PDA

View Full Version : bet the turn and river here?

Noodles
04-27-2005, 01:42 PM
1/2 6 handed

hero in CO with 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
utg limps,MP folds,CO limps,Hero bets,BB calls as do the rest

FLOP:4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif
checked to me i bet, BB and utg call

TURN:Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
yukkk,i hate these situations,should i check here?
if i check i may miss money on smaller pairs of draws,if i check a Q or J will bet and i suppose ill have to call anyway.
i bet and they called

River>Jh
yukkkkkkkk! they check to me,i check behind,
ok after they have shown no strenght at all,should i bet here?
if they CR me i can fold easy ,can I?

thing is if they are drawing a bet is of no use,if they have smaller pairs i missed a value bet,

imported_CaseClosed326
04-27-2005, 01:45 PM
I am pretty sure you can bet the entire time and fold to a c/r and be happy with yourself. Unless you know something about the player being tricky.

Girchuck
04-27-2005, 01:46 PM
That is some wierd variation of holdem. So, you are last to act on the flop, but first to act on the turn? And last to act on the river again? I don't understand the action.

Surfbullet
04-27-2005, 01:46 PM
The turn bet is good as worse hands are going to call and you can fold to a raise.

I value bet the river here against two opponents - a flush will raise me and I can fold, and I rarely encounter bluff-raises on the river in multiway pots, so I can be confident in my fold. Additionally, a J being out there seems very unlikely given that noone raised the flop.

Surf

Bluffoon
04-27-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1/2 6 handed

hero in CO with 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
utg limps,MP folds,CO limps,Hero bets,BB calls as do the rest

FLOP:4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif
checked to me i bet, BB and utg call

TURN:Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
yukkk,i hate these situations,should i check here?
if i check i may miss money on smaller pairs of draws,if i check a Q or J will bet and i suppose ill have to call anyway.
i bet and they called

River>Jh
yukkkkkkkk! they check to me,i check behind,
ok after they have shown no strenght at all,should i bet here?
if they CR me i can fold easy ,can I?

thing is if they are drawing a bet is of no use,if they have smaller pairs i missed a value bet,

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you played this fine.

I think you have to bet the turn to charge the draws and you can safely fold to a raise and I can't imagine a worse hand calling a bet on the river often enough to bet for value.

Noodles
04-27-2005, 01:55 PM
o yea i mean ,they check,i bet ,they call

Girchuck
04-27-2005, 01:56 PM
Now, I understand, you bet last on the turn, because you are certain that a Q or J will bet on the river, and you don't want to miss bets if no one has Q or J. What do you do if someone bets this river after calling your turn bet?
So far, no one asserted that they beat your pair. So bet the turn, check the river is ok against two players who are this passive. Depending on how loose the UTG is, you have to decide how likely is the UTG to hold a 2 or a 4 in the hand. If a UTG is at least somewhat likely to have a 2 or a 4, then it is possible that river bet is superior to check.