PDA

View Full Version : chip dumping...

snap
04-27-2005, 05:56 PM
I'm wondering about chip dumping on the bubble and even in general. When does it become effective...5 left? 4 left?

I find that people who do it before that are loosing pots to early, I dont think its beneficial yet, even if they outstack the table by a large amount.

Can someone show me the light?

Apathy
04-27-2005, 06:02 PM
I don't think I understand what you mean by chip dumping.

Bigwig
04-27-2005, 06:05 PM
I suggest--and I'm serious--that you worry about chip dumping by not worrying about chip dumping.

dfscott
04-27-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
chip dumping

[/ QUOTE ]

You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

dfscott
04-27-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I suggest--and I'm serious--that you worry about chip dumping by not worrying about chip dumping.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first rule of chip dumping is -- you don't talk about chip dumping.

Rojosox
04-27-2005, 06:18 PM
i got accused by a 3rd party of chip dumping at a PL 1000 table. I won 1700 on consecutive hands against the guy on the nuts vs 2nd nuts. The 3rd party entered the table and wrote " I am charging both of you with chip dumping and telling PP" ... The guy who lost the $ to me went absolutely off on the guy. He was like, "You F wad, why the F am I going to give some stranger all my $? Theres no one even at this stupid table!" The 3rd party ended up losing 1/2 his share to me. The other guy, who had initially lost to me joked that this other idiot was dumping to me. Both players went on tilt. Unfortunately, I didn't have a hand in this 3 minute time period. One guy won $900 on Q9s vs J10h on an all-in after a zillion raises with nothing hitting the board. Guy with Q high won. This is my story to share today. Thank you for your time. Jared

snap
04-27-2005, 07:00 PM
I suppose I should refrase what I mean. I dont mean chip dumping in the sense that Rojosox was accused of. I mean that one makes marginal calls with the big stack in order to eliminate people...when they very well should lose the pot.

I suppose I should say when does one play less tight given people left and stack size...

BeantownCaller
04-27-2005, 07:18 PM
Playing like a big stack is not the same as chip dumping, they are not even remotely similar concepts. Words are important, they're how we express ourselves and communicate with one another, you can't bend and switch them to your liking.

And I'd say very rarely in a SNG is this correct, unless of course you are in the blinds with a big stack and someone makes a raise that is small enough that you have pot odds to call, you post big blind of 400 and a guy goes all in for 600, you'd call with any 2, for instance.

In big multi tablers where the stacks get really massive the big stacks might start calling with absolute junk against small stacks, even then it's not chip dumping, but your stack might be so much bigger in a huge multi it doesn't matter and it's always nice to take someone out and get a few more chips.

DINNER TIME

Bigwig
04-27-2005, 07:22 PM
I've been accussed multiple times on Stars, where the players are a little more familiar with each other due to traffic and avatars. Got annoying after a while. I actually reported someone who threatened to report me.