PDA

View Full Version : Some strange sh*t, what do I make of it? *warning, long*

Alobar
04-27-2005, 12:32 PM
So I'm sitting at my comp lastnight when my phone rings around 10pm. It's this smokin hot girl I used to poke about 2 years ago, who I now haven't seen in over a year. She called me out of the blue like 2 weeks ago, with the old "I was just going through my phone and saw your number" line, and then started to tell me how her boyfriend broke up with her and all that jazz. We all know what that means!! So anyway, for various reasons it hadnt worked out yet for us to meet. So then this phone call lastnight happens and she wants me to come pick her up and then hang out at my place (cuz shes never seen it before).

So I go pick her up (oh man, she's even hotter now than she was a year ago) and we get back to my place a bit after 11pm. I live in Ahwatukee now, which for the people outside of Phoenix, is a pretty nice area of town, so crime isn't a big issue. I park my truck in the garage, AND CLOSE (Im 100% positive of this) the garage door.

We hang out downstairs till about 12:30am watching videos and drinking a couple beers. At which point I make my move, and then we head up stairs. All the doors to my house are locked, except for the back sliding glass door. So we go upstairs and have some pretty loud sex until about 2am. Now my dog doesn't like whenever I'm getting it on, so she is downstairs. After the sex, my friend goes downstairs to use the bathroom. Which isn't unusual for her, cuz she has this phobia about people hearing her while shes peeing. She is downstairs for prolly 5 minutes. Then comes back up and we are cuddle, my dog is also on the bed too. I fall alseep and at 3am she wakes me up asking if I would take her home, cuz she has to go to work at 11.

So we get dressed, walk downstairs and I let my dog out into the backyard and lock the sliding glass door, then we go into the garage. Now when I open the door to the garage and turn on the light, I see some wierd [censored]. The drivers door is open, the gas tank lid is open, the glove box, center console, and all the little compartments inside are open. I have a row of floor to ceiling storage cabinets in the garage, those are all open. The "suitcases" in my tool box have been taken out (I dunno what to call them, like the hard plastic container that holds all the wrenches and stuff), and just sat nicely directly in front of the toolbox. Absolutely NOTHING is missing. I check the side door that goes into the garage and it is locked. So to get in the garage they had to come through the house.

Since nothing is taken, I think maybe they wernt done and there is a possibility someone is still in the house. Someone could easily have ducked into the downstairs bathroom or bedroom when they heard us start moving around. So I call the police, cuz my skinny white ass doesnt wanna go searching through the house to see if someone is there, I'll let the guy with the badge and the gun do that.

like 15(!!) minutes later 2 cops show up, I explain to the main cop what happened. And after like 5 minutes of explaining the same siituationhe finally gets it, and they go make a round through the house. They finish and the guy tells me "welp, no one was in your house tonight." All kind of matter of factly then implies that we were high or something, and did it our selves. Wow, nice. So the two douches leave and I take my friend home.

Now logically I can only deduce 3 possibilites.

1) Someone, who saw the lights and the TV on, still decided to break into my house, snuck in the back door (without my dog ever hearing it) went through the house, never touching anything. My wallet wasnt taken, my friends purse wasnt touched, nothing downstairs was even moved. Went into the garage and then went through my truck, but took nothing. Ive 2 bicycles each worth over 2 grand a piece, a tool box full of tools, all kinds of stuff. They took nothing. just opened everything and then snuck back out of the house the way they came, again, without my dog ever hearing it. If it was while we were having sex, my dog was downstairs, if it was afterwords while my dog was upstairs, they had less than an hour and made no noise. Why would a burgler do this? It makes no sense. My friend says they were scoping the place out to come back and rob it later.

2) My place is haunted. I've been here for not quite 2 months tho, and have not had one even remotely wierd thing happen.

3) My friend did it when she was downstairs "using the bathroom". Obviously since she was naked at the time she couldnt take anything, and since I was her ride home, she couldnt take anything, so thats why my wallet wasnt touched or anything of that nature. Or mmaybe she wasnt trying to take anything, just wanted to make it look like a ghost or something, cuz for what ever phsycological reason she was compelled to do this. I just dont get what her motivation for this would have been, and I don't see her doing that. But then I also havent seen her in over a year, she is only 20, and was a little on the immature side when I knew her before.

So wtf do I do now? If it was a robber, am I supposed to worry they were casing the place and will be back? Or does it make more sense it was this chick, and if thats true, then I'm not hanging out with her again, but since I cant say for any certainty it was her (and shes never done nothinglike that before in the past) that would be some pretty damn good sex to toss out the window just on a suspision. Or is my place haunted???

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Any of you who actually made it through this long ass post, have any advice or suggestions???

Slow Play Ray
04-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Damn why did I read that whole thing?

Sounds to me like somebody was looking for something specific, for whatever reason, and didn't find it...

P.S. But who cares, at least you got some tail.

PoBoy321
04-27-2005, 12:39 PM
Yeah, that makes absolutely no sense.

I really doubt that it was robbers casing the place, because if they were scoping it out to rob it later, why would they have gone through all your stuff in the garage, to let you know that they were there? It'd just give you a way to get a security system or something so that you could protect against them.

I doubt that it was a robber who got scared off, because wouldn't your dog have started barking or attacking him when he came in?

At the same time, I doubt it was the girl, because if it was only 5 minutes, that really isn't enough time to go through all of that stuff in your garage.

SomethingClever
Is the interstellar pig hidden in your garage?

Weird story, dude. At least you got some.

Rick Diesel
Is it possible for your "friend" to unlock the side door to the garage when she went downstairs, to let an accomplice in to attempt to rob you. The accomplice was too scared to come through the rest of the house, so just went through the garage looking for anything that they may value. They did not find anything and then went back out through the side door and locked it as they left?

kerssens
04-27-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible for your "friend" to unlock the side door to the garage when she went downstairs, to let an accomplice in to attempt to rob you. The accomplice was too scared to come through the rest of the house, so just went through the garage looking for anything that they may value. They did not find anything and then went back out through the side door and locked it as they left?

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems very logical.

B Dids
04-27-2005, 12:40 PM
Sounds like somebody was looking for something, do you have anything worth looking for that somebody might be trying to find?

