PDA

View Full Version : Are any of you SS folks panicked about rakeback......

PokerBob
04-27-2005, 06:14 PM
....cuz I'm getting there. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2256998&page=0&view=e xpanded&sb=5&o=14)

SmileyEH
04-27-2005, 06:15 PM
At 2/4 its only worth about $15 an hour for 8 tabling...sucks that it will go, but its not the end of the world.

-SmileyEH

PokerBob
04-27-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At 2/4 its only worth about $15 an hour for 8 tabling...sucks that it will go, but its not the end of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can absorb a $15/hour hit without batting an eye, then good for you.

Harv72b
04-27-2005, 06:26 PM
I never had a rakeback deal. Looks like I never will, either. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

cold_cash
04-27-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I never had a rakeback deal. Looks like I never will, either. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You and me both, brah.

Shillx
04-27-2005, 06:41 PM
I don't have it either. It would be nice to see them decrease the rake if they decide to cancel all rakeback deals, but that will never happen because they don't give two shits about us. If they would take the rakeback $$ they dish out and give it to the players in other ways then that would be great, but I have a feeling that they will just pocket the extra cash.

Brad

Entity
04-27-2005, 06:43 PM
If it happens it happens. There's no reason for me to panick about it, but I don't play enough yet (at high enough limits) for it to really make a dent. Then again, I don't have any aspirations about going pro, FWIW.

Rob

brettbrettr
Would you play elsewhere if they did stopped the rakebacks?

brazilio
I'm not concerned at all from Eurobet's perspective. I think they've always taken the attitude that rakeback permanent players make them more money (pros and pro amateurs) than monthly bonuses ever will. It's going to suck losing the income if it happens, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Euro creates their own affiliate program in substitute.

JDErickson
04-27-2005, 06:48 PM
$600-$1000 per month (my rakeback average now) is nothing to sneeze at. I would be very upset if it goes away.

From what I have heard though nothing to worry about right now with Eurobet. If it does happen in the future cest la vie.

shant
04-27-2005, 07:01 PM
Wow, how do some of you guys who are regular posters and frequent players not have rackeback? I don't even play that much and it's still extra cash every month.

Shillx
04-27-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, how do some of you guys who are regular posters and frequent players not have rackeback? I don't even play that much and it's still extra cash every month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Created my account in '03. I didn't really know much about the politics of poker and I just created an account not knowing anything about rakeback or affiliates (I don't even know if they were around then, but I assume that they were).

brazilio
04-27-2005, 07:06 PM
Then kill your euro account and recreate one with an affiliate. They're more than amenable to doing that. It averages out to be another .6BB/100, at 3/6 playing 30k hands a month that's 1200 dollars. I can't imagine why anybody would miss out on this.

CallMeIshmael
04-27-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Created my account in '03. I didn't really know much about the politics of poker and I just created an account not knowing anything about rakeback or affiliates (I don't even know if they were around then, but I assume that they were).

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have an account at all of the skins? Because you can easily create a new one with rakeback at a different skin.

jason_t
04-27-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I also don't understand a thing about the politics of online poker and I don't really care to. I just want to play poker. However, it was really easy to sign up for rakeback through the Party Skins and pulling in an extra ~400 per month is a big deal, especially when you hit a 15K break even streak. Plus I hate my original Party Poker screen name and now I have cool screen names on the skins. I only play on the real Party to clear bonuses.

brazilio
04-27-2005, 07:20 PM
jason_t has cool screen names like "IFoldAces" and "AceKingTooWeak"

toss
04-27-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have it either.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif You could've have like a bajillion dollars extra with how much you've been playing.

Shillx
04-27-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have it either.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif You could've have like a bajillion dollars extra with how much you've been playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. But most of the hands I played were back when I didn't know anything about it. By the time I figured out what it was, I was burned out from playing so many hands of breakeven poker. Also, I'm not interested in exploiting the system which is why I haven't created another account with RB.

toss
04-27-2005, 07:33 PM
I see. Does that mean you don't use GT or PV either? That would be crazy.

