PDA

View Full Version : Jackpot Jay...nuff said

ttleistdci
04-27-2005, 06:29 PM
from his chat on espn.com today. Don't ask me why I'm reading this...

A.C. (Los Angeles): Jay, Love your stuff man. What's the worst beat you've ever taken or seen? I was just in Vegas and got beat on the river with a fourth ace to my kings over aces full house on the flop.

Jay Lovinger: I was playing online the other day, and I saw a guy lose with quad queens to a royal flush -- and the royal flush guy, of course, hit his only out on the river. The good part for the quad queens guy was that he won more in a bad-beat jackpot than he would have won if he won the hand.

Obviously Jay didn't "see" this hand, or else he'd be up another couple grand for being at the same table that the bad beat jackpot took place. Also, didn't that take place on Party? Jay plays at Captain Crooks, doesn't he?

Frank Pembleton
04-27-2005, 07:25 PM
Jay Lovinger? I want to bring that lying son of a bitch downtown. I want him in the box. Where I come from, every bad beat jackpot has meaning. I'll get a confession out of him. I'll squeeze a confession out of him. His ass is mine.

Voltron87
04-27-2005, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where I come from, every bad beat jackpot has meaning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your play Mr Pembleton, brilliant in my opinion.

Gamblor
04-27-2005, 09:43 PM
This happened at the Party 15-30 table I was at on Monday.

Guy hit quads on the turn on a (Td Kc Qc) Qd Jd board and AdKd hit the river.

This was not a jackpot table. so what the [censored]?

on_thg
04-28-2005, 09:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Obviously Jay didn't "see" this hand, or else he'd be up another couple grand for being at the same table that the bad beat jackpot took place. Also, didn't that take place on Party? Jay plays at Captain Crooks, doesn't he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Prima sites (presumably including Captain Cook's) have, or at least had, a mini-bad beat jackpot. I hit it a couple months back for beating quad 7s with quad 8s. Payout was like $125. I want to say a table share was like $10.