PDA

View Full Version : 55 - standard?

J.DP
04-27-2005, 03:08 PM
How did I do?

SB is a typical 17/9 TAG. No reads on BB.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Thanks.

JoshuaD
04-27-2005, 03:14 PM
I don't open limp from MP1 with 55. I'll fold it there. I'll open limp from UTG+1 or UTG with it, folding it after that unless there are limpers in front of me.

I fold the flop after BB calls, I'd raise otherwise.

The turn raise is good as long as your folding to a 3-bet. I also like taking the free showdown, the turn and the river together are a nice play. However, if you think he'll call the river with AK or AQ unimproved, it's worth betting again on the river.

Fat Nicky
04-27-2005, 03:18 PM
i don't like it. You should have folded twice before the turn.

jskills
04-27-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't open limp from MP1 with 55. I'll fold it there. I'll open limp from UTG+1 or UTG with it, folding it after that unless there are limpers in front of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you help me with this one please? So you limp from EP but fold (not limp or raise) from MP?

jskills
04-27-2005, 04:10 PM
Easy fold on the flop for me. Preflop raiser is still betting (of course) and someone is cold calling? - you've gotta be beat and looking at 2 outs.

crunchy1
04-27-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Could you help me with this one please? So you limp from EP but fold (not limp or raise) from MP?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can limp EP in games where you expect to have callers behind you. You fold from MP in these games because there is less probability (with less players left to act) that you're going to get the # of callers you desire for the small pairs.

Personally - I like a raise here. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

jskills
04-27-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can limp EP in games where you expect to have callers behind you. You fold from MP in these games because there is less probability (with less players left to act) that you're going to get the # of callers you desire for the small pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense. Thx.

[ QUOTE ]
Personally - I like a raise here. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Yep, that's what I'm talkin bout.

crunchy1
04-27-2005, 04:16 PM
The TAG SB's PF raising standards are probably pretty light in this spot (especially if he's a tricky player). I think you're probably about 50/50 to still be ahead on the flop. The problem here is that the BB called PF and again on the flop.

Easy fold on the flop.

If you're gonna play PF - raise.

tipperdog
04-27-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

SB is a typical 17/9 TAG. No reads on BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is a typical LAG /images/graemlins/grin.gif. I would have folded pre-flop or on the flop. Post-flop, the only move I like is the river check.

RiverTheNuts
04-27-2005, 04:25 PM
open limping from MP with ANY hand is bad... if you cant raise then fold... your implieds are non existant for a hand like 55... just fold it

CanKid
04-27-2005, 04:29 PM
Bet the river