Buck_65
04-27-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can absorb a $15/hour hit without batting an eye, then good for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

jason_t
04-27-2005, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have an account at all of the skins? Because you can easily create a new one with rakeback at a different skin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen that establishment. You eat steak? Is that some kind of cannibalism?

CallMeIshmael
04-27-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen that establishment. You eat steak? Is that some kind of cannibalism?

[/ QUOTE ]

Captain: Good morning, it's good to be here. I suppose I should start by addressing what's.. surely on all your minds: my record as a captain. I realize you probably know me best as the captain who sunk our ship.. and brought about this regrettable situation. I can see now that it was foolish.. to take a shortcut.. through.. Iceberg Alley when it was only going to shave 10-15 minutes off our three-week trip. I can also admit that it was a mistake to use all the flares from this lifeboat.. to light my farts. I was trying to improve raft morale, but only succeeded in causing some pretty serious.. burn scars. Also, in regards to the past two nights, I'd like to apologize for the gay stuff.

crunchy1
04-27-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It averages out to be another .6BB/100, at 3/6 playing 30k hands a month that's 1200 dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

How exactly are you getting these numbers. I played 12,500 hands at 2/4 last month with a total rake of $1,275. It's my understanding that the affiliate gets ~25% of this (318.75) and then the player getting rakeback gets anywhere between 23-27% of that return to the affiliate. By my calculations I'd be getting lucky to get $100 back each month.

Are these numbers wrong? Am I missing something here?

CallMeIshmael
04-27-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How exactly are you getting these numbers. I played 12,500 hands at 2/4 last month with a total rake of $1,275. It's my understanding that the affiliate gets ~25% of this (318.75) and then the player getting rakeback gets anywhere between 23-27% of that return to the affiliate. By my calculations I'd be getting lucky to get $100 back each month.

[/ QUOTE ]

For every dollar of rake, I get $0.25/Number players.

Ive never calculated it, but braz's numbers sound right.

SmileyEH
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It averages out to be another .6BB/100, at 3/6 playing 30k hands a month that's 1200 dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You get 25% of your total rake back, or at least you should be.

-SmileyEH

shant
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe the affiliate gets somewhere around 30%, and you get 25% of the original, making the affiliate cut 5%. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

Evan
04-27-2005, 07:53 PM
You're both wrong. Rakeback is based on MGR (Total rake paid in your games/Average players per hand).

brazilio
04-27-2005, 08:05 PM
EVERYTHING I POST IS 100% CORRECT.

CallMeIshmael
04-27-2005, 08:07 PM
Post deleted by CallMeIshmael

brazilio
04-27-2005, 08:08 PM
THIS POST WAS ALSO 100% CORRECT

CallMeIshmael
04-27-2005, 08:11 PM
Post deleted by CallMeIshmael

Harv72b
04-27-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Much like Shillix, I didn't know thing A about rakeback when I opened my account on Empire. I'd like to have one & have considered opening an account on another skin (don't have multiples yet), but for the time I'm being I'm building up the FPP to hit the Royal Flush Club on Empire; this gets me a great FPP/raked hands ratio, as well as automatic reload bonuses every month w/o raked hand requirements.

Also, I don't play as many hands/month as most of the regular posters here, so not having rakeback is not costing me a ton of money right now.

brazilio
04-27-2005, 08:12 PM
behind the times, pal

mrpurple
04-27-2005, 08:14 PM
I don't want to lose my rakeback. In an average month it makes my carpaypent. In a busy month it pays my mortgage.

That said, I don't expect it to last forever and if it goes such is life. I don't have an indiviual tracker. My affiliate relies on screenshots. Maybe that's a good thing.

If its gone tommorow,from the party network, so am I. There are other places to play and frankly I like some of them better. I played UB over the weekend to clear a bonus. Its not the rock gardened I feared and I enjoyed the kill games.

Stars will see a lot more of me too and there's thart razz game at fulltilt my buddy cleans up in etc etc...

Plus, I trust free enterprise. The nets just waiting for some enterprising site to rebate rake on a sliding scale to its high volume costumers.

We are good players we know an edge when we see it. Rakeback is an edge. But, its not the only one. Most of us will find a way to replace any lost income. For me it might be as simple as going from 4 to 8 tables.