If I was the paranoid type, I'd say the girl set it up so that a friend could come and go through your [censored], looking for something (your roll maybe?).

lucas9000
04-27-2005, 12:41 PM
i've typed replies, then deleted them, about 4 different times. i really don't know what to make of this.

slickpoppa
04-27-2005, 12:44 PM
That's really weird, I don't know what to say

offTopic
04-27-2005, 12:44 PM
http://www.kinopolis.de/filminfo/p/img/poltergeist01plakat.jpg

Eurotrash
04-27-2005, 12:45 PM
didn't any of you guys used to do this kind of thing in high school or some [censored] as a prank?

we used to call it "spaceshipping" somebody's car, I believe.. you find a friend's car when they're in close proximity to it and will soon find it, and you open up every door/latch/window you possibly can as a joke.

that's honestly the only thing I can think of. do any of your friends live nearby? Maybe they got sick of hearing you bang this girl and wanted to play a joke on you.

edit: hmm.. I didn't explain that concept very well, I don't think, but hopefully somebody can understand. and usually if we ever did this, it wasn't at 3 AM or so.

bosoxfan
04-27-2005, 12:46 PM
Don't discount the haunted theory. I thought for a time that my house was haunted.

Alobar
04-27-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well the door is locked with a dead bolt, so they wouldn't ahve been able to lock it behind them. Also it was the first time this girl had been to my house, and she had no clue as to where it was. I also live about 25 mins from her (and thus her friends). The only time she was away from me that whole night was when she went to the bathroom, so I dont think even if she called someone on her phone and gave them directions, it would be enough time for them to get there and do their business before we left.

She was doing lots of text messaging while we were hanging out watching videos. but I was sitting right next to her, and she made no attempt to "hide" whatever she was typing, so I doubt it was that either.

Sponger15SB
04-27-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
She was doing lots of text messaging while we were hanging out watching videos.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a bitch.

willie
04-27-2005, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems very logical.

[/ QUOTE ]

somewhat, but i kind of doubt it. if it was this old scam- this has been done to sportbike riders with some regularity. Random hot chick sees a guy on a bike, flags him down in traffic, gets him to come back to her place. He splits the middle while her buddies rob the bike, sometimes the guy gets his ass kicked too- it's a funny scam.

now, if she was involved in this in anyway then there is no way that she would have wanted to go home at 3am. the OP just busted and was probably in a post sex semi-coma and had to drag his ass out of bed to drive her home. If there was a team working here, the girl would have just had him sleep the whole night and then act shocked as hell when everything is missing in the morning.

that said, i have no idea what caused this. I say it was your dog bein a smartass since you KNOW he doesn't like you gettin laid.

nolanfan34
04-27-2005, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I was the paranoid type, I'd say the girl set it up so that a friend could come and go through your [censored], looking for something (your roll maybe?).

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems logical too. Just too much of a coincidence that this happens when she just happens to be there.

Alobar
04-27-2005, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
didn't any of you guys used to do this kind of thing in high school or some [censored] as a prank?

we used to call it "spaceshipping" somebody's car, I believe.. you find a friend's car when they're in close proximity to it and will soon find it, and you open up every door/latch/window you possibly can as a joke.

that's honestly the only thing I can think of. do any of your friends live nearby? Maybe they got sick of hearing you bang this girl and wanted to play a joke on you.

edit: hmm.. I didn't explain that concept very well, I don't think, but hopefully somebody can understand. and usually if we ever did this, it wasn't at 3 AM or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes some sense, but why would she let me call the cops, and then have to sit around and wait for who knows how long, when it was late and she was tired??

also, none of my friends live evern remotely close to me.

DireWolf
04-27-2005, 12:52 PM
The more i think about this the wierder it gets.

beerbandit
04-27-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What a bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate that [censored] too, atleast she wasnt talking on the phone --- and she gave you the booty

beerbandit
04-27-2005, 12:54 PM
he commented in another post that the garage door was locked with the deadbolt so someone leaving would be unable to lock it from the outside without a key

similar to what i thought at first

Eurotrash
04-27-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That makes some sense, but why would she let me call the cops, and then have to sit around and wait for who knows how long, when it was late and she was tired??

also, none of my friends live evern remotely close to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, yeah. See, I was guessing that it was some other friends that happened to live close by... like the guys you usually hang out with, etc. but I guess if they don't live close to you, then this theory kind of goes out the window.

I agree it's really weird for the girl to do it herself then let you call the cops and all that unless she was really twisted.

I really don't know, man. weird stuff.

kerssens
04-27-2005, 12:56 PM
Did any previous owner die in your house?

B Dids
04-27-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What a bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forreal. That's annoying.

beerbandit
04-27-2005, 12:57 PM
tis weird

maybe shes just one of those wierd girls and felt like looking through some of your [censored]

garage was safer, because of the possiblity of you hearing her --

not sure especially since your dog did not bark/growl -- almost all dogs would become defensive here, i believe

i would watch things a little closer for a while -- keeping all doors locked and quit hiding an extra front door key under the door mat , atleast for a while

cheers

Shajen
04-27-2005, 01:03 PM
Sorry man, at the time it seemed like a good joke.

Didn't realize you'd take it this hard.

Oh well. I'll make sure I don't do it again.

Was just messin with you.

Eurotrash
04-27-2005, 01:03 PM
This seems to me like it's the most curious and weirdest part.

why the hell would somebody do this unless it was a prank akin to the one I mentioned? I'm not necessarily trying to argue totally in favor of that explanation, but the gas tank thing has me baffled... really weird.

asofel
04-27-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

why the hell would somebody do this unless it was a prank akin to the one I mentioned? I'm not necessarily trying to argue totally in favor of that explanation, but the gas tank thing has me baffled... really weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i thought you were going to find sugar or some substance in there...

there are only a couple of real possibilities. Friends seem out of the question. A ghost didn't do it. I doubt this girl let anyone in or anything. Seems like its gotta be some strange joke by her. Maybe she'll tell you next week "oh it was me....but wasn't it kinda exciting?"

then you run...

Eurotrash
04-27-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking that too, but if somebody put sugar in the gas tank, my guess would be they wouldnt leave the cover open as an indication that the tank has been messed with.

[ QUOTE ]
there are only a couple of real possibilities. Friends seem out of the question. A ghost didn't do it. I doubt this girl let anyone in or anything. Seems like its gotta be some strange joke by her. Maybe she'll tell you next week "oh it was me....but wasn't it kinda exciting?"

then you run...

[/ QUOTE ]

hah, I was also thinking about this option with the girl telling you a few days down the road. and I like the suggestion to run, she might even have a voodoo doll of you /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Alobar
04-27-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the gas tank is by far the wierdest bit. Unless they were trying to pop the hood for whatever reason and hit that latch first by mistkae (they are next to each other in my truck), but the hood was never popped.

Also I should clarify, the lid to the gas tank was open, the actual gas cap was stll on.

Maybe they were looking to steal it, like looking for a spare key or something? But they could have just taken my keys off the counter

[ QUOTE ]

then you run...

