PDA

View Full Version : Flopped Straight Flush, No Action(low content)

alobar1010
04-27-2005, 05:08 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG ($24.75)
UTG+1 ($25.50)
MP1 ($16.60)
MP2 ($9.05)
CO ($4.90)
Button ($18.65)
SB ($10.95)
Hero ($25.60)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.25, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($1) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, Button checks.

River: ($1) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $25.35</font>, MP1 folds, Button folds, SB folds.

I tried to overbet to misrepresent my hand. No luck.
Final Pot: $26.60

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 3d Ad (straight flush, five high).
Outcome: Hero wins $26.60. </font>

Balla2hot4u
04-27-2005, 05:20 PM
i find myself when i have the best hand to check and try and reraise as well.. You def should have raised here on every street!

btetreau
04-27-2005, 05:31 PM
Good overbet, too bad nobody had the Jd and wanted to play.... There is not much else you can do there. If you raise it $0.50 or something and they call, you will get that much more out of them in this situation as opposed to pushing. However, all it would take is a donk to call this once every fifty times thinking you are bluffing a high diamond to make it work, and seeing as how SB had already taken a stab....

There has been a bunch of talk of-late about minraising, and how it is worthless, etc.... I think that it does nothing 95% of the time, but this might be the time for it on the turn or even the flop. If you raise it $0.10 or $0.25 you'll either build the pot a little bit if anyone calls, know that nobody has crap and you wouldn't get any more into the pot anyway, or (hopefully) get reraised.

Nice hand.

Alexthegreat
04-27-2005, 05:46 PM
Don't overbet here...It's all well and good to point out that if you are called one time in 50 it will be +EV...The situation doesn't come up often enough for an overbet to be even considered profitable...Bet the flop, Any A, two pair or set will call you...Sometimes you won't get any action, but people are much more willing to put money in on the flop than the turn and river...

poboy
04-27-2005, 08:49 PM
You might want to try betting next time. Betting the flop is best since people always want to see one more card, take advantage of this. Not to mention if you play your big hands this way , it will become quite obvious to your opponents whether you actually have the goods. I think if you're going to slowplay at all I would prefer to bet the flop,check the turn, raise the bluff. JMO

Felipe
04-28-2005, 12:00 AM
BLINDPOST:

first, i don't know or don't play no limit. I know limit and play limit (micro limits for the time being).

I'm going to blind post this because I want to learn more about NL hold'em. Its so 'cool' and popular, e.one i know doesn't want to play limit, they want the glamour and the 'bluff' aspect of NL. ANYWAYS. I'm going to critique this hand, if you will...

1. you can't win money if you don't bet
you should have bet a big, get a couple of calls, you're hand is a guaranteed winner, only a royal flush can beat you, give people something to chew on, like nickles, quarters and dollars. Then they call, you fatten the pot.

2. you checked the flop, maybe hoping someone else would bet
bet yourself! take this s@it by the horns, get money in the pot, let them get the "odds" to call....Make em think, ahhh, only an extra buck or two, i call!

3. you can raise the SB a bit on the river, calling all-in I think frighttens people. Only the K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif came up, he thinks you've got the Ace (and you do, but in this case its low). I think if you bet flop, turn, river, you'd get more than $3-$4 bucks for a very rare hand.

thoughts.....

Felipe
04-28-2005, 12:01 AM
all it would take is a donk to call this once every fifty times...

flopping a st8flush is gonna happen 50 times?