CallMeIshmael
04-27-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If its gone tommorow,from the party network, so am I.

[/ QUOTE ]

gaming_mouse
04-27-2005, 08:21 PM
Will someone please explain what that letter means? Are they simply going to cancel rakeback on all skins across the board, regardless of when you signed up? Is this definite? What is the timeline?

brazilio
04-27-2005, 08:23 PM
If you want definite information, pm morgant on the boards. He's going to be the first one to know anything about rakeback for the sites, especially from Eurobet. PokerNow's affiliate program being cancelled should be a given, I assumed that would happen as soon as affiliate revenues were being withheld, but other than that it's just speculation or rumormongering.

PokerBob
04-27-2005, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For me it might be as simple as going from 4 to 8 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

This ain't simple.

jason_t
04-27-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
behind the times, pal

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a room you two.

CallMeIshmael
04-27-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This ain't simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

PBob, do you 8-table?

jason_t
04-27-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are there other places with rakeback? Where would you go?

CallMeIshmael
04-27-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably pokerroom/betonbet first. Perhaps UB/pokerstars/fulltilt/absolute.

They all offer it.

PokerBob
04-27-2005, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This ain't simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

PBob, do you 8-table?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did for about 10K hands, but when I hit that 20K hand blah spell, I went to 4 to try and plug my leaks. I may go back, but I really want to improve my game and 8-tabling isn't conducive to that. If I could 4-table 15/30 and beat it at a reasonable rate, I wouldn't give a rip about rakeback.

mrpurple
04-27-2005, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For me it might be as simple as going from 4 to 8 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

This ain't simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right and I didn't mean to trivialize the difficulty in this.

obsidian
04-27-2005, 08:33 PM
Hey, but you can cash in party points for money!

On a serious note I too would simply move to a new site. Plenty of other places offer rakeback.

brazilio
04-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: jason_t is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, jason_t folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: (10 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#666666">9 folds</font>.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

sthief09
04-27-2005, 09:15 PM
not to sound all zen and [censored], but honestly, what good is worrying? if it happens it happens. and for me, it's about $50/hr

sthief09
04-27-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$600-$1000 per month (my rakeback average now) is nothing to sneeze at. I would be very upset if it goes away.

From what I have heard though nothing to worry about right now with Eurobet. If it does happen in the future cest la vie.

[/ QUOTE ]

if rakeback was ended, the first thing I'd do would be to email Eurobet, ask them to close my account, and tell them to go [censored] themselves because reloading takes an extra click and I can't get to the cashier except by going on their site, and because their stupid thing hijacks my browser

sthief09
04-27-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're both wrong. Rakeback is based on MGR (Total rake paid in your games/Average players per hand).

[/ QUOTE ]

amazingly, the runt is actually correct

PokerBob
04-27-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not to sound all zen and [censored], but honestly, what good is worrying? if it happens it happens. and for me, it's about $50/hr

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that worrying sucks, but unfortunately my future plans are tied to rakeback's future.

sthief09
04-27-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that worrying sucks, but unfortunately my future plans are tied to rakeback's future.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, you said if you earned a decent rate at 15/30 you wouldn't care about rakeback. so just worry about that. you're on your way there

PokerBob
04-27-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, you said if you earned a decent rate at 15/30 you wouldn't care about rakeback. so just worry about that. you're on your way there

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm working on it, but I am a bankroll wuss. I'd want at least a 1000bb roll.

sthief09
04-27-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when you hit 500, I gurantee you'll be itching to play

PokerBob
04-27-2005, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when you hit 500, I gurantee you'll be itching to play

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd think that but (a) that game terrifies me (b) I need to get better (c) I need to learn short-handed and (d) considering my future situation, a downswing of any significance would eat massive cock (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Entity
04-27-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not to sound all zen and [censored], but honestly, what good is worrying? if it happens it happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get your own phrase, damnit.

Entity
04-27-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if rakeback was ended, the first thing I'd do would be to email Eurobet, ask them to close my account, and tell them to go [censored] themselves because reloading takes an extra click and I can't get to the cashier except by going on their site, and because their stupid thing hijacks my browser

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice.