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. Which is why I cant figure if I'd rather have had it been a robber or her. A robber and I feel unsafe in my own home. If its her, then she curbside, which would suck, cuz she smokin and I'm hoping we continue for a little while.

asofel
04-27-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the gas tank is by far the wierdest bit. Unless they were trying to pop the hood for whatever reason and hit that latch first by mistkae (they are next to each other in my truck), but the hood was never popped.

Also I should clarify, the lid to the gas tank was open, the actual gas cap was stll on.

Maybe they were looking to steal it, like looking for a spare key or something? But they could have just taken my keys off the counter

[ QUOTE ]

then you run...

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. Which is why I cant figure if I'd rather have had it been a robber or her. A robber and I feel unsafe in my own home. If its her, then she curbside, which would suck, cuz she smokin and I'm hoping we continue for a little
while.

[/ QUOTE ]

if the fine minds of OOT can't deduce what really happened, then I think you're out of luck. My advice to you is to enjoy banging the hell of the hot-but-possibly-psychotic-robber-chick and keep on keepin on.

mostsmooth
04-27-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i've typed replies, then deleted them, about 4 different times. i really don't know what to make of this.

[/ QUOTE ]
sounds like indecision to me, a mental disorder perhaps. i type things and post em, no problem.

mostsmooth
04-27-2005, 01:49 PM
sounds like the chick definitely had something to do with it.
i say you set up a hidden cam in the garage and have her over again.
i further say you set up a hidden cam in the garage no matter what.
as far as "casing" the place goes, no burglar is going to go through all that to see what they can come back for later to take, unless its a big item like a motorcycle or car, but they dont look for motorcycles in cabinets. and if they were looking for the keys, they wouldnt want you to know they were there.
final thought, the chick definitely had something to do with it, probably all of it.

BusterStacks
04-27-2005, 01:57 PM
Sounds like something a tweaker would do. Or someone like Ginger from 'Casino'.

Bluffoon
04-27-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

he commented in another post that the garage door was locked with the deadbolt so someone leaving would be unable to lock it from the outside without a key

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have an automatic garage door? The perp could open the door, hit the button to close it and duck out.

mostsmooth
04-27-2005, 02:00 PM
btw she could have done this while you were sleeping from 2-3am, no?

Rick Diesel
04-27-2005, 02:10 PM
What kind of truck do you have? Could someone have entered the house by jumping in the back of the pickup while you were picking the broad up and hiding there until you went upstairs? Could someone have snuck into the garage while you had it open when you were returning from picking the broad up?

daryn
04-27-2005, 02:18 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
What kind of truck do you have? Could someone have entered the house by jumping in the back of the pickup while you were picking the broad up and hiding there until you went upstairs?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah.. i like this.

Alobar
04-27-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have an automatic garage door? The perp could open the door, hit the button to close it and duck out.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I do....but I would have heard my garage door open

Alobar
04-27-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

naw, cuz she was laying with me, I would have woken up if she had untangled herself from me and snuck off

Alobar
04-27-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What kind of truck do you have? Could someone have entered the house by jumping in the back of the pickup while you were picking the broad up and hiding there until you went upstairs? Could someone have snuck into the garage while you had it open when you were returning from picking the broad up?

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, that would be freaky. Its not actually a truck tho, its a 4runner (SUV). I dunno why I call it a truck, old habit I guess cuz I used to own a truck, that and it sounds gay to use "SUV" in a sentance.

Bluffoon
04-27-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I do....but I would have heard my garage door open

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I sleep heavier than you. I never would hear that in my sleep.

turnipmonster
04-27-2005, 02:33 PM
my guess is someone wanted to steal the actual car and is looking for keys, or a psycho ex boyfriend followed the girl out and did this to mess with your head.

beerbandit
04-27-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think that if he has her over again and there is a hidden camera --- it should definetly not be in the garage

mostsmooth
04-27-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think that if he has her over again and there is a hidden camera --- it should definetly not be in the garage

[/ QUOTE ]there should be at least one in the garage

beerbandit
04-27-2005, 02:45 PM
agreed

slickpoppa
04-27-2005, 02:53 PM
Clearly the only way that OOT can determine if this girl was involved is by you posting naked pictures of her.

Stuey
04-27-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The drivers door is open, the gas tank lid is open, the glove box, center console, and all the little compartments inside are open. "This is a young bored kid playing"I have a row of floor to ceiling storage cabinets in the garage, those are all open. The "suitcases" in my tool box have been taken out (I dunno what to call them, like the hard plastic container that holds all the wrenches and stuff), and just sat nicely directly in front of the toolbox."This is for a short kid to stand on to reach higher shelves" Absolutely NOTHING is missing."weed is missing" I check the side door that goes into the garage and it is locked. So to get in the garage they had to come through the house.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a kid that lives close to you. He was looking for cash or drugs and booze only. He would not take your stuff as he is to young to fence it right and he could not use it without you seeing him.

Anyone else live with you? A younger brother that hides weed or booze in the garage? His friend wants to get high and comes to look for it. He finds what he wanted so he is sitting in the truck snooping around hitting all the buttons and crap. He gets spooked when the chick comes down stairs and jets.

Even if this is not what happened it is the best to believe. You don't have to fear a real robber, your chick is sane, and you could have hidden drugs in your garage! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jba
04-27-2005, 03:06 PM
i don't think it's really that mysterious. You were getting robbed (I don't understand how they got in without forcing entry, but clearly they did that somehow). You probably turned on lights, etc when you got up? Made some noise? you already said you opened a door. I'm guessing between this time and when you opened the garage they bolted, maybe through the front door. I'm about 99% sure if the chick woke you up at 7 am your stuff would be gone right now.

I can't see how the chick is part of it, if she was they easily could have gotten some stuff off you. remember she's woke you up to leave, why would she do that if they weren't done? I can't make any sense of this if she's involved. and usually I'm all about blaming the hos trust me.

or this chick is FREAKIN CRAZY

was she freaked out??

asofel
04-27-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The drivers door is open, the gas tank lid is open, the glove box, center console, and all the little compartments inside are open. "This is a young bored kid playing"I have a row of floor to ceiling storage cabinets in the garage, those are all open. The "suitcases" in my tool box have been taken out (I dunno what to call them, like the hard plastic container that holds all the wrenches and stuff), and just sat nicely directly in front of the toolbox."This is for a short kid to stand on to reach higher shelves" Absolutely NOTHING is missing."weed is missing" I check the side door that goes into the garage and it is locked. So to get in the garage they had to come through the house.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a kid that lives close to you. He was looking for cash or drugs and booze only. He would not take your stuff as he is to young to fence it right and he could not use it without you seeing him.

