PDA

View Full Version : Too passive with 88?

coolhanded
04-27-2005, 01:17 PM
BB is LAGgy (35 vpip); MP2 and CO are ~20/8 types.

Party $5/$10 Bad Beat Jackpot

Hero is UTG+2 with 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

2 folds, <font color="red"> Hero calls </font> , 1 fold, MP2 calls, 1 fold, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks. (5 players)

Flop: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif (5.5 SB)

BB bets, Hero folds...

Thoughts on a pre-flop raise from UTG+2 and the raise vs. fold flop decision with BB leading and 3 players behind Hero.

NickRegino
04-27-2005, 01:34 PM
maybe a little, i would have called on the flop and if I did not improve on the turn I would fold

meep_42
04-27-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
maybe a little, i would have called on the flop and if I did not improve on the turn I would fold

[/ QUOTE ]

The only reason to call the flop would be to raise a non-A/K turn card. You're not getting odds to draw.

OP - Against a LAGgy BB, i'm raising this and getting to showdown (unless there's a caller/3-bettor behind me)

-d

imported_CaseClosed326
04-27-2005, 01:38 PM
Are there any cards on the turn besides another 8 that would be improving on the turn? Or another diamond? The backdoor flush does not seem like it would be good enough times and as far as I can tell he does not have the odds to try and hit a set on the turn. At lease I don't think he does.

I am always confused on these situations where someone with a middle PP says they should call the turn and fold UI. Help me out here if I am missing something.

Fat Nicky
04-27-2005, 01:40 PM
I usually raise pre-flop here.

On the flop, I'd raise the lag BBs bet and take it from there.

chief444
04-27-2005, 02:10 PM
I don't know...on a Q22 flop and a 3BB pot I don't see how folding is wrong.

Fat Nicky
04-27-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i understand the pot is small, but I see there being a good possibility of us having the best hand at the moment, do you really wanna give this pot up that easily.

chief444
04-27-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i understand the pot is small, but I see there being a good possibility of us having the best hand at the moment, do you really wanna give this pot up that easily.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah...I really don't mind folding. I don't know...my gut feel is hero's ahead maybe ~40% of the time here and wins the pot maybe half of that. Too conservative you think?

Fat Nicky
04-27-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah...I really don't mind folding. I don't know...my gut feel is hero's ahead maybe ~40% of the time here and wins the pot maybe half of that. Too conservative you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

the more I think about this, the more I see your point, I don't know if I will fold, but in the long run, I don't see this either play being a big deal on our bottom line.

sthief09
04-27-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there's very little in the pot, 88 has 2 outs if behind, and anyone that wants to come along has outs

sthief09
04-27-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

slightly ahead or way behind is a crappy situation to be in. there's also people to act behind him