your case, only 1 point was showing, the 4.

If you do the math on our likelihood of making your hand, you might be shocked by how much dead cards reduce your chances. That's even more true as you see more cards on later streets.

bholdr
04-28-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you do the math on our likelihood of making your hand, you might be shocked by how much dead cards reduce your chances. That's even more true as you see more cards on later streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah... i always knew that dead cards to my draws were bad, but about a month ago i spent an hour on two dimes running hands against one another and factoring in various combinations of dead cards- one dead card to a pair drasticly reduces the value of that hand, dead flush cards are really bad, too.

i think it's instructive to do the math once in a while.