Anyone else live with you? A younger brother that hides weed or booze in the garage? His friend wants to get high and comes to look for it. He finds what he wanted so he is sitting in the truck snooping around hitting all the buttons and crap. He gets spooked when the chick comes down stairs and jets.

Even if this is not what happened it is the best to believe. You don't have to fear a real robber, your chick is sane, and you could have hidden drugs in your garage! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent line, and hereunto unmentioned. thoughts alobar?

maldini
04-27-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is kinda what i was thinking. more likely its a friend of yours. does anyone know you leave the back door unlocked? all my friends know that i do. it would make more sense if they could see your car in the driveway. noone interested in real theft would mess with the gas tank or leave everything so dishevled without taking anything. they'd grab the purse/wallet/keys and get out. no one keeps really expensive things in their toolbox.

that's also why the dog didnt make a fuss. she knew the person who entered.

they only other explanation is the girl did it as a prank but clammed up when she realized it wasnt so funny. pretty consistent with an immature 20 year old. can you smoke her out? if she left an earring or bobby pin or something, say you found it in the garage.

Reef
04-27-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
went through the garage looking for anything that they may value. They did not find anything and then went back out through the side door and locked it as they left?

[/ QUOTE ]

unlikely:

[ QUOTE ]
My wallet wasnt taken, my friends purse wasnt touched, nothing downstairs was even moved. Went into the garage and then went through my truck, but took nothing. Ive 2 bicycles each worth over 2 grand a piece, a tool box full of tools, all kinds of stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

shadow29
04-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Either

a) the chick looking for drugs

b) the neighbor's kid looking for drugs

DBowling
04-27-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What a bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

DBowling
04-27-2005, 06:49 PM
ok, i figured it out.

she was checking out all your [censored] so that she could come back later and rob you. the fact that she mentioned a burgler trying to case you gives it away. her response doesnt really make sense, but it will set it up if you get robbed in a few weeks and shes like "told ya so". It will be hard to suspect her. and like you said, she couldnt take anything with her this time. the fact that she left everything obvious makes it seem like she didnt want to just leave one cabinet open on accident and you realize it was her going through your [censored]. this way, it just looks more bizarre

Stuey
04-27-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After the sex, my friend goes downstairs to use the bathroom. Which isn't unusual for her, cuz she has this phobia about people hearing her while shes peeing. She is downstairs for prolly 5 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of chicks are like this with the don't listen to me pee stuff. People that are this hung up on stuff like that will not be the type to risk looking through your garage or setting you up to steal your stuff ect. Good chance she didn't like the dog listening to her pee either. Hot chicks can act crazy so they do.

TripleH68
04-27-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What a bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

She wasn't text messaging while you were banging was she?

NorCalJosh
04-27-2005, 07:08 PM
i don't understand why a girl pulling something like this would prevent sex? like relationship, yes, obviously prevents that.. but whats wrong with doing her if she's a nutcase?

Blarg
04-27-2005, 09:22 PM
Sounds like you were a lousy lay, so she made an excuse to go looking around for a murder weapon, but couldn't find anything gruesome enough.

mostsmooth
04-27-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the fact that she mentioned a burgler trying to case you gives it away. her response doesnt really make sense, but it will set it up if you get robbed in a few weeks and shes like "told ya so".

[/ QUOTE ]
i thought this very thing as well

Alobar
04-27-2005, 10:00 PM
So I go out through my garge today, to leave for a run. I dont have a garage door closing button next to the actual door, so I have the remote sitting on top of a shelf by the door (my vehicle has one of those program button things, so I dont use the remote in it), and guess what. My garage remote is gone. So some stuff makes more sence now. The reason they opened all the consoles in my truck, they were looking for the remote. I still cant figure out why the gas tank was opened, and my tool cases were moved.

I think more and more it points to this chick. If it was some burgler, and they broke in, and heard us upstairs they just would have left. If for some reason they didnt, they would have at least closed everything so I wouldn't notice or suspect anything. So the fact that they didnt means they must have been in a hurry. Why were they in a hurry? Cuz they were supposed to be down stairs peeing, and had limited time.

If it was her, it also eliminates the "shes just a headcase" angle, because taking my garage door opener implies returning at some point and ripping me off. Im going to be out of town in a couple days for the next 2 weeks, and she knows this. She also could have just stuck the garage door opener in her purse on her way back upstairs and I never would have known.

Also, she had gone down stairs and peed. Now dont you think at some point she would have said "I never noticed anything when I was downstairs, or heard anything" or at least would have mentioned something about being freaked out that she was peeing downstairs when a possible robber was in the garage. I find that odd.

So I changed the remote dealy on my garage, so now that remote wont work anymore. Im also going to call this chick today and tell her I found out what the burgler was after, and tell her I changed the garage remote. Im also gunna tell her that this has really kinda freaked me out so the guys from ADT are coming out tomorrow to install a security system (this isnt true). Then I think Im gunna tell her im not going out of town (also not true), and then just play phone tag with her while I'm really gone.

Im pretty bummed, one cuz I woudlnt ahve suspected her of this, and two, cuz I was really looking forward to some more booty. But its all just way to much of a coincidence to dismiss that it isnt her, and all the evidence adds up to her being the most likely.

At the very least tho, I can eliminate my house being haunted cuz ghosts dont steal remotes /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also to the people that mentioned it, I dont have any roomates, or any friends with a key to my place, or any friends that would drive over to my house at 2am and sneak in and mess with my stuff.

spamuell
04-27-2005, 10:07 PM
Sounds like you're doing the right thing, except:

[ QUOTE ]
the guys from ADT are coming out tomorrow to install a security system

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you actually get one if you can afford to?

adamstewart
04-27-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I still cant figure out why the gas tank was opened

[/ QUOTE ]

I know a number of people who hide 'spare keys' and stuff under the 'gas cap panel'.

Adam

thatpfunk
04-27-2005, 10:18 PM
I'm not sure if I missed this, but was she freaked out?

Most girls I know would freak about the chance they could have been downstairs while a burglar was there...

naphinfitos
04-27-2005, 10:27 PM
Maybe the garage door hit something on the way down and went back up? Mine does this when it doesn't close all the way (so little kids don'tget trapped under the door).

Alobar
04-27-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe the garage door hit something on the way down and went back up? Mine does this when it doesn't close all the way (so little kids don'tget trapped under the door).

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, mine doesn't. I call it the door of death for this very reason. Which is why I moved the remote next to the actual garage door, cuz I would hit the switch on the one side of the garage and then peddle my bike out, and was worried sometime I'd miss the pedal or something and not make it in time and pin myself or some other retarded [censored] /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Los Feliz Slim
04-27-2005, 10:50 PM
If she's this shady, God only knows what else she's been up to. Any unusual itching down below in the last couple of days?