Once rakeback ends, I get the feeling I'll find myself at Pacific a lot more often. Oh noes!

sfer
04-28-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Last I checked my Euro deal works out to about ~$100 per 1000 hands. I think the 0.33 BB/100 is substantial, although I agree with the feeling that worrying much is an exercise in futility.

PokerBob
04-28-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Last I checked my Euro deal works out to about ~$100 per 1000 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

At what game?

sfer
04-28-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Last I checked my Euro deal works out to about ~$100 per 1000 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

At what game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry dooder, forgot to include that. 15/30.

papa_georgio
04-28-2005, 12:36 AM
Does this include the skins too? Because I'd been looking for a rakeback deal and found a good one at Empire for like 28%.

DMBFan23
04-28-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are any of you SS folks panicked about rakeback......

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, but I'll still probably play party. I might sign up for pokerroom. I shall see.

flair1239
04-28-2005, 12:54 AM
I have RB on Absolute and UB. I like both those sites. So I would not really be hurt.

I actually would probably go back to the main party skin, it would just be a matter of bonus whoring some off sites to make up for the income I would lose.

Evan
04-28-2005, 12:58 AM
That is definitely "some zen [censored]."

Entity
04-28-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is up with your location, and why don't you respond to AIM, prag?

bakku
04-28-2005, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is up with your location, and why don't you respond to AIM, prag?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's eagerly awaiting summer so he can attempt to romance GoT.

Chris Daddy Cool
04-28-2005, 01:14 AM
i'm shocked that sfer didn't make a joke about me and rakeback in this thread. just shocked.

Evan
04-28-2005, 01:15 AM
My location might have to be changed soon, because some bitch just screwed us tonight (not in the good way). Also, I just sent you like 4 IMs, and you have not responded. The ball is now in your court.

Chris Daddy Cool
04-28-2005, 01:16 AM
omfg, i just gave you my aim handle and you haven't aim'ed yet.

i'm
so
sad
i
want
to
kill
myself.

Evan
04-28-2005, 01:17 AM
As long as we're talking about AIM and not rakeback, if I think you're cool and I don't have your AIM sn, you should PM it to me.

EDIT: Apparently this post confused CDC, so I would like to point out that this is not directed at Chris, but rather anyone on 2+2 that I think is cool.

MisterKing
04-28-2005, 01:19 AM
So I'm in the boat with people who've had accounts on all the skins for a while now... years in the case of Party and Empire. This means I've never had rakeback, and have probably hemmoraged a few thousand bucks that could easily have been mine (~90K hands the past 9 monhts alone, the vast majority at 2/4 and up). So be it...

In light of this development and an emerging interest in my part on my part to get some kind of RB deal, what's a man to do? I'd hate to leave the uber-green pastures of Party skin games. What's the game plan for someone in my shoes?

DMBFan23
04-28-2005, 01:23 AM
I hear you can cancel and reopen an account but I'm hazy as to the details.

my audible, should rakeback go away, and should I decide that party is less profitable than another site + rakeback, will probably be pokerroom, although UB is another choice.

Entity
04-28-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
omfg, i just gave you my aim handle and you haven't aim'ed yet.

i'm
so
sad
i
want
to
kill
myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd AIM both of you, but I'm too busy watching Revelations.

Justin A
04-28-2005, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

brazilio
04-28-2005, 03:18 AM
From what I understand, all you have to do is call up Eurobet, ask that your account get cancelled while mentioning you'd like to recreate your account through an affiliate, and it gets sent through pronto.

bobbyi
04-28-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably pokerroom/betonbet first. Perhaps UB/pokerstars/fulltilt/absolute.

They all offer it.

[/ QUOTE ]
What is Stars doing on that list?

oreogod
04-28-2005, 05:12 AM
not worried, I just started playing much more at my prop site. I make 105 % rakeback. Looks like I will be playing there much more after this fiasco settles itself.

alul
04-28-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the games on Party will become much nicer with all the TAGs gone! I stay. /images/graemlins/smile.gif