PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Hand

theBruiser500
04-27-2005, 05:22 PM
WIth my flop/turn line I was trying to figure out where I'm at as cheaply as possible and protect my hand, how does it look?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

River: (6.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

billyjex
04-27-2005, 05:24 PM
I would like a flop C/R. We can see where we're at for one less SB (well, he might 3-bet us with a weaker hand, but you posted no reads so I don't know what to think of him,) as well as face BB w/ 2 cold on the flop.

theBruiser500
04-27-2005, 05:26 PM
assume he's reasonable. if he waits until the turn to raise that line is more expensive

mperich
04-27-2005, 05:30 PM
If I were villain I raise that turn about 75% of the time. Your play looks like what it is, weak.

I checkraise the flop almost everytime here, as a) I think it does a better job of finding out where you are against a decent player and b) it protects your hand against the BB when you are good but vulnerable, which I would say is the case well over 50% of the time.

Also, I don't find a large number of players that smoothcall a checkraise and raise the turn, so I wouldnt worry too much about that. Besides, if they do then its a pretty easy fold anyways.

-Mike

BottlesOf
04-27-2005, 05:33 PM
I'd raise preflop unless I had a read that he was a loose blind. Given that you didn't, I'd c/r the flop.

sthief09
04-27-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise preflop unless I had a read that he was a loose blind. Given that you didn't, I'd c/r the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

you'd rather play A6s 3 ways for one bet than 3 ways for two bets against a button open limper and loose BB?

Schneids
04-27-2005, 08:20 PM
Hey Bruiser,

~ Preflop I don't really care about one way or another. There's merits to raising, there's merits to just completing, so whatever.

The rest of the hand is an utter mess, it feels like you know you have to do something but you have no idea what you need to do when, or why. Your line: I can live with the flop, and in fact the turn too, if you bet the river. I hate the river check/call. You are going to get called by more worse hands than hands that bet the river in which you beat.

Anyway, I think checkraising this flop is a much better option. Likewise, betting the flop is better too. And unless it goes raise reraise and is two back to you at any point you're showing down this hand.

theBruiser500
04-27-2005, 08:36 PM
"it feels like you know you have to do something but you have no idea what you need to do when, or why."

yup, correct sir. another reason to c/r the flop is that a lot of bad cards can come on turn which will make it hard for me if he raises the turn.

Girchuck
04-27-2005, 08:51 PM
So, the BB raised, and now you flop a second pair top kicker. When you check, the most probable turn of events is this: The BB bets and button calls or folds. If this is how this hand went, do you check raise the BB? If BB bets and button raises, this is most confusing of all. Are you drawing thin, or is the button full of useful fertilizer? Do you re-raise or fold?
Ok, so the betting didn't go like you expected, the BB checked, and the button bet. When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. If you would've check-raised the BB, you must check-raise the button. If BB re-raises, you know exactly how much your hand is worth. If BB raises your call, you know almost as much, but will you be strongly tempted to call, and call and call?
Your turn bet and subsequent river check is what gave the donk bet its bad name. Ok, so maybe the button has a flush draw and he loves to bluff with the busted draws. This is the only way this turn and river line is acceptable together.

PokerDonkey
04-27-2005, 08:53 PM
If you felt that your hand was good on the flop, is there any disagreement to leading on the flop. If called, leading on the turn as well? If the button made queens, and is flat calling you, it seems like a discretion play on the river. whether it be C/C or C/F.

was that a fishy comment? Here to learn! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

NLSoldier
04-27-2005, 09:15 PM
Wtf do you think you are doing in the 10/20 6m games!?!? Go away plz /images/graemlins/mad.gif

BTW-I agree with others who say CR the flop.

theBruiser500
04-27-2005, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wtf do you think you are doing in the 10/20 6m games!?!? Go away plz /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No one orders me around.

daryn
04-27-2005, 11:09 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

why wouldn't you want him there?

DrGutshot
04-28-2005, 12:00 AM
tough to give a decent reply without any sort of read, but I would either checkraise this flop or bet-3bet (only against specific opponents) if the BB raised. Against an unknown, I would c/r most of the time.

-DrG

BottlesOf
04-28-2005, 12:12 AM
yea, I only want to be raising this preflop out of opos, if I think doing so will help me win the pot UI, w/o sd.

NLSoldier
04-28-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why wouldn't you want him there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, after seeing this hand maybe you have a point /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

theBruiser500
04-28-2005, 01:32 AM
Daryn doesn't know what he's talking about you are definitly right. You don't want me playing in your game, but I'm going to anyway.

NLSoldier
04-28-2005, 05:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Daryn doesn't know what he's talking about you are definitly right. You don't want me playing in your game, but I'm going to anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, fair enough man.