Alobar
04-27-2005, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If she's this shady, God only knows what else she's been up to. Any unusual itching down below in the last couple of days?

[/ QUOTE ]

homie wrapped that [censored] up real good before he tapped it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

lu_hawk
04-27-2005, 11:28 PM
when i read the subject i knew with utmost certainty what i could expect in the first few sentences and you did not disappoint. we really need a new forum for these posts.

slickpoppa
04-28-2005, 12:25 AM
Alobar, I am not totally convinced that the chick was involved. If she was in cahoots with the burgler, why would she ask to leave early? And if the burglar knew that she was keeping you occuppied, why did he have to make such a hasty exit? Something just doesn't add up to me.

RunDownHouse
04-28-2005, 12:33 AM
Which is why I would have set a more crafty trap.

Richie Rich
04-28-2005, 12:46 AM
Your place is haunted.

Alobar
04-28-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Alobar, I am not totally convinced that the chick was involved. If she was in cahoots with the burgler, why would she ask to leave early? And if the burglar knew that she was keeping you occuppied, why did he have to make such a hasty exit? Something just doesn't add up to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think she had an acomplice. I think she acted on her own. When she went downstairs to pee, she really just went in my garage and went through stuff. I think there was also a high chance she specifically was looking for my garage door opener.

slickpoppa
04-28-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think she had an acomplice. I think she acted on her own. When she went downstairs to pee, she really just went in my garage and went through stuff. I think there was also a high chance she specifically was looking for my garage door opener.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but why would she leave everything askew?

Subfallen
04-28-2005, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
when i read the subject i knew with utmost certainty what i could expect in the first few sentences and you did not disappoint. we really need a new forum for these posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

Alobar
04-28-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but why would she leave everything askew?

[/ QUOTE ]

good question, why would anyone leave it askew tho? My only guess is she was in a hurry because she couldnt really be gone long or I'd wonder wtf happned to her.

Dead
04-28-2005, 01:04 AM
I think that you hallucinated the entire thing.

TimM
04-28-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Im also going to call this chick today and tell her I found out what the burgler was after, and tell her I changed the garage remote. Im also gunna tell her that this has really kinda freaked me out so the guys from ADT are coming out tomorrow to install a security system (this isnt true). Then I think Im gunna tell her im not going out of town (also not true), and then just play phone tag with her while I'm really gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would want to know for sure if it was her. I would set her up to get caught in the act:

Put the remote back to the way it was. Take the most valuable stuff out of the garage, and seal the door into the house. Set up cameras and set up a hidden alarm system. etc. When that door opens, whoever is there, and whatever car is there, will be caught on tape, and the (delayed) alarm will go off, forcing them to leave before they could find the cameras or recording device.

nothumb
04-28-2005, 01:16 AM
Sounds to me like this girl is involved and incompetent, or has a psycho following her around. And don't rule out that she already knew where your place was - she had your phone number and could have just feigned ignorance.

Her lack of surprise that someone was downstairs when she returned, and her burglar comment, make me think she is involved somehow. The only possibility not heretofore mentioned is that she unexpectedly encountered the ex downstairs, he threatened her and left in a hurry. However I would discount this theory pretty strongly.

Smells like she's a drug user and is really flailing here. This doesn't make sense because it's so incompetent. I would not have given her as much info as you did. It will make her think she's in the clear and she may try to maintain contact and set you up again. The best play is to do and say nothing. If she doesn't call you, you can be that much more certain she was involved.

NT

sin808
04-28-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
good question, why would anyone leave it askew tho? My only guess is she was in a hurry because she couldnt really be gone long or I'd wonder wtf happned to her.

[/ QUOTE ]

She develop any drug issues in the time since you hadn't seen her? Seems really plausible to lie and say someone else broke in (from tweaker mindset), even though there's almost no chance that it's true.

Or maybe she's just really immature and was gonna throw a kegger at your place while your gone.

TimM
04-28-2005, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And don't rule out that she already knew where your place was - she had your phone number

[/ QUOTE ]

Try your phone number here:

http://www.daplus.us/PhoneSearch.aspx

slickpoppa
04-28-2005, 01:28 AM
I think one key to solving this mystery is figuring out how the thief (if it was not the girl) got into your house. Tells us all the possible entry points of your house and whether or not you are sure that they were locked. If all of your doors were definitely locked, then the thief could have still picked a lock, but he would definitely not lock the door as he left. So can you confirm whether all your doors were locked after you discovered the burglary? (I think it is amazing that the police were not asking these questions)

Non_Comformist
04-28-2005, 02:23 AM
A trap of some type needs to set up. I wouldn't tell that girl a thing

JaBlue
04-28-2005, 02:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im also going to call this chick today and tell her I found out what the burgler was after, and tell her I changed the garage remote. Im also gunna tell her that this has really kinda freaked me out so the guys from ADT are coming out tomorrow to install a security system (this isnt true). Then I think Im gunna tell her im not going out of town (also not true), and then just play phone tag with her while I'm really gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would want to know for sure if it was her. I would set her up to get caught in the act:

Put the remote back to the way it was. Take the most valuable stuff out of the garage, and seal the door into the house. Set up cameras and set up a hidden alarm system. etc. When that door opens, whoever is there, and whatever car is there, will be caught on tape, and the (delayed) alarm will go off, forcing them to leave before they could find the cameras or recording device.

[/ QUOTE ]

its a little pricy, ain't it?

ethan
04-28-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Im pretty bummed, one cuz I woudlnt ahve suspected her of this, and two, cuz I was really looking forward to some more booty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just don't hook up with her at your place anymore. Sure, she's f'ed up and trying to rob you, but crazy chicks are better in bed anyways.

TimM
04-28-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its a little pricy, ain't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps. My last job was with a company making PC based digital video recorders, so I could probably borrow some cameras and a DVR and do the install myself, then give the stuff back after a couple weeks. There are also ways he could set up his own computer to record video with a cheap webcam type device.

youtalkfunny
04-28-2005, 03:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
or this chick is FREAKIN CRAZY

[/ QUOTE ]

The simplest explanation is usually correct.

Chick is a nut-job. Attention-seeking headcase. Stop trying to apply logic to her motives. She is loony.

I've only gotten one surprise phone call in my life from a girl who wanted me to come over and [censored] her. I barely knew her at the time, and she turned out to be downright psychotic. No, she never snuck into my house and re-arranged the furniture--but that's probably because we were kids still living with our parents. When I try to imagine her as an adult, though, it's something that I wouldn't put past her.

But yeah, the sex was worth it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stuey
04-28-2005, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

You said she was naked when she went down for the pee. If she is running around messing up stuff in your garage naked that is one crazy ho.

