PDA

View Full Version : Good position play?

marsvolta619
04-27-2005, 01:07 PM
BB is kind of laggy but I've noticed him raising and betting with nothing a lot.

Ultimate Bet 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (1.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: 4.50 BB

Grisgra
04-27-2005, 01:12 PM
Why not bet the flop? As you did not, the turn raise is great.

Nikla
04-27-2005, 01:21 PM
Grossly misplayed on all streets. Raise PF and follow it up with a flopbet. Instead you chose to limp PF, check behind on flop and put 2 big bets in on turn in a very small pot having no idea where you stand in the hand.

You need to work on your game.
-Nikla

imported_CaseClosed326
04-27-2005, 01:26 PM
Raise preflop. I don't see any reason why not to.

Bet the flop. Again, you have position on two people who have showed zero strength.

Fold the turn, the only hands you beat are a bluff or pair of fours. The pot is small and you could be very far behind.

Grisgra
04-27-2005, 01:29 PM
Two threads in a row where my advice differs from Nikla = I suck.

Can't believe I missed the extraordinarily bad pf limp. Given the way you played the hand, though, I still like the turn raise more than calling letting a six-outer get another shot on the river or letting SB stick around with who knows how many outs. If it were HU and there was a 80%+ chance that the BB bets the river whether he improves or not, then I'd just call.

Grisgra
04-27-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Fold the turn, the only hands you beat are a bluff or pair of fours. The pot is small and you could be very far behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot may be small, but I think BB is probably full of it, and Hero picks up this 2.5BB pot with his 2BB investment on the turn raise *well* over 50% of the time.

Grisgra
04-27-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot may be small, but I think BB is probably full of it, and Hero picks up this 2.5BB pot with his 2BB investment on the turn raise *well* over 50% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

(Which means, yes, that raising the turn here with AnyTwoCards is something I'll do a nontrivial amount of the time against an aggressive opponent.)

KaiShin
04-27-2005, 02:50 PM
You gotta raise this PF.

I'd bet the flop too.

JrJordan
04-27-2005, 02:56 PM
What others say. Raise PF, bet the flop. Since you didn't I think the turn raise is ok here if you have a read that he'll try a steal. You might even get someone else with a mid pair to fold when it's two to them.