PDA

View Full Version : weak or just right?

Kimpan
04-27-2005, 03:10 PM
button is 42/8.1/0.4
no read on SB

did I miss any bets? is this a good line?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (12 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 14 BB

MrWookie47
04-27-2005, 03:52 PM
I'm pretty new to HUSH play, but I'll chime in and let a HUSH veteran shoot me down.

I think I play this the same. The SnG when a brick falls frequently says "moran" to me. That said, the double SnG is odd enough that he may actually have something, even if it does look like he's a few donuts short of a dozen. Since there's no way you can fold, I don't think there's anything you can do but call that river.

Edit: You could consider 3betting preflop, but button's PFR is so low that I could understand just calling here.

PassiveCaller
04-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Just right.

Girchuck
04-27-2005, 03:57 PM
This is ok. If button is drawing to the flush, you will not collect an overcall on the river, but SB donk-betting three times could be confusing.
Do you think you are ahead of SB on the turn? If you have a strong opinion that you are, river card does not help SB, and raising the river is safe and profitable.
With this hand, you might consider three-betting preflop sometimes, if the button steals too often.

Grisgra
04-27-2005, 04:03 PM
I don't 3-bet the button here because he's not too aggressive and I'm probably behind to A-high . . . and he'll probably chase an ace to the river (seems that's what he did here). I'd play the hand the same way.

RunDownHouse
04-27-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm probably behind to A-high

[/ QUOTE ]
Back to being Grisga for you.

EDIT: I just call river. No telling if he backed into two pair or whatever, and I don't mind getting a look at his cards (on the off chance he'd fold to your raise, although I think that's pretty slim).

Grisgra
04-27-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm probably behind to A-high

[/ QUOTE ]
Back to being Grisga for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose there's a case for raising, but adding money to the pot when I'm probably behind and I'm out of position . . . I dunno, seems pretty iffy to me. Against an likely button steal, raising here is fine.

RunDownHouse
04-27-2005, 06:02 PM
Ah. My bad, you were referring to preflop and I was referring to post flop. No, I probably wouldn't 3bet this particular player pf either.