Anyone who came to steal your truck would look for the remote. They would also look for keys, or tools to get the truck running.

Most dogs won't bark even when a stranger comes in if they open a unlocked door. And they don't act afraid of the dog.

I am the first to think a chick is crazy but I think this was done by a really young or stupid random thief. Good chance nothing more will happen. But atleast you know to lock every door in the future. If they were locked you would know if your banging a headcase.

gl and consider switching to fat chicks they never pull this crap but stuff does go missing out of the fridge. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

TStoneMBD
04-28-2005, 04:35 AM
i really dont buy that the girl was looking through all your stuff and didnt have time to put everything back the way it was. is she an total idiot? anyone with logical sense will close any doors they open and put any lids back where they belong. by doing this, she may not be able to find the remote because she wont have to time to search everywhere, but at least this way you have no idea she was down there. obviously the way she left the scene you are going to change the remote access on your garage and suspect her directly.

some other things to think about:

it makes no sense that she wanted to leave early. she could have woken up in the morning and it would look much more like people came to scope out your place in the middle of the night.

dont you also think that she would try to get out of bed while you were sleeping to clean everything up in your basement? i know that if i was over someones house and was planning on robbing them id be scared shitless that i left the place the way that i did. id definitely come up with some sort of plan to go down there and fix it up.

wasnt the remote in plain site? if she went down there, what is the likelyhood that she would find the remote before going through all your [censored]? probably extremely likely.

shes either the stupidest crook in the world, or your theory is not right.

when first reading the thread, i thought you should setup a camera down there mainly because it was looking like there was a high probability that your place was haunted. that would be crazy to get it all on tape if a ghost went through all your stuff again. however, since the remote is missing i cant see this as a possibility.

TStoneMBD
04-28-2005, 04:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Most dogs won't bark even when a stranger comes in if they open a unlocked door. And they don't act afraid of the dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think this is at all correct. if the dog knows you 2 are upstairs by yourself hes going to bark like crazy.

Yobz
04-28-2005, 04:43 AM
You got laid by a hot chick...I read the rest of the story but it didn't matter, do you see why? I'll let other elaborate...

SGS
04-28-2005, 04:50 AM
Just curious did you hear the toilet flush or not? If not she definately was snoopin in the garage.

SGS

Stuey
04-28-2005, 05:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

i dont think this is at all correct. if the dog knows you 2 are upstairs by yourself hes going to bark like crazy

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah I could be very wrong about the dog. But I find when I look them square in the eye they don't bark. Start off really threatening then after about 20 sec you switch to happy and the dog will run up to greet you. Then you got a pal.

Tyler Durden
04-28-2005, 05:23 AM
Man, first that bar skank stole my check card and used it for $800 on my computer while I was passed out, now this....

what is the world coming to

Tablerat
04-28-2005, 05:47 AM
Whoever romped through the garage most likely left a huge fingerprint trail - if you have some buddies in the local PD then maybe they could help match up the ones on the toolshed with the ones on the wall above your headboard, or wherever else they could be in the bedroom, and have a good laugh in the meantime. Hopefully, she didn't help you return everything to normal too much to taint the evidence. If this story is completely true, I would want all the evidence I could get.

I think you were too hasty in giving up any new info to the crazy chick. She or an associate 100% would have returned to make the real robbery - now, not too likely, and it will be hard to bust her. Was she exhibiting any other strange behavior during the night, especially after you found the garage in disarray?

Brainwalter
04-28-2005, 05:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Whoever romped through the garage most likely left a huge fingerprint trail - if you have some buddies in the local PD then maybe they could help match up the ones on the toolshed with the ones on the wall above your headboard, or wherever else they could be in the bedroom, and have a good laugh in the meantime. Hopefully, she didn't help you return everything to normal too much to taint the evidence. If this story is completely true, I would want all the evidence I could get.

I think you were too hasty in giving up any new info to the crazy chick. She or an associate 100% would have returned to make the real robbery - now, not too likely, and it will be hard to bust her. Was she exhibiting any other strange behavior during the night, especially after you found the garage in disarray?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think the way the chick was acting when they discovered the disarray, when the cops were there, etc., is something Alobar should go into a lot more detail about.

stigmata
04-28-2005, 06:00 AM
Is there any possibility she is a hard drug user? What about her “ex” – do you know anything about him? If he’s using some bad [censored], he could well be putting her up to it. It really sounds like a bungled attempt at grabbing your garage key and spare car key (not the obvious one on the dashboard).

Also, the idea of fingerprinting is good. It’s actually fairly easy to do yourself, and quite good fun in a childish kind of way /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. Google search for the powder and a guide, and you need a magnifying glass/brush etc. Keep anything she used/touched (cup etc.) wrapped in a polythene bag until then. Practise on your own/friends prints for a while first. It won't stand up in court though.....

MrFeelNothin
04-28-2005, 06:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i really dont buy that the girl was looking through all your stuff and didnt have time to put everything back the way it was. is she an total idiot? anyone with logical sense will close any doors they open and put any lids back where they belong. by doing this, she may not be able to find the remote because she wont have to time to search everywhere, but at least this way you have no idea she was down there. obviously the way she left the scene you are going to change the remote access on your garage and suspect her directly.

some other things to think about:

it makes no sense that she wanted to leave early. she could have woken up in the morning and it would look much more like people came to scope out your place in the middle of the night.

dont you also think that she would try to get out of bed while you were sleeping to clean everything up in your basement? i know that if i was over someones house and was planning on robbing them id be scared shitless that i left the place the way that i did. id definitely come up with some sort of plan to go down there and fix it up.

wasnt the remote in plain site? if she went down there, what is the likelyhood that she would find the remote before going through all your [censored]? probably extremely likely.

shes either the stupidest crook in the world, or your theory is not right.

when first reading the thread, i thought you should setup a camera down there mainly because it was looking like there was a high probability that your place was haunted. that would be crazy to get it all on tape if a ghost went through all your stuff again. however, since the remote is missing i cant see this as a possibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

good analysis TStone. but what if we go to third-level thinking on this one. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

my hypothesis:
This girl is an accomplice in a house burglary ring. She picks-up the guys, scopes the houses, other dudes come a couple weeks later and finish the job. She figures, why not hit up an easy target, no work required...

she realizes that if your remote goes missing while she was there, she will look like an obvious suspect. so she tries to make the scene as random and weird as she can, like somebody was looking for something. this would lead you to the "neighbor's kid looking for drugs" or "random robber" conclusions nearly every time. she is absolved of suspicion, as if she had been the culprit she would have been as smooth and sneaky as possible. she wouldn't want you to notice that the remote was gone until she was long gone. plus she would have already known where the remote was, b/c she would have scoped the garage the first time she was in it. so having no reason to make the garage really messy and obvious is the best reason of all to do it.

the simplest explanation is usually correct, but its just not as fun damnit!

