PDA

View Full Version : Party mini-steps

Paradigm
04-27-2005, 05:22 PM
Any thoughts? On a whim, I entered and won a Mini Step 1 today, and was wondering if there was any advice to continue up the ladder. Should I become more aggressive, do players tighten up? Thanks for any responses!

dfscott
04-27-2005, 05:26 PM
The search function is your friend...

But since I'm feeling generous, here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=2216499 &Forum=,f22,&Words=mini&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Main =2216499&Search=true&where=sub&Name=&daterange=1&n ewerval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bodypre v=#Post2216499) you go.

Paradigm
04-27-2005, 05:38 PM
Yes, I read that thread before I posted this (perhaps I should have mentioned that) but I just wanted to see if anybody has any insight into any different Mini Step play from a regular SNG. 'tis all.

ilya
04-27-2005, 05:40 PM
LIBERA TE EX INFERIS

i.e. go all-in every hand and bust as quickly as possible. never play a mini-step again.

stupidsucker
04-27-2005, 05:53 PM
edit:

What I originaly said made no sense...

these are a crap rake suck. The payout is too flat to reward good play. And you have to be able to beat step 5 in order to make an money at all. Harder then you may think

Apathy
04-27-2005, 06:13 PM
Agreed, from what I have seen the players in mini step 5 are signisigantly better then your average 215 lineup.

gasgod
04-27-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Agreed, from what I have seen the players in mini step 5 are signisigantly better then your average 215 lineup.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've watched a few, and I agree wholeheartedly. There are players like TKeller19 that buy into mini step 5 directly, apparently as a way to play for higher stakes than the 215's. If you cannot compete at that level, you are just enriching Party.

GG

skipperbob
04-27-2005, 06:50 PM
My record in regular steps is 23 ITM's outa 44 (S-5)appearances.
I cannot get past S-3 (Highers)

theordinaryboy
04-27-2005, 07:03 PM
If you are gonna play your min-step 2 i would advise playing very tight 1st three rounds. Then play for fifth and when you get five handed become super-aggressive and play for second.

In the limited experience i have found the mini-step 2's to be incredibly poor standard. You should be 7 or even 6 handed by level 4 and then good blind stealing play should give you a good chance for the freeroll.

P.s. the tactic of playing for fifth then first/second is one where time doesn't matter as you will repeat the same step many times as you will finish 3rd-5th more times than 1st-2nd

i am beginning to agree with apathy on the steps, that you are better off playing regular sng's. However, more due to the time it takes to work your way up the steps and the psychological affects of bad beats high up.

But if you want to play it then this is how i suggest playing it.

d1sterbd
04-30-2005, 08:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've watched a few, and I agree wholeheartedly. There are players like TKeller19 that buy into mini step 5 directly, apparently as a way to play for higher stakes than the 215's. If you cannot compete at that level, you are just enriching Party.

GG

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just like the regular steps. If you have the talent and the bankroll.. buy in at the top.