PDA

View Full Version : should i have called this river

Noodles
04-27-2005, 01:31 PM
1/2 6 handed.
hero on button with J /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG limps,MP bets,CO (poster) calls, Hero 2 bets,sb folds,the rest all call

FLOP:A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
check,check, MP bets, i call,BB calls,utg folds

ok should i have raised here? may get me a free turn card,pumps the pot if the spade comes

turn : 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif check,MP bets, hero calls, bb calls

River:9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
check,MP bets, hero folds,bb calls

ok 1st the flop should i have raised or not?
then the river a lesser hand than JJ might keep betting here,if it was HU i would have called him but when he bets into 2 that have been calling all the way i figure JJ is no good,

billyjex
04-27-2005, 01:53 PM
I would raise the flop for the free card potential.

On the river there's no way you're ahead if he bet all three streets w/ 2 overcards.

Noodles
04-27-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would raise the flop for the free card potential

[/ QUOTE ]
yea and if i do get reraised on the flop that isnt the worst thing either with lots of outs

Girchuck
04-27-2005, 02:26 PM
I think that keeping the BB in the pot is more valuable to you than a free card. If you hit, you want to collect as many bets as you can, and its easier with more people in the pot.
Also, the free card is not guaranteed if you raise, and presense of another player makes it easier to decide if MP is bluffing

TMFS9
04-27-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that keeping the BB in the pot is more valuable to you than a free card. If you hit, you want to collect as many bets as you can, and its easier with more people in the pot.
Also, the free card is not guaranteed if you raise, and presense of another player makes it easier to decide if MP is bluffing

[/ QUOTE ]

Also getting 3 bet on the flop wouldn't be too fun either.

RunDownHouse
04-27-2005, 03:25 PM
Put me in the "no flop raise" camp. Its unlikely you're best, there's a decent chance you'll get 3bet, and you've got a lot of outs to improve to either a set (kinda tainted, I guess) or the second-nut flush. Let weak players hang around, try to improve cheaply.

Noodles
04-28-2005, 06:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

o yea didnt think about wanting to keep the other guy in,makes sense alright,
thats is why i folded on the rivered since i didnt think there was much chance the bettor would bluff into 2 callers