RunDownHouse
04-28-2005, 08:59 AM
Its too bad Alobar overplayed his hand before consulting OOT. I'm sure we could have come up with a good, devious way of trapping her at little/no risk to his person/property.

Rick Diesel
04-28-2005, 10:36 AM
After reading the additional information, it MUST be the chick. Reason being, if someone else was able to get into your garage without you knowing, why would they steal the garage door opener, instead of just entering the same way again in the future?

There are a couple possible explanations for the chick doing this:

(a) She was planning on robbing you when you went out of town (most likely)

(b) She was planning on staying at your place when you go out of town, which could be for many reasons such as she is getting evicted, she is mental and wanted to rub herself all over your sheets, she is a CIA operative and is spying on you (okay, not very likely)

(c) She thought that you nailing her gives her the right to stop in un-announced whenever she pleases

I am sure that there are other possible explanations, but if I were you I would set up some sort of trap to catch the broad. There are obviously many more choices that you will have to face if you do catch her. Do you turn her in, forgive her, blackmail her, etc.

Okay, thats enough thinking for me, you can figure out the rest.

NoChance
04-28-2005, 10:53 AM
I don't think she had an accomplice. If she did, she would have waited until morning to ask to leave. I think she acted alone. She waited for an opportunity to be alone for a short period of time (you upstairs, tired in bed because it's 3 AM) and then went down to the garage to search for the remote and an extra set of keys. I think the fact that she asked to go home at 3 AM was simply that she completed her mission and found what she was looking for (the remote). Otherwise she would have told you earlier in the night she would have to leave in the early AM for work and not spring that on you at 3 AM in the morning.

I also agree with not telling her all those things you mentioned before. There are enough bright minds in here to come up with something to set her up.

Alobar
04-28-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds to me like this girl is involved and incompetent, or has a psycho following her around. And don't rule out that she already knew where your place was - she had your phone number and could have just feigned ignorance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had my same phone number for 3 years, its a cell and its the only number I have, Its not connected to where I live. I checked some seach engines online just now, and nothing comes up with it.

to answer some other Qs, I'm 95% sure my dog would have barked, she goes apeshit whenever she hears anything outside, like the side gate being opened, or when someone knocks on the door. She has also barked everytime someone strange (to her) has been in the backyard (landlord, lawn care people, etc).

Im actually suprised she found my garage door opener, cuz it wasnt in an obvious spot, I am really suprised tho she didnt spend the entire night, I think that would have been a smarter play, sneak down later and put everything back to normal. but like someone said, maybe she was just worried id notice the remote was gone, and id suspect her. who knows tho, maybe she has a drug dealing BF that gets home at 4am and she had to get back.

I gave her all the information, because I didnt want to try and set her up. Who knows if shes coming back, or shes got some total drug addled thug types coming back. I have to live here, and I care much more about not getting boken into, than laying awake at night trying to catch someone in the act. I also am going to be out of town for 2 weeks and didnt want to come back to see my place emptied out. So I decided to make the play that makes it least likely she or someone she knows comes back to rob me. She now knows that the remote doesnt work, she thinks I have an alarm system, and she thinks im not going out of town.

I'm done with this chick to, so shes not gunna be over here again to get another crack at scoping anything out. Since she obviously used me, I might decide to use her, string her along and eff her at her place a few times. But I prolly won't, it's not worth it, and she obviously isnt the same person anymore, so who knows what would happen.

Matty
04-28-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im actually suprised she found my garage door opener, cuz it wasnt in an obvious spot, I am really suprised tho she didnt spend the entire night, I think that would have been a smarter play, sneak down later and put everything back to normal. but like someone said, maybe she was just worried id notice the remote was gone, and id suspect her. who knows tho, maybe she has a drug dealing BF that gets home at 4am and she had to get back.

[/ QUOTE ]Or maybe it was the alchohol. You really dodged a bullet. All she had to do was go back down to the "bathroom" at some point later in the night, close everything, and you would have been owned.

Where do you hide your garage opener?

Alobar
04-28-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not really hidden, its just in a really wierd place. Its on a shelf that holds all my bicycle stuff (shoes, helmet, etc), so that when I leave to go for a ride, I can close the garage near where the door actually is, cuz the only garage door button is right next to the door leading into the house. When I come back, I just let myself in through the house with my key.

meep_42
04-28-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And don't rule out that she already knew where your place was - she had your phone number

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This works in Google, too -- just type in the phone number.

-d

usmfan
04-28-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This works in Google, too -- just type in the phone number.

-d

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll bet that I could find your address if I knew your full name. Try here. (http://www.accurint.com)

DBowling
04-28-2005, 03:20 PM
this thread makes me not want to return my ex gf's call

bball233
04-28-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not really hidden, its just in a really wierd place. Its on a shelf that holds all my bicycle stuff (shoes, helmet, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, this should make things easier next time.

Cry Me A River
04-28-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm done with this chick to, so shes not gunna be over here again to get another crack at scoping anything out. Since she obviously used me, I might decide to use her, string her along and eff her at her place a few times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do not do this! If she's not working alone, this is just asking to be ambushed and rolled. If you have to hit it again, make it a hotel or some other neutral site (and make it spontaneous so she can't make any plans). You're bang on about never taking her to your place again she could easily be setting you up for a home invasion. If anything, you really should decide ahead of time on a course of action if she shows up at your door unexpectedly! (ie: You're on your way out, friends are coming over, etc...)

I think it's very, very likely she's not working alone. Presumably she wasn't doing burglaries two years ago or she would have tried to take you then. So something's changed since then and it'd be pretty unusual for someone to suddenly, spontaneously start start pulling crimes like this on their own. Far more likely someone got her into it, and likely that boyfriend she supposedly broke up with. So you really should keep in mind you have no idea about this guy and at best he's willing to pimp out his girlfriend to make a b&amp;e job easier, at worst he gets off on having her sleep with some guy and then ripping him off. They may well decide they've put enough time into this that they should give your place a try anyway, or she may decide you have enough good stuff to give it a shot...

If she was intending to rip you off by herself she's going to have a lot harder time cleaning you out than if she's got help. Nope, the whole things smells of some semblance of planning and not a spur of the moment thing, she absolutely knew going in what she was going to do. In fact, she's probably IS going through her phone book and setting up old boyfriends, working her way down the list - How do you know her? Do you have mutual friends? If so, you should ask around and see if anyone else has been ripped off. I can guarantee you this wasn't her first time.

As someone mentioned, she was looking for a spare set of keys - It's not unusual for someone to keep a spare set of house keys in the garage, particularly if the door between the house and garage locks automatically so they're prone to locking themselves out. You should probably assume she's managed to get a hold of a set of keys, either in the garage or main part of the house and have your locks changed. Even if you don't remember having a spare set, you may have left one in a drawer somewhere. Better to be safe than sorry.

As far as leaving the mess, or wanting to go home early, neither is unusual. Under stress, people do best when they rely on habit. That's why the army runs drill after drill, that's hy atheletes practice, practice, practice. If she's an experienced burglar then she would go with her routine which is to not care about making a mess while searching for goodies (this is also more efficient, since if you run out of time or are disturbed you still get the maximum amount of searching done, wheras if you tidy as you go it only slows you down). She may have intended to straighten up after she was finished but might have been interrupted (ie: the dog, or she might have thought she heard you coming downstairs). At any rate, it wouldn't be a huge priority since if nothing's missing most people won't bother calling the cops and even if you do, she's unlikely to be a suspect (hiding in plain sight).

She wanted to go home early because she'd already gotten what she'd come for and probably couldn't sleep because of the rush, particularly if she had intended to straighten up to avoid detection. If there is a boyfriend in the background then she would also want to get back to him and tell him that she'd scored (and that he's way better than you...)

You should call the burglary division (nevermind patrol cops) of your local PD and set up a meeting with a detective. Unless they're completely incompetant they'll be very interested, just lay the whole thing out. They may well be looking at a string of burglaries...

Do you have anyone who can house sit while your out of town? Or at least drop by regularly? If not, then how about your neighbours, can you get someone to keep an eye out?

KJS
04-28-2005, 05:16 PM
Why not a bluff to try to get her to admit something?

Try "the cops called me back today and said they suspect you were involved but didn't want to say anything at the time, [or the found some fingerprints or something]."

Then you can come with "I will vouch for you but you have to let me know if you were at all involved. I need to know whether I need to lie to the cops or not so I can get my story straight. I think I can get them off your back but you have to be straight with me."

KJS

Cry Me A River
04-28-2005, 06:37 PM
IMHO, a terrible idea.

If she's involved, she's extremely unlikely to admit anything and even if she does, except for his own "piece of mind", what good does it do? It's his word against hers. Why would she believe he'd cover for her after she just tried to rob him?

And right now, she has no idea he suspects her. This completely tips his hand and he looses all advantage. Hell, for all he knows she does have a boyfriend, the boyfriend freaks out at the thought of getting busted and comes for a visit carrying Mr. Louisville Slugger or Mr Smith and Mr Wesson.

Finally, on the remote chance that she's completely innocent, he's essentially accusing her and she's likely to be seriously offended.

If he's really interested in taking her down, he absolutely should only do it with the cops if they're up for a sting.

Otherwise, he should just stay the hell away from her and beef up his home security just in case she/they try to make a run at his house anyway.

xLukex
07-22-2005, 02:32 PM
BUMP!

What happened with this?!

I don't think it was the chick (unless she is on some heavy drugs) because leaving everything open is an ENORMOUS hassle for her. Why not just slip the opener in her purse and not have the whole scene with the cops?

And it takes approximately a half a second to close something that you opened...

Haha, I can't believe I replied to this.

casmells
07-22-2005, 04:00 PM
maybe she's a drug addict...
she could of sniffed all of the paint at her house, called you up, fked u, pretended to pee, and went in your garage.
SHe then looked around for any inhalants finding none, so she opened your gas tank and huffed as much gas as possible.

possible-yes probable-no

ilya
11-16-2005, 10:38 PM
So did you ever figure out for sure what happened, Alobar?

Alobar is right
11-16-2005, 11:30 PM
/images/graemlins/heart.gif I missed you Alobar /images/graemlins/heart.gif

tonypaladino
11-16-2005, 11:34 PM
yeah, this thread was awsome. we need a followup

Cumulonimbus
11-16-2005, 11:46 PM
Dude, it sounds like one of your friends is [censored] with you. They came to visit, heard you having sex, waited, got bored, and decided to have a little fun by tripping you out. Maybe it was an ex? [censored], I don't know. I don't imagine a stranger doing this cuz honestly, that's way risky. What are they gonna say? "Ohhh I wasn't gonna take anything, honest!" Or it was just a ghost.

1800GAMBLER
11-16-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

naw, cuz she was laying with me, I would have woken up if she had untangled herself from me and snuck off

[/ QUOTE ]

man, doesn't it strike you as odd that she woke you up at 3am to ask for a ride home? either ask after the movie, just as you are planning to sleep or spend the night. letting you fall asleep, then 1 hour later, waking you up seems very strange to me. she couldn't move then but text messages she could.

siccjay
11-17-2005, 12:25 AM
Yea whatever happened with this? While I was reading I thought it had to be a garage door opener he/she/it was looking for.

Ever talk to this chick again?

Vish
11-17-2005, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like you were a lousy lay, so she made an excuse to go looking around for a murder weapon, but couldn't find anything gruesome enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aw, I was waiting for your four paragraph, definitive solution to the Mystery of the Rifled-Through Garage. Your responses have been so short and smart-assed lately.

whodaman
11-17-2005, 02:57 AM
I am definetly getting an alarm if i am you. And i would definetly be scared of this chick and her friends. She was definetly in on it.

Peter666
11-17-2005, 04:37 AM
Cool story. And thanks for proving that we all need guns.

"So I call the police, cuz my skinny white ass doesnt wanna go searching through the house to see if someone is there, I'll let the guy with the badge and the gun do that. like 15(!!) minutes later 2 cops show up, I explain to the main cop what happened."

Alobar
11-17-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, this thread was awsome. we need a followup

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, theres not much to report. I went out of town right after it happened, and I worked out a pretty decent scheme to confront her with it and get her to admit her guilt, since after all the facts were in I was like 98% sure it had to have been her.

But when I got back home I never ended up doing it, partly because some time had passed and I'm lazy, but mostly because she was really hot and a great lay, and I have a history of continually putting myself in less than healthy situations for a draw like that. So I could see myself getting into another situation where its possible something could happen just so I could be banging this chick, and I felt that would just be dumb, so I decided the best plan was to just stop all contact with her. So I quit returning her calls and stuff. She still calls me everynow and then tho, still tempting to call her back too, heh. But shes relegated to spank bank material and a semi interesting story and unless I grow weak or retarded thats how it will likely stay.

anyway, thats what happened

astroglide
11-17-2005, 12:32 PM
if the relationship is over i don't see what you lose by calling her out on it